PDA

View Full Version : Gun Law Struck Down and The Growing List of Exceptions for 2A Rights

WillBrink
08-29-23, 08:28
A case where a prior felon has Rights restored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVXsX5M2gzA

chadbag
08-29-23, 08:47
A case where a prior felon has Rights restored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVXsX5M2gzA

I met a guy yesterday who has had his rights restored and his felony expunged. The felony was a dumb-ass kid drug charge. Dude went to prison for a year, thought better of such a lifestyle, and has been a productive citizen since (he is close to 40 now). The way it should be.

Averageman
08-29-23, 08:53
I met a guy yesterday who has had his rights restored and his felony expunged. The felony was a dumb-ass kid drug charge. Dude went to prison for a year, thought better of such a lifestyle, and has been a productive citizen since (he is close to 40 now). The way it should be.

My Step-Dad did.
Got his Felony record expunged, I didn't know everything about the Charges, but I believe he was first charged with attempted murder in California.
He adopted me as soon as the paperwork was final.

robbins290
08-29-23, 08:57

Do you know how he went about doing that? My sisters husband was in the same boat, Crappy drug charge from the late 90's, He is alot older now and wants to get into hunting, He asked me, And I had no idea.

Averageman
08-29-23, 09:29
Do you know how he went about doing that? My sisters husband was in the same boat, Crappy drug charge from the late 90's, He is alot older now and wants to get into hunting, He asked me, And I had no idea.

A quick internet search should put him in touch with several attorney's that can help him.

robbins290
08-29-23, 09:32
A quick internet search should put him in touch with several attorney's that can help him.

Ya, I tried 2 of the local lawyers I found by a google search, both said they could not help. That's Why I asked.

WillBrink
08-29-23, 10:09
Ya, I tried 2 of the local lawyers I found by a google search, both said they could not help. That's Why I asked.

It varies state to state as I understand it.

glocktogo
08-29-23, 15:22

Definitely depends on the state. There's one in my AOR that specializes in expungements. Claims to have done over a thousand of them.

SteyrAUG
08-29-23, 16:20
Lots of people get their rights restored. Especially if it was for a non violent conviction. Just actually have to go through the process and do it.

AKDoug
08-29-23, 18:38

You'll find that a lot of muzzle loader, archery and cross bow hunters are not allowed to possess firearms.

seb5
08-29-23, 18:51

It depends on the state laws. Many states also allow air rifles to be used for big game hunting. A.45 caliber slug moving fast will kill pigs or deer. Any attorney worth anything will be able to tell you why he says he can't help you. It may be the charge, the political party in charge, or even the local LEO Sheriff or prosecutor writing a letter for or against. I've written many letters to our Governor. Some things I won't touch, Domestic Battery, sexual assault charges, or crimes that someone was hurt or killed in the commission of their crimes.

SteyrAUG
08-29-23, 20:50

I'd probably start with the lawyer who originally defended him, who could probably make a recommendation or referral.