PDA

View Full Version : MK12 Mod 1 Upper

ncstroker
09-12-23, 19:08
Good evening gents, trying to round out my clone collection with a MK12 Mod 1. Was looking at Charlie’s with the Douglas barrel which I guess would be the clone correct, or the Centurion MK12 with what I assume is their barrels. Now clone correct is generally my first choice but everything I have seen on the Centurion ones they are as accurate as some of my bolt guns. Just curious if the Douglas barrel correct ones can shoot as good or close to the Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer_Man
09-12-23, 19:51
Good evening gents, trying to round out my clone collection with a MK12 Mod 1. Was looking at Charlie’s with the Douglas barrel which I guess would be the clone correct, or the Centurion MK12 with what I assume is their barrels. Now clone correct is generally my first choice but everything I have seen on the Centurion ones they are as accurate as some of my bolt guns. Just curious if the Douglas barrel correct ones can shoot as good or close to the Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d recommend the Centurion Arms barrel. Monty spent time at NSWC Crane during his military career as a SEAL, and sources his MK12 barrels (made from Douglas blanks) from the same people that supplied NSWC Crane with theirs. I used one of his barrels on a SPR build, and it was fantastic.

Stickman
09-14-23, 16:25
Another vote for the SEAL barrel from a SEAL who was involved in the project and understands the intricacies. I have a few of the Centurion Arms MK12 barrels, and have talked to Monty more than once about both the barrel and MK12 series. Their barrels are phenomenal.