PDA

View Full Version : Help me narrow down which rifle to purchase (DD/BCM/Colt)

AdalinesDad
10-27-23, 14:39
I am finally considering purchasing a higher end rifle and I have narrowed it down to the following rifles (I have previously owned a 6920). I am looking for a nice rifle with features I can live with out of the box so I don’t have to tinker with it and get to training and purchasing other things I need such as a Blue Alpha belt, pouches, etc…. Primary use will be home/property defense, training and SHTF.

The rifles I am considering in order of increasing cost are as follows:

* Colt 6940 Monolithic
* BCM BFH Mk2
* Colt M5 Sentry
* DD V7 Pro Rattlecan
* DD M4A1 RIII

I appreciate the help and reasoning this out.

5.56Geo
10-27-23, 15:40
They would all serve you well. I would choose one on lighter side. As they say ounces turn into pounds, pounds into pain. My thoughts…

grizzman
10-27-23, 16:41

* Colt 6940 Monolithic - A stupid government profile barrel, short handguard, and questionable benefit from the mono upper.
* BCM BFH Mk2 - A broad selection of options, and likely the most reasonable option.
* Colt M5 Sentry - Ya wanna be different? Basically nobody here is talking bout it......and that's not a good sign.
* DD V7 Pro Rattlecan - A solid rifle, buy why the 18" barrel for a general purpose rifle?
* DD M4A1 RIII - Another solid rifle. If you need/desire ambi controls, then this is the correct choice among this group. If not, then why is this on the list?

Any of these would work fine for home defense. The only one I'd choose from this list is the BCM.

A Centurion Lightweight CM4, at $1435 would be my first choice.

If a midweight barrel is preferred (not my ideal for a general purpose carbine), either the Sionics Patrol Rifle Three with NP3 BCG and their 2-stage trigger or Centurion's CM4 with CHF barrel, at $1,475 would find its way into my shopping cart.

hotrodder636
10-27-23, 16:49
Any of these would serve your well for HD. Personally I would be between the BCM and the DD M4A1, leaning heavier towards the DD due to the ambi controls.

GH41
10-27-23, 17:21
BCM or DD. Colt isn't what it used to be IMO.

kyjd75
10-27-23, 18:09
None of the above. Take a look at Centurion Arms for what you want.

pag23
10-27-23, 20:39
Give Sionics a look...prices are fair and 1/8 twist barrel...

10-27-23, 21:47
Although they are all good choices, I would go for one of the DD rifles.

Defaultmp3
10-28-23, 02:03
The DD M4A1 if you're going to do strictly out the box and change out nothing (besides maybe the grip and stock), cost no object. It come with full ambi, has the shortest barrel, and a CHF barrel. It seems that the Colt M5 unfortunately only has a right side bolt release, and not a bolt lock, which I think is the far more useful control to have.

If you have no use for ambi controls, the BCM is what I would go with, since they can also be had in a 14.5". It has a reinforced upper receiver, and also a CHF barrel.

The V7 Pro has an 18" barrel, which I think is more of a detriment for home defense, as the extended barrel would make it somewhat more difficult to do CQB and the extended effective range envelop is wasted.

The Colts lack a CHF barrel and are carbine gas systems. The 6940 also has a rather short handguard for my taste, though for others it might actually be a pro rather than a con.

Besides the V7 Pro, I think they're all perfectly fine choices to pick, and the V7 Pro isn't a terrible choice either, I just think the 18" barrel is too long for a gun that'll be used for home defense when shorter options are on the table, though it's certainly something that can be trained on if needed.

SteyrAUG
10-28-23, 03:00
I would look at a Colt Enhanced with the much lighter Centurion Arms rails over that 6940 monolithic.

Huge difference.

AdalinesDad
10-28-23, 11:41
Thanks for the replies, went with the DDM4A1 RIII because of the great sale price ($1850), quality barrel and handguard, ambi features (wife is a lefty) and rebate for free Sparc Solar to get me started until I figure out what optic setup I'd like to finalize on.

Stopsign32v
10-28-23, 16:42
Any of these would work fine for home defense. The only one I'd choose from this list is the BCM.

A BCM over a Colt and DD...WOooOoooOOOw :bad:

RUTGERS95
10-28-23, 19:20
Thanks for the replies, went with the DDM4A1 RIII because of the great sale price ($1850), quality barrel and handguard, ambi features (wife is a lefty) and rebate for free Sparc Solar to get me started until I figure out what optic setup I'd like to finalize on.

so you supported a company that wants to restrict your 2A rights. brilliant and overpriced to boot, should have bought the CM4 and supported Americans

davidjinks
10-28-23, 20:48
I would also include in your list, the Colt SOCOM. Add an optic and you’re done.

