PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Gun Safe

ryr8828
09-15-23, 13:07
Probably more of a gun cabinet.
I have this stack on gun cabinet with a combination lock and a handle. I keep my cheap stuff in there, some .22 rifles and some shotguns. We go to Florida for 6 months every year. We got back this year and I couldn't find the combination. Still haven't found it. Yes I'd like to kick my own ass for not having it hid on my phone or my computer, but I didn't do that.

I emailed stack on. They've been bought out by cannon. Even though I have a paper saying I can get the combination for $30 the reply I got says
The MRC/Keys service is not available.

We do not have this information.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So between now and when we leave for Florida in November I either find the combination or break in. What I'm wondering is the least destructive way to break in. I'd like to save the cabinet to put in my shop if I could.

Edited to add, it's either bolted to the wall or floor, I don't remember what I did but it's not moving from it's current location until it's open.

Artos
09-15-23, 15:18
Is a locksmith not an option??

rero360
09-15-23, 15:25
There’s bound to be a YouTube video on how to break into it.

hotbiggun42
09-15-23, 15:50
A couple prybars will make quick work of that safe. Not sure it will be usuable afterwards.

JoshNC
09-17-23, 14:21
A couple prybars will make quick work of that safe. Not sure it will be usuable afterwards.

This is the correct answer. You will trash it. But most RSCs are easily defeated with a long pry bar.

ryr8828
09-17-23, 17:17
I found a video showing me where to drill a small hole so I could send a borescope inside and watch the wheels.

Can't find my borescope either so I have one coming tomorrow.

Averageman
09-18-23, 09:39
3 number combo like a Master Lock?
There are video's on how to work those on YouTube.

ryr8828
09-19-23, 17:18
Drilled a 3/8" hole and ran a borescope in there. Watched the wheels turn and wrote down the numbers when they lined up, safe now open.
Need to find a decal to put over the hole.

I guess I'll take it to Florida with me along with 14 "assault weapons" if nothing happens in the courts. IL registration starts Oct. 1 and closes Dec. 31. I ain't registering shit, register this dick IL authoritarians.