PDA

View Full Version : This South really loves there High School Football, come see how much !

Averageman
09-19-23, 16:19
I've seen this happen in HS Football Games, the underdog beats the rivals and then their Band Plays until the Stadium empties, just to kind of rub it in a little bit.
This begins 18 minutes after the Game is overand I'm willing to bet this Cop is one of the Hometown Team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEwTZKmXGIk
This is so crazy to me, but honestly someone makes an ass out of themselves every season.

You have to admit tazing the Band Director might be the highlight of any Mans day.

Averageman
09-19-23, 17:06
And suddenly he can't remember telling the Cop to "Get out of my Face."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1Q5Xh6Pp0
I'm almost willing to bet this rivalry is not going to rest anytime soon.

SteyrAUG
09-19-23, 18:18
A bunch of children teaching high schoolers how to not act like adults.

It's a damn game, sometimes they win, sometime you win. It's about building bodies and learning confidence, but it's one of the least important things related to a high school education. Rubbing in a win is what children do and contrary to the sportsmanship you should be learning from the experience. Take wins with grace and show respect to the other team.

Won't even get into the "band director" being the one to show his ass, he didn't win anything. But he did embarrass the school.

Wildcat
09-20-23, 02:13
So, the conductor became a resistor.

Is he grounded now?

SteyrAUG
09-20-23, 05:02
So, the conductor became a resistor.

Is he grounded now?

Nice. I wonder what his capacity is.

Averageman
09-20-23, 07:16
I can't believe that no one else has seen this kind of stuff happening.
Pretty much the quickest way to get a punch in the nose is to talk some smack out in the parking lot after a game.

pinzgauer
09-20-23, 11:39
I don't see this as the slam dunk that some of y'all do. To me it was significant bad judgment by all, but especially by law enforcement.

The screaming female officer was the main part of the problem who escalated things.

The band director said "this is our last song let us finish". That sounded pretty reasonable to me.

Then right before they tased him one of the officers said "you're going to jail because you disrespected me".

The officers might have been technically in the right though I would like to know what law or ordinance was being broken. I guess they were under orders to clear the stadium so they could secure it but I've seen plenty of bands/fans linger long after the fact when the home team won. No escalation like this and no one got tased.

Some of the officers were being reasonable, it was the shrill shreaking female officer that pushed things over the edge.

When the guy did stop playing and the band started to disperse including the director they could have just left them disperse which was the original intent.

Instead they escalated, came out looking like jack booted thugs.

When they came to arrest him he should have said "you're going to arrest me for allowing my band to finish the song, really?". He screwed up when he resisted arrest because he gave them something to charge him with.

If people want to know why large portions of the community do not respect l e o anymore this type of thing is one of the reasons why.

LEO have a very difficult job to do and need to be able to do it. But there are times that they walk the edge into bad judgment and this is one of those times.

"You're going to jail because you disrespected me..." right

Averageman
09-20-23, 12:05
And that's how out of control these thing occasionally get.
The whole idea of the Band Director playing 18 minutes after the Game was over was a dig on the Home Team. Rubbing in a Victiry I would surmise.
So going over and asking him to cool it and close it down wasn't a bad idea.
I'm just saying being an asshole at my House means we might be fighting in the driveway before long.
That's what I see.

As far as the Cops go, I saw few attempts to descalate and a few bad moves that escalted a bad stiuation.
But I've seen adult grown ass Men through fists over a Little League Game.

chuckman
09-20-23, 12:25
"You're going to jail because you disrespected me..." right

You wanna civil suit you're gonna lose? Cause that's how you get a civil suit you're gonna lose.

pinzgauer
09-20-23, 13:37
The whole idea of the Band Director playing 18 minutes after the Game was over was a dig on the Home Team. Rubbing in a Victiry I would surmise.

Traditions vary... With a serving infantry officer son who commissioned via West Point we became familiar with the tradition of the teams lining up in front of the bands and singing the alma mater after the game. The losing team goes first and the winning team stands respectfully behind them while they sing. Then the positions are reversed and the winning team sings.

So the stadiums are not normally cleared for 30 minutes or more after the game. All done respectfully.

Not all schools do this, but I'll say 90% of the schools who didn't normally at least did when playing USMA out of respect for the tradition.

The whole idea of fisticuffs over a football game is just stupid to me. But not surprising, I felt actively threatened when relatives invited us to a Clemson game and I happened to accidentally wear the wrong colored shirt. Completely out of ignorance but it was the school color of a school I had never heard of before.

