PDA

View Full Version : New B-21 Raider Photos!!!

tn1911
09-12-23, 18:51
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/16h5yir

3 new photos at link!

:cool::cool::cool:

jwfuhrman
09-12-23, 21:11
hawt

I can't wait to see the NGAD Fighter, the F22 replacement. Although I feel bad for the Raptor, only gotten to eat a couple Balloons is all. REALLLLLY want to see what it can do against near pear 5th Gen's.... Kinda have a feeling it would be so one sided it would be a War Crime.

If you watch any of Habitutial Line Crossers videos on TikTok, you'll know what I'm talking about.

ABNAK
09-13-23, 06:15
Looks like a B-2.

mack7.62
09-13-23, 06:38
Looks like a B-2.

Smaller.

flenna
09-13-23, 07:31
Wow! Looks just like I imagined it would look. I must be clairvoyant or something.

Diamondback
09-13-23, 09:19
Am I the only one who finds it curious that all of the new airframe contracts go to one of two CA companies for Primes? McDonnell-wearing-Boeing-skinsuit needs a thorough housecleaning, but it seems to me that letting Northrop and Lockheed play ping-pong back and forth isn't healthy for either the national budget OR military procurement and logistics.

As for where Boeing is... you KNOW you have a f'ed-up company culture when NASA wants to get the US back in the SST biz and they specifically exclude you despite having gotten as far as order books, full scale mockup and beginning tooling on the LAST try, or when despite once being THE USAF main bomber builder you don't even get invited to make a pitch on Priming the next one. Granted, with Northrop culture Raider's probably gonna be B-2 all over again with cost overruns and order reductions formin a vicious cycle making the fleet a tiny fraction of what's needed... remember, chop a B-2 up into one ounce cubes and distribute the cost evenly across them and each B-2 literally cost more than its own weight in gold bullion.

tn1911
09-13-23, 10:03
B-21 ‘Family Of Systems’ Details Emerge, Engine Test Runs Start

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/b-21-family-of-systems-details-emerge-engine-test-runs-start

Kendall said the Long Range Strike family includes systems that will be integrated with the aircraft, like weapons and sensors, and ones that will "accompany" it. Descriptions of the latter category seem to, at least in part, allude to the existence of one or more additional very advanced aircraft designs, very likely stealthy and uncrewed, which may already be in service on some level, although Kendall did not discuss it.
Kendall also elaborated on how Raiders might work together with future advanced drones with high degrees of autonomy that be acquired through the Collaborative Combat Aircraft (CCA) program. That effort is part of the service's larger Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) modernization initiative that is also built around a family of systems. The B-21 and the strategically-focused Long-Range Strike ecosystem will complement the tactical-focused NGAD, and vice versa, and work is being done to allow the two ecosystems will mesh together wherever possible.

ABNAK
09-13-23, 18:21
Doing cardio this morning before work I watched one of those "Combat Countdowns" (or whatever it's called) shows I had recorded for distraction purposes. These are 10yo programs but their #1 winner of the "stealth" episode was the B-2. Said they could carry 80 x 500lb bombs (as a max load of course). IIRC that's a B-52 load.....in other words the B-2 can pull off an undetected Arc Light! I love it!

Diamondback
09-13-23, 18:49
Doing cardio this morning before work I watched one of those "Combat Countdowns" (or whatever it's called) shows I had recorded for distraction purposes. These are 10yo programs but their #1 winner of the "stealth" episode was the B-2. Said they could carry 80 x 500lb bombs (as a max load of course). IIRC that's a B-52 load.....in other words the B-2 can pull off an undetected Arc Light! I love it!

Four candygrams shy of a Big Belly-modified D, more than an H with the scrapping of the "optimized" high-density racks. (Nice going, tards!) Problem is, an Arc Light was SIX BUFFs, one cell of three then a second a little after. Walter Boyne overlayed a map of Washington DC onto an Arc Light damage map in his book on the B-52, and the area of effect was comparable to the entire National Mall end-to-end including all the buildings on both sides.

rero360
09-13-23, 18:57
I look forward to stepping outside of the hanger at my end of the runway to see one of them take off, I keep missing the B2 flights lately. I’ve seen a few of our U2s take off recently and that was really cool to see. I think I saw a few F-35s a while back as well.