PDA

View Full Version : Scored on some Pmags

kittyhawk
01-03-09, 18:00
I went to the local Gander Mtn on friday with a $40 gift card from the mother in- law and was looking at some reloading supplys, well next to the reloading isle is the pistol mag shelf. There was a employee restocking the shelf so I was seeing what he was putting out and he pulled out a black 20 round Pmag, he stops and looks at like WTF is this, I ask how much are those he thinks for a second and says $9.99 I ask how many do you have, he looks in the box and there is 10, I say I'll take them and ask if he will ring me up he says sure.
So I walked out the door with 10 twenty round Pmags for $64.94.

Thanks to my mother in law and dumb employee's who don't have a Clue.......
Started my New Years off right....

Dave

AirTrafficControl
01-03-09, 18:03
nice job

zippygaloo
01-03-09, 18:42
...and dumb employee's who don't have a Clue.......

Not sure taking advantage of a "dumb" employee is something to be proud about.

WesleyCE
01-03-09, 18:50
He probably only paid $64.94 out of his pocket. He had the $40 gift card.

bkb0000
01-03-09, 20:26

dont be jealous

Charles Daly
01-03-09, 20:28

Agree. Hope the kid doesn't have to make it up out of his pocket.

czydj
01-03-09, 20:41

If he wasn't correct and just spouting nonsense, perhaps he should make it up. Where does personal responsibility start and end? I'm not saying it's right to take advantage of a dumb ass, I'm saying the DA has to learn sometime, eh?

Dr. Quickdraw Mcgraw
01-03-09, 21:12

The "kid" needs to learn to say "I don't know" and find out. The number of people in this world that would rather talk out of their ass so that they don't have to admit that they are are lacking in some mundane knowledge is staggering.

30 cal slut
01-03-09, 21:31
i scored a sizeable order of 30 rd pmags (forest green) from botach (!) for $11.99 this week (placed order week before the election). a few of them go to bed with me every night.

DarkX
01-03-09, 23:18
If I ask someone the price on an unmarked item I will gladly pay the price they quote if it falls within the range I am willing to pay.

Whether or not I think the price should be higher based on common market price point is not a factor if I ask and they quote.

Though I may know their standard price, I can not know what their dealer cost is on a given item at a given time or if the price has gone down and it is not my job to keep up with what they need to be selling for to meet their profit margin.

If I ask in good faith and they quote and sell any mistake is on them, not on me. I'll simply not argue in order to pay more.

Rider79
01-03-09, 23:38
i scored a sizeable order of 30 rd pmags (forest green) from botach (!) for $11.99 this week (placed order week before the election). a few of them go to bed with me every night.

WHAT? I put an order in a couple days after the election, and I got the bullshit email about the backorder deal. I contacted them a couple times, and got the same email, then I got the email cancelling my order. The order I placed had a Glock mag in the cart, so the price was 12.65 a mag. Now they have only 20 rounders listed on their site at 19.95 apiece. I spent alot of money with Botach in the past with no problems, but **** them now.

Gentoo
01-03-09, 23:41
You guys are reading way too much into this.

Gander Mtn is a giant mega retail store. I would be stunned if they do not have computerized tracking of their inventory. I highly doubt their POS (point of sale) system would even let the sales kid ring up the purchase without a SKU / UPC. Soon as he enters that in, the price comes up. Its not like he was using a manual cash register and a sales slip.

Spyw
01-04-09, 00:39
When I was working at Gander, I remember countless times having to go find items when the customer brought up one that had the tag ripped off. It is almost impossible to ring something up without scanning the bar code. The only time I did it, the manager had to show me the super secret handshake.

I know first hand that the product training is horrible, as it is for any retail chain store, but for every dumbass kid story you can find, I can give you my own dumbass customer story.

jtemple
01-04-09, 08:31
WHAT? I put an order in a couple days after the election, and I got the bullshit email about the backorder deal. I contacted them a couple times, and got the same email, then I got the email cancelling my order. The order I placed had a Glock mag in the cart, so the price was 12.65 a mag. Now they have only 20 rounders listed on their site at 19.95 apiece. I spent alot of money with Botach in the past with no problems, but **** them now.I'm in the same boat and had even placed my order with them prior to the election. They cancelled my order twice without consulting me first. I'll give my money to someone else.

Mr.Goodtimes
01-04-09, 09:44
when i was in high school i worked at a local publix grocery store. It was kinda funny cause, like stated above, for every dumb ass employee thing i could come up with, i could also come up with a dumb ass customer story. Most of the people at my store were dumb asses though, atleast in my department anyway.

Congrats on scoring those pmags man, thats a steal!

Rider79
01-04-09, 17:08
I'm in the same boat and had even placed my order with them prior to the election. They cancelled my order twice without consulting me first. I'll give my money to someone else.

I just want to know how he got his.