PDA

View Full Version : Ukrainians repurposing US DPICM rounds

Slater
08-25-23, 10:53
Taking a grinder to a live artillery shell is something that would give me pause, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

"The video from Ukraine shows individuals using an angle grinder to first saw off the front of the M483A1, before extracting the individual M42 and M46 submunitions inside. Each one of these shells contains 64 M42s and 24 M46s, or 88 in total. The main difference between the M42s and M46s is that the latter ones, which are found in the bottom rows in the shell, have a slightly heavier construction because of the increased force they experience during firing."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukrainians-are-cutting-open-u-s-cluster-shells-to-make-drone-munitions

davidjinks
08-26-23, 06:11
Bunch of ****ing retards! The base is held on by stake pins. Where they’re cutting is where the expelling charge is located. I modify the things for work/testing quite a bit. I hope that douchebag eats the base plate!

teufelhund1918
08-28-23, 05:32
If I'm not mistaken, this is what they are using to drop on the ruskis heads from the small drones.

mack7.62
08-28-23, 07:48
Yes to use as drone bombs, this is what they wanted Rockeye bombs for, not to drop from fighters but to extract the submunitions for drone use.

Meanwhile the Washington Post is claiming that the Pentagon is telling Ukraine "you guys are relying on drones too much you need to send more recon troops out" idiots.