Out of those you listed in order of my preference; Colt LE6940, Daniel Defense RIS III.

I am finally considering purchasing a higher end rifle and I have narrowed it down to the following rifles (I have previously owned a 6920). I am looking for a nice rifle with features I can live with out of the box so I don’t have to tinker with it and get to training and purchasing other things I need such as a Blue Alpha belt, pouches, etc…. Primary use will be home/property defense, training and SHTF.

* Colt 6940 Monolithic
* BCM BFH Mk2
* Colt M5 Sentry
* DD V7 Pro Rattlecan
* DD M4A1 RIII

grizzman
10-28-23, 21:08
A BCM over a Colt and DD...WOooOoooOOOw :bad:

A BCM over the originally selected Colts.

An OEM1 with Centurion handguard, or 6960 upper (very recently on sale for a good price, paired with any number of lowers), or a Trooper would be my preference over a BCM.

For the right price, I’d choose a DD over BCM, but not the DDs originally selected.

SteyrAUG
10-28-23, 22:52
so you supported a company that wants to restrict your 2A rights. brilliant and overpriced to boot, should have bought the CM4 and supported Americans

Let me guess, DD is anti gun because they expressed regret over the Parkland shootings?

HKGuns
10-29-23, 09:26
Let me guess, DD is anti gun because they expressed regret over the Parkland shootings?

Of course, they are no longer pure and must be driven out, driven out like all impurities. We shall have only perfect organisms in this collective.

At least it seems people have gotten over Colt's and S&W's transgressions and they managed to survive the purge.

AdalinesDad
10-29-23, 09:44

Best features and fit and finish for the money. Amib features for my wife, plus the right side bolt lockback is fantastic. Barrel will outlive me. Nice rail that holds zero and is bomb proof, midlength gas with pinned gas block, and who cares what it costs was a birthday present from the wife.

HKGuns
10-29-23, 09:56

You did too, otherwise you'd be sitting nekid, in a card board box, under a freeway in Commie-Cisco, waiting for the next free meal from the people who hate you.

RUTGERS95
10-29-23, 13:25
You did too, otherwise you'd be sitting nekid, in a card board box, under a freeway in Commie-Cisco, waiting for the next free meal from the people who hate you.

are you high? Centurion Arms doesn't support gun control. DD went full retard and publicly stated they are for universal background checks. I don't buy shit from any company that does
I don't like Ruger, I don't like DD, I don't like Ranier, I don't like companies go woke and publicly call for a restricting of our rights.

Troy could burn up and I'd laugh............

SteyrAUG
10-29-23, 14:57
are you high? Centurion Arms doesn't support gun control. DD went full retard and publicly stated they are for universal background checks. I don't buy shit from any company that does
I don't like Ruger, I don't like DD, I don't like Ranier, I don't like companies go woke and publicly call for a restricting of our rights.

Troy could burn up and I'd laugh............

I saw DD promoting the Fix NICs legislation, I couldn't find anything where they supported UBCs.

AdalinesDad
10-29-23, 15:31
I don’t know the background I’d these companies I haven’t got time for that. I am just concerned with purchasing the best tools I can for my money and that’s all this is, a life saving tool. I am in the process of moving to the gulf coast and when I get there I will be starting a sbr project for a bcm lower and a 11.5” upper so I don’t care about a companies background I just want a quality piece. I’m convinced all companies hate us anyways. Only thing I care about is my daughter, wife and their safety. This particular model seemed like the most rugged rifle I could afford and was in stock. I looked at KAC but the proprietary parts worries me some. I was trying to purchase something that will last me the longest because I don’t know if any other AWB is coming down the pipe if not with this rogue administration seeming to be able to do whatever the hell they want.

SteyrAUG
10-29-23, 17:03
I don’t know the background I’d these companies I haven’t got time for that. I am just concerned with purchasing the best tools I can for my money and that’s all this is, a life saving tool. I am in the process of moving to the gulf coast and when I get there I will be starting a sbr project for a bcm lower and a 11.5” upper so I don’t care about a companies background I just want a quality piece. I’m convinced all companies hate us anyways. Only thing I care about is my daughter, wife and their safety. This particular model seemed like the most rugged rifle I could afford and was in stock. I looked at KAC but the proprietary parts worries me some. I was trying to purchase something that will last me the longest because I don’t know if any other AWB is coming down the pipe if not with this rogue administration seeming to be able to do whatever the hell they want.

