PDA

View Full Version : "The Equalizer 3"

Slater
09-02-23, 21:01
Saw this one the other day. If you liked the first two you probably won't be disappointed in this one. Denzel is older and looking more out of shape but still manages to get the job done. Except this time he's in Italy.

This is supposedly the last installment in the franchise.

TexHill
09-02-23, 23:25
I wish Denzel would make a movie about U.S. Marshal Bass Reeves. Reeves was a total bad ass. He apprehended over 3,000 criminals, killed 14, and had so much integrity that he arrested his own son for murder.

glocktogo
09-03-23, 00:10
I wish Denzel would make a movie about U.S. Marshal Bass Reeves. Reeves was a total bad ass. He apprehended over 3,000 criminals, killed 14, and had so much integrity that he arrested his own son for murder.

This. Would probably need a Denzel/John David collaboration for younger/older timeline.

TexHill
11-04-23, 09:20
Looks like I'm getting my wish boys! They made a series about Bass Reeves. Airs tomorrow on Paramount. God bless Taylor Sheridan!

https://youtu.be/x3XFsQEoJZI?si=VMaylmMBM7cPhXtX
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15399640/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Red*Lion
11-05-23, 08:30
While I am not against this type of movie, it has been done to death. The Jason Borne series, Liam Neeson movies and John Wick just to name a few movies of the "indestructible," super-world badass that kills many and barely gets a scratch. The Bass Reeves series looks interesting.

Diamondback
11-05-23, 10:48
As a fan of the ORIGINAL with Edward Woodward, don't particularly like the "reboot" bullshit on either big or small screens. Okay movies, great acting by DW, but Not MY Equalizer--should have been done as a "Legacy" where somehow after the original's death a protege is inspired to take up the mantle and continue the work.

Ditto Nu-Walker and Nu-Magnum--should have been a TNG with Padalecki and Hernandez playing new characters in the families rather than trying to fill Norris's boots and Selleck's shoes.

Red*Lion
11-05-23, 21:00
I watched the first two episodes of the "Lawman: Bass Reeves" on Paramount + and it was pretty good. I would recommend.

Diamondback
11-06-23, 09:52
Building on my prior, I would have liked to see big and small screen as a 'shared universe' with different characters who were both McCall protégés picking up and continuing the work, not even needing to appear together just making reference to each other in passing.