PDA

View Full Version : KAK Industry K-SPEC bottom-vent BCG

Disciple
08-29-23, 15:10
Splitting this off from another thread.

Yeah I can't imagine redirecting gas and crud into the FCG and mags is a good thing. Especially if you are doing something like shooting 1000 rounds during a class or training day. They are actually arguing over that on the Reddit sub. Kind of defies logic.

That was my reaction as well. However they seem to be trying hard to address that concern, and are arguing that any additional fouling is marginal compared to what comes from blowback through the chamber.

What isn't marginal is the difference in the gas release next to the shooter's face. While probably not optimal for combat reliability, though it would be interesting if anyone can actually demonstrate a statistically significant difference, it may be worth it for health while training.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/saNB05ySWKA

Stickman
08-29-23, 16:21
It might be worth pointing out KAK has one version which vents down, and another that side vents like a traditional carrier. If someone is sensitive to suppressor gases and noise, it might be an option for them. Otherwise, I would go with the side venting version.

Pappabear
08-29-23, 17:02
Guys, I watched that video but don't grasp the gravity of the video. Can you explain what's going here?

PB

Dutch110
08-29-23, 17:23
Guys, I watched that video but don't grasp the gravity of the video. Can you explain what's going here?

PB

I think the top rifle is regular milspec BCG and resultant gas expulsion. The bottom is their K-Spec BCG which directs the gas downwards and into the magazine and lower receiver.

Pappabear
08-29-23, 18:09
I think the top rifle is regular milspec BCG and resultant gas expulsion. The bottom is their K-Spec BCG which directs the gas downwards and into the magazine and lower receiver.

got it, thanks

PB