Don't let these guys rattle you enough that you feel you have to defend your purchase.

You asked for advice, got advice and made a purchase accordingly. Unlike 90% of firearm owners, you actually did some research vs picking the one you use on your favorite video game.

The only thing I'd add is making sure you grab a dozen P mags while they are currently plentiful and affordable. AW bans have a way of turning $10 mags into $100 mags.

Uncas47
10-30-23, 10:01
It's amusing to listen to some hate for DD from the same guys who defend their chi com optics. Enjoy your new gun, and you need to come up with something really nice for your wife bday!!

ruckusjuice
10-30-23, 10:09
Sounds like you went with a really solid choice. You’ll enjoy it. My first AR was a DDM4v5. I ended up selling it to one of my brother’s friends but it would have served me just fine as my only rifle had I chosen to keep it.

AdalinesDad
10-30-23, 14:27
Well I guess I have time to second guess because they backordered on me and gave me the option to cancel which I took. So I either need to find another dealer with similar price or look at other options. I’m not waiting around with this administration to get a solid rifle.

grizzman
10-30-23, 14:44
Since your wife is left-handed and presumed to shoot that way, an ambi lower receiver is certainly beneficial.

There are other ambi-lowers available besides DD, in case this model isn’t available.

hotrodder636
10-30-23, 15:40
This would be a solid option as well.

https://danieldefense.com/dd4-riii.html

ChrisM516
10-30-23, 16:45
Don't worry about the low info voters. Any of those are good choices, but I'm already biased because I have a DDM4 V7 with the lightweight barrel. I went back and forth between Magpul and stock DD furniture and settled with the stock furniture. All-around excellent rifles and the customer service is absolutely worth the price. I sent mine in for some minor work and got it back in two weeks...over the Christmas and New Year's holidays!

DoubleW
10-30-23, 16:58
I have one of the Colt FBI rifles with the G Mk4 rail and it has been an excellent rifle. I installed a SD-C trigger and topped with an NX8 and it’s one of my favorite guns. I also have a Centurion Upper on a G lower and I’m completely satisfied with that. Centurion makes one of the best uppers in the game currently at a very fair price.

ruckusjuice
10-30-23, 17:03
If you’re back to shopping around, and you were already considering a BCM rifle, I recommend buying one of the BCM Mk2 uppers with the ELW hammer forged barrel, whether 16” or 14.5”. BCM is still running the promotion where they’ll give you a free BCG with the purchase of any upper. Then grab a complete BCM lower and stick them together. Primary Arms is running a sale on all BCM products until tomorrow night. Last I checked they still had a bunch of complete lowers available.

CrowCommand
10-30-23, 17:17
Sounds like OP wants ambi controls, if anyone can read.

I’ve read LMT has a good ambi lower, saw an ADM rig at a 2 gun match the other day that was interesting, though not really something you hear a lot about.

Thread has me thinking I should grab another lower….

grizzman
10-30-23, 18:27
LMT's MARS-L 556 should be considered by default any time an ambi rifle is needed. The only brand that I'm aware of that's been making an ambi lower longer is KAC. They're not inexpensive, but their dealer search feature allowed me to find one apparently in stock within a minute.

ADM is a recent addition to the ambi lower segment, and also to making rifles. If they're as high quality as their mounts, then there's nothing to worry about. There seems to be a 6 to 8 week lead time direct from ADM, so it's likely that they'll be available immediately from dealers.

I'm sure there are more ambi rifles on the market, but I'm not aware of them.

Hammer_Man
10-31-23, 13:41
For about the price of a DD or other high end guns, you could outfit a Colt OEM with an Aimpoint T2.

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-le6920-oem-rifle---no-furniture/

https://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-ras-m-4-carbine-rail-adapter-system-with-three-11-rib-panels/

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022858762?pid=481291

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021692037?pid=573141
or
https://www.primaryarms.com/b5-systems-sopmod-stock-gen-1-mil-spec-black

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2252193757?pid=193757

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1393551297?pid=779503

I know it’s all down to preference, but I’d rather have a fully kitted out Colt than a “high end” rifle without any goodies. You could even trim some of the fat by choosing an Aimpoint PRO instead of the T2, and choosing a cheaper vert grip (or not use one at all).

