PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm taking out my anti rotational pins...Question though on Geissele pins

Stopsign32v
10-22-23, 18:44
I never knew the trigger and hammer pins were designed to rotate. With that being said I've read a bit in the past few days on how anti rotating pins were not good for the trigger group.

So having a Geissele SD3G I think I want to go back to a normal set of pins. My question though is, is the Geissele triggers made to work on any GI trigger pin set or would it really be a better idea to go with Geissele trigger pins?

titsonritz
10-22-23, 21:56
FYI Bill G warns against using anti- rotation pins with his triggers

georgeib
10-23-23, 09:11
To answer your question OP, I imagine any 0.154 pins would work, but I've always used Geissele pins with Geissele triggers.

DoubleW
10-23-23, 09:45
Any mil spec pins will work. However, Geissele pins are machined .001 thicker for a tight fit & less slop & to fully engage the trigger & hammer hole. I in fact have a lower with an SD-C trigger using Colt pins because the G pins won’t fit due to Cerakote. Anti rotation pins are garbage and belong in the trash. An in spec properly assembled lower will never require them.

Duffy
10-23-23, 10:09
Chad at SOTAR had written about these anti walk pins extensively: https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/anti-walkanti-rotation-pins.html

Hammer_Man
10-23-23, 12:28
Go with the Geissele trigger pins. You can order them straight from the Geissele website, and they aren’t that expensive.

HKGuns
10-23-23, 12:38
To answer your question OP, I imagine any 0.154 pins would work, but I've always used Geissele pins with Geissele triggers.

This is where I am on this topic as well. I am also of the opinion they are not needed and can cause more harm than good.

DaBigBR
10-23-23, 19:24
Anti-rotation pins are intended to prevent the theoretical boring out of pin holes in really expensive transferrable machine guns. I understand the theory behind them but I'm not sure how many occurrences of this happening there ever have been. For everybody else they're a relic of the good idea fairy circa 2005.

Stopsign32v
10-23-23, 20:29
Go with the Geissele trigger pins. You can order them straight from the Geissele website, and they aren’t that expensive.

Got them for 100% free. Just called and explained my situation, was kind, and they are sending me some today free of charge.

Only triggers I care to run!

Disciple
10-23-23, 20:35
For everybody else they're a relic of the good idea fairy circa 2005.

Useful for some cassette triggers, no?

Stopsign32v
10-23-23, 20:38

I did read this. True or not I don't know but in theory I'd say yes only in this situation.

titsonritz
10-23-23, 20:42
Which I also avoid.

HKGuns
10-23-23, 20:52
Which I also avoid.

Correct again. +1 is too short so I need to add some drivel ahead and behind.

hotrodder636
10-24-23, 08:43
Chad at SOTAR had written about these anti walk pins extensively: https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/anti-walkanti-rotation-pins.html

I had originally put some in my SBR lowers until I read from Chad about them being unnecessary. Based on the number of guns that have gone through his hands, including MGs, if he feels they are unnecessary I will tend to agree. Went back to regular pins/

Hammer_Man
10-24-23, 10:43
Got them for 100% free. Just called and explained my situation, was kind, and they are sending me some today free of charge.

Only triggers I care to run!

That’s good to hear! Geissele customer service has been consistently good to me too.