PDA

View Full Version : SIG wins British optics contract

Slater
08-26-23, 08:36
Is "Support Weapons" referring to machine guns?

"NEWINGTON, N.H., (August 15, 2023) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is pleased to announce the award of a contract within the Support Weapons Enhanced Sighting System (SWESS) program of the British Armed Forces to include the ROMEO8T, JULIET3, and JULIET4 from SIG SAUER Electro-Optics."

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/sig-sauer-awarded-contract-for-british-armed-forces-for-support-weapons-enhanced-sighting-systems-swess-program

prepare
08-26-23, 11:33
Gov contracts seem to be SIG's new jam.

tn1911
08-26-23, 11:54
Gov contracts seem to be SIG's new jam.

Sig must be spending some serious cash on hookers and blow at those DC parties!

sinister
08-26-23, 12:27
Is "Support Weapons" referring to machine guns?Stated in the news release:

Further the SIG designed system is completely versatile and will easily compensate for bullet drop at various distances and designed to withstand the rigors of the 5.56 and 7.62 lightweight or medium machine gun platforms.

SteyrAUG
08-26-23, 15:36
It's official SIG is "shit kit."

Averageman
08-26-23, 15:58
It's official SIG is "shit kit."

I've owned two Sig USA carbines and that's what I would call them.

ABNAK
08-26-23, 19:06
Some retiring flag-grade officers, likely from the SOCOM community for "creds", were offered a sweet retirement gig from SIG in return for "influencing" DoD purchasing decisions. Think about it: the P320 (M17 and M18) which is now the standard sidearm of the U. S. military, the SAW/LMG prototypes, and of course the vaunted NGSW in .277 Fury.

My buddy is a retired SGM from 5th SFG and goes to the reunions each year at Ft. Campbell. They have a range day where the old[er] vets can shoot the latest and greatest. Last year they mentioned the NGSW but the indoor range was closed down to remodel it to handle the .277 Fury (or whatever the military designation is) and the active-duty guys said that even if the range was ready they couldn't get ammo for it! The reunion for 2023 is next month so it'll be interesting to hear if things are different this year.

Slater
08-26-23, 19:29
Germany selected the ELCAN Specter DR 1-4x for their new service rifle optic, so I guess SIG missed out on that one.