PDA

View Full Version : Florida January 2009 Gunshow thoughts

gogetal3
01-04-09, 20:00
Just thought I'd share with everyone.........Today being Sunday Jan 4, I went to the last day of the gun show here in beautiful central Florida. I was pretty disappointed to see the lack of products available. Not only that but all the quality products such as aimpoint, trijicon, surefire were nowhere to be seen. The response I seemed to keep coming across from everyone was....all the AR products went the first day. I couldn't find some of the products I've been researching. I did make out like a bandit with a sig .22 mosquito though. Thank you to spikes tactical for taking some time to answer a few questions. I did purchase one of their custom forgrips. Mounts rock solid, can't wait to test it out. I will be doing business with them again in the near future. I'm looking for others opinions on the shows in your area. You keep hearing about the panic buyers and shortages but it becomes really apparent when you witness it first hand as I did today.

R.P.
01-04-09, 20:36
I saw much of the same at a gun show in SC before Christmas.

RogerinTPA
01-04-09, 20:37
I think you'll find there is better research, shopping and price comparison on the internet. I went to 2 gun shows last year here on the west coast and they are pathetic and getting worse. I don't appreciate being lied to or BS'd by dealers that don't know what they're talking about. If I do go to another one, it will be out of sheer BOREDOM!

R.P.
01-04-09, 20:40
I think you'll find there is better research, shopping and price comparison on the internet. I went to 2 gun shows last year here on the west coast and they are pathetic and getting worse. I don't appreciate being lied to or BS'd by dealers that don't know what they're talking about. If I do go to another one, it will be out of sheer BOREDOM!

Agree.

gogetal3
01-04-09, 20:50
oh I agree as well. I've been comparing for quite sometime now and knew exactly what it was I was looking for. Trying to save some $$$ on shipping and see what deals they might offer me. But they need to have the product in stock to play.

gogetal3
01-04-09, 20:51
oh I agree as well. I've been comparing for quite sometime now through posts on this site and other reputable links, and knew exactly what it was I was looking for. Trying to save some $$$ on shipping and see what deals they might offer me. But they need to have the product in stock to play.

gogetal3
01-04-09, 20:52
database errors...........you think your post doesn't go through so duplicate posts

Mr.Goodtimes
01-04-09, 21:03
hey gogetal3, i bought an upper from spikes, they have excellent customer service. Im from the valrico area outside tampa, ross from spikes met me ftf so i could pick up my upper and save on shipping. great folks. ill be doing much more business with them.

BVickery
01-04-09, 21:48
The wife and I are heading to the one in Jacksonville next weekend. We are not holding our breath on great deals for guns, but as the addage goes "money talks" and if you do have a wad of cash sometimes people are willing to haggle over price (but not going to count on it).

Besides, the wife wants some more Jerky a guy had the time we went in August to pick up the stripped lowers from Anvil Arms, as well as get our Trust set up.

If anyone is planning to attend and want to do an informal meet and greet please PM me, maybe catch a cup of coffee or sandwich at one of the local shops.

RogerinTPA
01-05-09, 09:28
Besides, the wife wants some more Jerky a guy had the time we went

Jerky is about all that gun shows are good for these days. They should change the name to Military Surplus/Airsoft/Jerky & Knife Flea Market!.:p