Hammer_Man
10-31-23, 13:43
Double post

Stopsign32v
10-31-23, 14:17
https://armsunlimited.com/colt-le6920-oem-rifle---no-furniture/

Lord I wish I had some spare change laying around

Hammer_Man
10-31-23, 15:10
Lord I wish I had some spare change laying around

You and me both buddy. I’d buy two if I could!

Uncas47
10-31-23, 16:14
Ambi's not that difficult or expensive to achieve on any lower if ya gotta have it, and charging handles would fill a wheelbarrow.

AdalinesDad
11-01-23, 16:29
What about the LWRC DI?

kirkland
11-02-23, 06:35
What about the LWRC DI?

That's a really nice ambi system. I haven't owned an LWRC, but I always kind of wanted one just for that ambi lower. There's at least one member on here who hates LWRC and might pop in this thread and tell you they're trash, but from what I've seen they're solid rifles.

Uncas47
11-02-23, 09:09
Buy a gun, post pictures, I like to look at pictures.

Hank6046
11-02-23, 10:51
ADM is a recent addition to the ambi lower segment, and also to making rifles. If they're as high quality as their mounts, then there's nothing to worry about. There seems to be a 6 to 8 week lead time direct from ADM, so it's likely that they'll be available immediately from dealers.

I have 2 of these, they're great, probably 3 classes with my main ADM complete ambi lower.
The only complaint is every once in a while they don't do a last round hold open on the bolt with mags that start the feed on the right side (follower with the bump or hump on the left side) like the Tango Down mags, but 95% of what is on the market has the magpul anti-tilt followers.

indianalex01
11-03-23, 23:22

Yea right…. No explanation, just BS

indianalex01
11-03-23, 23:23

BCM never was… all they are is a parts gun. DD all the way. Different level the BCM. BCM is so far behind that they can’t even use an ambie lower like LWRC, DD, Colt, LMT, Sig or KAC..

AdalinesDad
11-04-23, 09:58
Reordered the DD M4A1 RIII from a different dealer waiting on shipment.

RUTGERS95
11-04-23, 10:34
BCM never was… all they are is a parts gun. DD all the way. Different level the BCM. BCM is so far behind that they can’t even use an ambie lower like LWRC, DD, Colt, LMT, Sig or KAC..

BCM billed themselves as 'colt like' so it's comical when people are uppity with respect to them. I put them in the same class as Colt

I think if you are not buying LMT/KAC then the next step down is Centurion Arms and below that is Colt/BCM

anything else is just pissing in the wind imho

DoubleW
11-04-23, 10:42
Internet arguing over rifles has gotten so bad that if the company didn’t go out and mine the ****ing ore themselves It’s NoT GoOd EnOuGh. Colt, BCM, FN, Centurion, Geissele, KAC, LMT, DD, Radian, they’re all just fine and will all likely outlive everyone who’s shooting them. Pick one you like, buy some ammo and enjoy.

hotrodder636
11-04-23, 11:22
Reordered the DD M4A1 RIII from a different dealer waiting on shipment.

Good choice.

Hammer_Man
11-04-23, 11:23
Internet arguing over rifles has gotten so bad that if the company didn’t go out and mine the ****ing ore themselves It’s NoT GoOd EnOuGh. Colt, BCM, FN, Centurion, Geissele, KAC, LMT, DD, Radian, they’re all just fine and will all likely outlive everyone who’s shooting them. Pick one you like, buy some ammo and enjoy.

Internet arguing over rifles is the lifeblood of this forum. Without it, this place would be a ghost town.

hotrodder636
11-04-23, 11:24
Internet arguing over rifles is the lifeblood of this forum. Without it, this place would be a ghost town.

Didn't use to be as much like that. There was a lot of technical discussion that surrounded any arguments of sort.

DoubleW
11-04-23, 12:37
I’m referring to the pointless bashing and nonsense like “Colt isn’t what it used to be” or “BCM this that and the other blah blah blah”. All without basis, evidence or firsthand experience. If I post something on here it’s because I own it, shoot it regularly and have firsthand experience with it. A lot of stuff on here recently is hearsay.

Hammer_Man
11-04-23, 12:51
I’m referring to the pointless bashing and nonsense like “Colt isn’t what it used to be” or “BCM this that and the other blah blah blah”. All without basis, evidence or firsthand experience. If I post something on here it’s because I own it, shoot it regularly and have firsthand experience with it. A lot of stuff on here recently is hearsay.

It’s ridiculous, and I agree that it’s baseless for the most part. However, the technical nature of this forum has all but disappeared in the last few years, especially after the exodus of the SMEs that used to post on the regular. Too many internet commandos operating from Ft. Sofa nowadays.

