PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled/Rescheduled:Vickers Tactical - Pistolsmithing Course - Omaha, NE Fall 09

R.E.Schoening
01-04-09, 01:00
Vickers Tactical: 1911 Pistolsmith

What: 1911 Pistolsmith Course by Larry Vickers.

**From Vickers Tactical website: “This picks up where the armorers course leaves off and allows the student to build a complete custom 1911 from a box of oversize gunsmith fit parts; complete details of fitting an oversize match barrel, slide to frame fit, fitting and blending thumb and grip safeties, trigger job, complete blending of all components for a custom pistol are covered. In addition metal checkering is discussed and practiced on a limited scale. Recommended parts and sources are also covered. This is the complete package and is a great start to anyone wanting to do get into building custom 1911's”.

When: The September 2009 is cancelled and will be rescheduled for Feb 2010...watch for the announcement!

Where: Omaha, NE

Openings: Class is limited to 6 students

Tuition: 2375.00

**Students will be responsible for tuition, as well as the purchase of the slide/frame, all parts and the appropriate tools. In addition, prior to the course, you should have read, and be familiar with both of Jerry Kuhnhausen's books on the 1911.

**I have a complete list of parts and tools for those interested in attending. I have also attended Larry’s Pistolsmithing Course and am happy to help with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Rob

tysonf
03-17-09, 23:23
Hi there,
I am interested in this class. I have the books, but what is the tool list, frame, slide and small parts specified? I am trying to make it to this class. But I may be deployed; I'm waiting for some paperwork to be pushed then hopefully I'll be able to come. Otherwise I may get screwed out of it. But to be honest I'd rather be pulling a trigger downrange than in a shop. ;)

Larry Vickers
03-18-09, 08:00
Hit me with an email via my website and I will get you that info

thanx

LAV

R.E.Schoening
03-26-09, 06:51
I have had some questions come up about the class, if anyone has any specific questions that I might be able to answer shoot me an email, glad to help!

I've got the parts & tools lists available, as well as a list of local hotels.

Rob

R.E.Schoening
03-26-09, 07:22
A pic of my Caspian that I completed in Larry's fall '08 class.

I had it finished in matte black IonBond DLC...no pics of it yet as I haven't seen the finished product due to my current deployment.

Rob

http://www.fototime.com/BD072920CB87932/standard.jpg

R.E.Schoening
06-06-09, 15:13
A couple of quick pics of the finished product...
http://www.fototime.com/DE0CA3DDCD1A232/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/CE7166CB2463104/standard.jpg

Ttwwaack
06-25-09, 21:52
I'm in if the class isn't full yet. Been watching this for awhile since I was unable to swing the May class in OH that was cancelled.

If the tool/parts list are the same, I've got them. Is the class date firm for making flight reservations? Greg

R.E.Schoening
07-12-09, 20:45
Guys,
The class has been cancelled and is rescheduled for Feb 2010.

There will be a 1911 Operator's Course that is the weekend prior to the Pistolsmith Course.

Watch for a full announcement of both courses!!

Thanks,
Rob

NinjaMedic
07-14-09, 22:17
R.E. can you email me the tool/parts list?

ninjamedic2293@att.net

GIFFMANN
07-15-09, 21:37
Rob,
Give me a call sometime. We need to take our class pistols out and do some shooting!