We were surrounded by hardcore Clemson types and the glares and the growls were very threatening even if also just stupid and redneck.

Back on topic, this whole incident was totally avoidable. The shrieking female officer lost her temper and really escalated the issue. And of course the band director should not have resisted, he would have come out ahead if he looked the officers in the eyes and said "you're really going to arrest me for letting the band finish playing it song".

SteyrAUG
09-20-23, 17:17
I can't believe that no one else has seen this kind of stuff happening.
Pretty much the quickest way to get a punch in the nose is to talk some smack out in the parking lot after a game.

Can't remember the last time I was at a sporting event. Concentrated idiot magnets.

chuckman
09-20-23, 19:28
Can't remember the last time I was at a sporting event. Concentrated idiot magnets.

With college football, college basketball, college baseball, pro football, and pro hockey, I go to many games a year. Some words here or there but no issues.

Averageman
09-20-23, 22:02
Then there is this;
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/patriots-fan-died-stadium-fight-didnt-suffer-traumatic-injury-medical-rcna105846

A New England Patriots fan didn't suffer from "traumatic" injuries when he collapsed at a game and later died, officials said Wednesday, suggesting his death may not be linked to a fight at the stadium.

Dale Mooney, a 53-year-old New Hampshire resident, fell unconscious in the fourth quarter of New England's "Sunday Night Football" game against the Miami Dolphins in the upper deck of Gillette Stadium in Foxborough and could not be revived, officials said.

He was punched by a Miami Dolphins fan and fell unconscious, witnesses said, but that blow might not have been the cause of Mooney's death.

"Preliminary autopsy results did not suggest traumatic injury, but did identify a medical issue," according to a statement Wednesday from the Norfolk District Attorney's Office. "Cause and manner of death remain undetermined pending further testing."

jsbhike
09-21-23, 05:40
Then there is this;
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/patriots-fan-died-stadium-fight-didnt-suffer-traumatic-injury-medical-rcna105846

A New England Patriots fan didn't suffer from "traumatic" injuries when he collapsed at a game and later died, officials said Wednesday, suggesting his death may not be linked to a fight at the stadium.

Dale Mooney, a 53-year-old New Hampshire resident, fell unconscious in the fourth quarter of New England's "Sunday Night Football" game against the Miami Dolphins in the upper deck of Gillette Stadium in Foxborough and could not be revived, officials said.

He was punched by a Miami Dolphins fan and fell unconscious, witnesses said, but that blow might not have been the cause of Mooney's death.

"Preliminary autopsy results did not suggest traumatic injury, but did identify a medical issue," according to a statement Wednesday from the Norfolk District Attorney's Office. "Cause and manner of death remain undetermined pending further testing."

That's almost like an article from The Onion.

Averageman
09-21-23, 08:58
That's almost like an article from The Onion.

Well, it just goes to show you, the guy was 53, probobly had a Wife and Kids, but couldn't leave that sh it alone.
I wonder what happens that brings this sort of mental state?

This was a Professional Team, they really don't need your help playing ball and afterall, getting killed in the stands is just silly and immature..
But, large groups of people watching a violent Sport, what do you expect?

jsbhike
09-21-23, 10:21
Well, it just goes to show you, the guy was 53, probobly had a Wife and Kids, but couldn't leave that sh it alone.

This was a Professional Team, they really don't need your help playing ball and afterall, getting killed in the stands is just silly and immature..

Oh yeah the getting worked up over a ball game is just weird to me even way back when I enjoyed watching them.

My comment on The Onion was based on the details in the article. All of the quotes related to the decedent's condition and final moments were from a guy eventually revealed to be an exterminator, how people were dressed(I assume Tyreek Hill jersey has some significance?), and a few other things similar to stuff The Onion sticks in their satire for the hyperbole or shock value.

SteyrAUG
09-21-23, 15:19

People who have NO LIFE. That's why they say "we" won. No...YOU didn't win anything. A bunch of guys you never met who would probably never hang out with you...they won the game. But people attach themselves to that, paint their faces and attend winter games without shirts in the hopes that somebody might take notice. Then they can be by extension part of the team.

The same people when they are at home scream at their tv sets. It's seriously mental.

czgunner
09-21-23, 15:31
People who have NO LIFE. That's why they say "we" won. No...YOU didn't win anything. A bunch of guys you never met who would probably never hang out with you...they won the game. But people attach themselves to that, paint their faces and attend winter games without shirts in the hopes that somebody might take notice. Then they can be by extension part of the team.

The same people when they are at home scream at their tv sets. It's seriously mental.Yeah, I agree. I just don't get the sports obsession. I played sports in high school and enjoy watching sometimes, but its over the top for most people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
09-21-23, 18:33
Yeah, I agree. I just don't get the sports obsession. I played sports in high school and enjoy watching sometimes, but its over the top for most people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You can enjoy sports without being a retard about it. But for people where it is there entire identity, would never be seen in public without official team gear and have vehicles in their team colors with decals, etc. Christ I know of two houses where they interior of the entire house is decorated with a team motif. I'm talking carpets, drapes, everything.

Growing up Larry Csonka had a house in my neighborhood and I hung out with his kid from time to time, even he didn't have as much football shit in his house.

Adrenaline_6
09-22-23, 10:28

The same people when they are at home scream at their tv sets. It's seriously mental.

I don't have any of the expensive team merch or a dedicated room of memorablia, but I admit have yelled at the screen a few times watching something that was an obvious stupid play or stupid mistake. That's what sports fans do, taking it any farther like destroying property would be over the top. Any team gear I do have (cups, mugs, t-shirts,were gifts. I never have bought one item in my life. It's entertainment, like any other hobby. Some people think owning more than a couple guns or a couple hundred rounds of ammo is retarded too. They just don't know any better.

chuckman
09-22-23, 11:28

You can't say that. People like sports for all sorts of reasons, a distraction, entertainment. Who gives a shit if they want to lose themselves in cosplay, painting their face red and wearing a jersey, or spending thousands of dollars in guns and ammo?

Averageman
09-22-23, 11:37
At the end of the day, my guns provide safety.
Facepaint and jerseys, not so much.

jsbhike
09-22-23, 11:59
You can't say that. People like sports for all sorts of reasons, a distraction, entertainment. Who gives a shit if they want to lose themselves in cosplay, painting their face red and wearing a jersey, or spending thousands of dollars in guns and ammo?

Reminded me lol

https://youtu.be/ftUR6AFTNMA?si=RIT4N_PIvxpnGQdv

SteyrAUG
09-22-23, 17:55
I don't have any of the expensive team merch or a dedicated room of memorablia, but I admit have yelled at the screen a few times watching something that was an obvious stupid play or stupid mistake. That's what sports fans do, taking it any farther like destroying property would be over the top. Any team gear I do have (cups, mugs, t-shirts,were gifts. I never have bought one item in my life. It's entertainment, like any other hobby. Some people think owning more than a couple guns or a couple hundred rounds of ammo is retarded too. They just don't know any better.

Do you make noises of frustration or are you screaming at the players like they can actually hear you? Like you said it's about levels. When you make something about your entire life, you probably don't have a life. I am able to meet people and not bring up the fact that I own guns, I can go outside without wearing official HK gear. Hell I don't even TruSpec most of the time anymore.

SteyrAUG
09-22-23, 17:57

Sure, if it's not their entire life. That was my only point. But I'm sure you've met the kind of person I was talking about.

Adrenaline_6
09-25-23, 09:01
Do you make noises of frustration or are you screaming at the players like they can actually hear you? Like you said it's about levels. When you make something about your entire life, you probably don't have a life. I am able to meet people and not bring up the fact that I own guns, I can go outside without wearing official HK gear. Hell I don't even TruSpec most of the time anymore.

I got you. I get emotional at times. Sometimes more than I want to admit, but never destructive, and no, it is not my entire life. I don't have a dedicated room, no gun stickers on the vehicle, although I have pro 2A t-shirts that I wear from time to time....just not all the time. Not a Tru-spec guy either, more a Vertx or Viktos guy....lol. Only wear it when I'm in the field and that is few and far between.

Averageman
09-28-23, 15:00
These are parents wanting to fight the Ref's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y64HEhdoQ20

SteyrAUG
09-28-23, 18:18

And those were parents who were not raised correctly by their parents. Banning fans from games is absurd, those individuals should simply have been charged and prosecuted for assault.

jsbhike
09-28-23, 18:35

Unfortunately that has been a thing since the 80's or further back.

SteyrAUG
09-28-23, 21:10
Unfortunately that has been a thing since the 80's or further back.

So have all other forms of assault. Why they didn't get arrested is baffling.

Averageman
09-29-23, 05:27
I believe in the video, the Home Team is taking Blame for the Visitors assaults on the Refs.
Wrong colors to be a home Team.

Honestly these folks need a wake up call, not arresting and charging them with assault only makes this more palatable next time.