PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Tippman M4-22?

C-grunt
09-23-23, 19:07
Ive been strongly considering a 22 AR to train my daughter on how to use the rifle. My original plan was the S&W M&P15-22 but Ive seen a lot of good reviews on this newer Tippman M4-22. The newer models will accept almost all parts for a regular AR minus the obvious like BCG, barrel, and recoil spring. It looks to be a better M4 in 22lr that the S&W. But I dont know anyone that has one. Anyone here have experience with one?

georgeib
09-23-23, 19:14
A buddy recently bought one. It's clearly much higher quality than the S&W. It was accurate and reliable in the time I had with it. I liked it enough to almost buy one after shooting it.

Ended up just buying more ammo instead, but I still think about getting one now and then. If a 22lr AR is in my future, I'm fairly sure it would be a Tippman.

ChattanoogaPhil
10-03-23, 14:14
I've had a 15-22 since they were first introduced, and a CMMG for several years. Shooting acquaintance has a Tippman. Controls, reliability and accuracy for all three is good enough for father/daughter training purposes. 15-22 weighs significantly less if that makes any difference for your daughter. Otherwise, the Tippman is the way to go if someone wants a rimfire as close as possible to an AR.

everready73
10-04-23, 08:12
Tippmann is the way to go IMO. In addition to parts comparability it has aluminum receivers unlike the M&P 15-22. I have the m4-22 elite and it has been very reliable. The mags are proprietary, but they are good quality with metal feed ramps and a sliding dust cover. Accuracy is better than my 10-22

I had a M&P 15-22 and it was a fun gun and reliable, but the Tippmann is better quality and i think makes for a better training rifle if that is what you are using it for.

jwfuhrman
10-04-23, 19:27
They are locally made for me and the quality is definitely much better than the S&W offering.

skipper49
10-05-23, 19:15
Extremely happy with mine. Great quality and a good company. Nice mags too.

Skip