PDA

View Full Version : Fora app support

B52U
09-14-23, 14:14
It looks like tons of forums are switching away from supporting Tapatalk to the Fora app due to an ownership/policy change at tapatalk. Is there a likelihood that M4C will follow the trend?

.45fan
09-14-23, 19:39
The company that bought all those forums has a web site called onefora for all their mods and afmin to discuss things.

When they dump Tapatalk and this "new app" with a similar name to their web site comes up I think I'll just say, eff all of their forums at this point.

Most of the forums have went to hell since the multiple companies (read one company took over then has been sold once or twice since) have taken over all of them.

B52U
09-14-23, 21:08
The company that bought all those forums has a web site called onefora for all their mods and afmin to discuss things.

When they dump Tapatalk and this "new app" with a similar name to their web site comes up I think I'll just say, eff all of their forums at this point.

Most of the forums have went to hell since the multiple companies (read one company took over then has been sold once or twice since) have taken over all of them.Yikes, just read up on this company. Sucks cause about half my fav forums are now part of their borg.

.45fan
09-14-23, 21:14
Yikes, just read up on this company. Sucks cause about half my fav forums are now part of their borg.I agree.

Look at the yearly cost of tapatalk, then look at the same cost of their app and you'll understand why I said eff their forums at this point.

ETA:
Tapatalk has specials for $4.99 a year for the last few years.

Their new all is $49.99.

Screwball
09-14-23, 21:22
Fora app sucks… that’s the Spark Notes version. Literally running the forums in a browser, just harder to switch between forums.

pinzgauer
09-14-23, 21:25
I paid $3.99 for Tapatalk, no yearly fee. Best $4 I've spent.

I won't use fora

omegajb
09-14-23, 21:32
I didn't realize VerticalScope owns many of the forums and the Fora app is made by them.

If makes sense that all the emails have the same cookie cutter language and the mods all seem to be the same person shutting down the questions.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk