PDA

View Full Version : SIG SP2022

Slater
09-08-23, 20:55
I was a bit surprised to see the 2022 still present on SIG's website - I thought it had been discontinued. It's now referred to as the "Nitron Carry", although I believe that previously many thought of it as a duty-sized gun.

Considering the sea of handguns that SIG has on the market these days, how long will the 2022 stay in production?

https://www.sigsauer.com/sp2022-nitron-carry-size.html

ST911
09-09-23, 06:58
I was a bit surprised to see the 2022 still present on SIG's website - I thought it had been discontinued. It's now referred to as the "Nitron Carry", although I believe that previously many thought of it as a duty-sized gun. Considering the sea of handguns that SIG has on the market these days, how long will the 2022 stay in production?

Lots of export sales, seen often in central and south america.

Slater
09-09-23, 19:31
Deleted

SteyrAUG
09-10-23, 05:30
Honestly that's one of the few affordable ones, that is actually reliable. Anyone with a brain is still grabbing that option.

CrowCommand
09-10-23, 06:21
I’ve got one that I learned to shoot on…it probably has 20k rounds through it. It sits these days, probably should replace some springs, but it’s been a great gun for the $400 I got it for 15 years ago.

One big complaint I have is the enormous slide stop/release. Very easy to induce malfunctions with the wrong grip.

JediGuy
09-10-23, 15:42
Back when I wanted to get my first non-22LR pistol years ago, it was between the SP2022 and PPQ. I’ve been happy with the PPQ but don’t think I would have regretted the Sig.

Pappabear
09-11-23, 20:27
I saw one at a LGS and inquired about it and the rep said they are decent handguns and sell reasonable well. Their hammer fired guns are their strong suit so I’m not surprised.

PB.

Slater
09-11-23, 20:39
After 20 years, I wonder if the French Police are still using theirs?

Rob96
09-12-23, 02:16
But why its own magazine and it make it compatible with the P series?

m4brian
09-13-23, 06:51
But why its own magazine and it make it compatible with the P series?

I believe its the design of the gun - which is similar in function but way different in the execution than the P Series - its a totally new design.

It is stone cold reliable, durable, accurate and easy to shoot. It would have been nice if SIG supported it better in terms of grips, etc.

I can probably shoot my CZs a tad better, but none come with as good a trigger OTB.

SteyrAUG
09-13-23, 17:10
I’ve got one that I learned to shoot on…it probably has 20k rounds through it. It sits these days, probably should replace some springs, but it’s been a great gun for the $400 I got it for 15 years ago.

One big complaint I have is the enormous slide stop/release. Very easy to induce malfunctions with the wrong grip.

People got so fixated on that "high on the bore axis" doctrine that they started riding their control features. I have a friend who always rides the slide stop on his P226 to the point it filled with gunk and it rarely works.

Hank6046
09-14-23, 13:13

I had one for 6+ years, I sold it because I shot my striker pistols so much more. It was a great gun, wish I hadn't gotten rid of it

m4brian
09-14-23, 16:02
People got so fixated on that "high on the bore axis" doctrine that they started riding their control features. I have a friend who always rides the slide stop on his P226 to the point it filled with gunk and it rarely works.

Some even say its a design FLAW. I'm not on that wagon. Because I liked SIG P guns, I learned early on how to grip the pistol to avoid not locking the slide. Its not that hard, and CAN help on other pistols (Like FNX which can give safety bite). SIG is almost the only gun that everyone can drop the slide in the fastest manner available - without using the weak hand.

Bore axis is a canard.

SteyrAUG
09-18-23, 15:23
Some even say its a design FLAW. I'm not on that wagon. Because I liked SIG P guns, I learned early on how to grip the pistol to avoid not locking the slide. Its not that hard, and CAN help on other pistols (Like FNX which can give safety bite). SIG is almost the only gun that everyone can drop the slide in the fastest manner available - without using the weak hand.

Bore axis is a canard.

I've been shooting p226s since 1985 and I've never had it happen.

jesuvuah
09-21-23, 06:37
I have a very fat thumb, so it is very easy for it to happen to me. I usually either file down the lever, or use a p224/legion lever. I also have the issue with the 2022, and that is one of the reasons I don't own one, also, with all the p226s and 229s I have, I don't really need one.

Soli Deo Gloria

TheNewbie
10-15-23, 22:14
I would have no issue toting a SP2022. It's a platform I wish Sig had developed more, but that might have made it worse given Sig's at times spotty QC.. Plus, it's understandable when TDA platforms are not the in thing now for duty use.