PDA

View Full Version : Zev AR15 Core Duty

Rob96
10-14-23, 17:11
I did try the search function but nothing is coming up. Does anyone know about or have experience with this rifle? Currently on sale for $1049.00 but unsure if this price is for the Zev name or if it is a quality rifle.

5.56Geo
10-15-23, 08:28
I have experience with ZEV Glock slides but not with ZEV AR’s. However, I can tell you ZEV makes very good product. ZEV and Mega Arms, the old AR parts manufacturer joined forces and merged companies a few years back creating the ZEV line of AR’s. Mega Arms before the merger built solid AR components so I would expect nothing less from ZEV AR’s. ZEV branded AR’s are relatively new to the game. Perhaps why no replies as of yet to your inquiry here on this thread. I would say $1049 is not a killer deal based on the going prices of AR’s. I know ZEV makes a lot if their own parts in house but not sure how many AR parts. I hope this information helps you make a decision, best of luck!

Stopsign32v
10-15-23, 08:47
I did try the search function but nothing is coming up. Does anyone know about or have experience with this rifle? Currently on sale for $1049.00 but unsure if this price is for the Zev name or if it is a quality rifle.

I doubt it will do anything better than most other ARs

ChattanoogaPhil
10-15-23, 08:48
Is there anything listed as ZEV other than the muzzle device?

Stopsign32v
10-15-23, 08:56
Is there anything listed as ZEV other than the muzzle device?

Bro they have like 8 different roll marks on it. It's surely 100% built in house, due to that. :lol:

10-15-23, 09:53
I know nothing about their complete ARs, but their lowers have really nice magwells, and are high quality forged lowers; some of the best strippers available. They do have a shiny finish, though.

jackblack73
10-15-23, 16:32
I don't have any direct experience with Zev, but I would have no problem buying one of their rifles as far as quality goes (price is a different issue but you're getting it on sale). As was mentioned, they bought/merged with Mega. I have two Mega lowers. I bought them after doing a lot of research and reading numerous times that the machining is second to none. The anodizing is excellent also. It looks like the Core Duty rifles also come with wedge lock handguards, which are also highly regarded. Radian Talon safeties too. It seems clear to me that Zev makes quality stuff.

Rob96
10-16-23, 01:28
Thank you all.

Dutch110
10-16-23, 08:03
I used one of their receiver sets for a build. Like other have said, its Mega. So same company who makes the SOLGW receivers. In fact the only difference is the texture on the front of the magwell and the rollmark. Same fit and finish and same thermal fit upper. Zero complaints.