Uncas47
11-04-23, 13:56
Great thread, and OP still ain't got a gun, LOL

fedupflyer
11-04-23, 15:20

Are you really surprised?
How many more pages will this thread run?
Meanwhile once the OP finally plunks down the $$s, I bet it will become a closet/safe queen after a few hundred rnds.

indianalex01
11-04-23, 15:25

Bingo! I’ve been saying that for a long time. So many have never owned the ones they put down. Its all to justify their purchase. I own DD, KAC, LMT, Sig, Colt and BCM. I have fired many rounds through them all. This over many years. From my experience, BCM has had accuracy issues and I can attest to this by owning 2 of them. BCM specifically told me they don’t have an accuracy standard. BCM would not take them back nor replace. It couldn’t hold 5 inches with FGMM 69, 77gn. I shot a 2nd one that he accuracy issues also. Never again.

kirkland
11-04-23, 15:28

Pretty sure OP said he ordered another DD from another dealer a page or two back.

kirkland
11-04-23, 15:35
Bingo! I’ve been saying that for a long time. So many have never owned the ones they put down. Its all to justify their purchase. I own DD, KAC, LMT, Sig, Colt and BCM. I have fired many rounds through them all. This over many years. From my experience, BCM has had accuracy issues and I can attest to this by owning 2 of them. BCM specifically told me they don’t have an accuracy standard. BCM would not take them back nor replace. It couldn’t hold 5 inches with FGMM 69, 77gn. I shot a 2nd one that he accuracy issues also. Never again.

That's interesting, I've read reports of bad accuracy with BCM but mine holds 1.5 moa with 77SMK and that's with a 16" chrome lined pencil barrel. It's from around 2014 though, maybe there was a bad batch of barrels at one point in time? It's a factory built upper from BCM that I installed on a lower I built myself and I've never had any problems with it, well gassed, reliable, accurate. I don’t have nearly as many rounds through it as I do my Colt though. I've just never understood the BCM bashing unless their quality went down the tubes at some point after I purchased mine.

kirkland
11-04-23, 15:43

Nevermind. I thought the OP stated something but I must have read it in a different thread. But yeah, I agree 100% with this quote.

fedupflyer
11-04-23, 15:53
. I own DD, KAC, LMT, Sig, Colt and BCM. I have fired many rounds through them all. This over many years. From my experience, BCM has had accuracy issues and I can attest to this by owning 2 of them. BCM specifically told me they don’t have an accuracy standard.

Based on your experience, do you think a KAC is worth the extra money?? (accuracy wise)

Uncas47
11-04-23, 16:50
Choosing a gun off this, or any other forum is a fools errand. If you're too timid to plop down some cash without validation you're wasting bandwidth. Buy a gun and come back with how it ejects on the pie chart with whatever ammo ya got, then we can have a real discussion about buffers and REs and springs, and all that bullshit. Without a gun you ain't got shit.

Hank6046
11-04-23, 22:32
I've just never understood the BCM bashing unless their quality went down the tubes at some point after I purchased mine.

I don't think it has, I still have 2 BCM uppers (16" BFH ELW and a 20" M16A4 clone upper) that are just over 1 MOA with 69gr Fed Gld Medal Match, and mine are from 2015 and 2017 respectively. I would recommend BCM over 90% of the market, and I often think that people get hung up on the latest and greatest vs what continually preforms, myself included. With all that said, I've had issues with ADM, DD, PWS, PSA, and others and realize when you put out thousands of products you will see issues because it's more of a bell curve in manufacturing then people realize.

SteyrAUG
11-05-23, 00:42
It’s ridiculous, and I agree that it’s baseless for the most part. However, the technical nature of this forum has all but disappeared in the last few years, especially after the exodus of the SMEs that used to post on the regular. Too many internet commandos operating from Ft. Sofa nowadays.

Unfortunately true. But what is really scary is the other forums are even worse.

But name a brand, ANY brand and I can find you haters. It's edgy to hate, especially is something is popular or well regarded.

It's basically somebody declaring that what they have is even better because they are more informed than anyone. I have my hand crafed, billet forged AR with magic parts because Colt, HK, DD, Bushmaster and Knights just f'ing suck.

indianalex01
11-05-23, 01:12
Based on your experience, do you think a KAC is worth the extra money?? (accuracy wise)

I would say no but they are top notch. They definitely are not worse. Is it worth 2x???? For me yes. BCM had been the worst based of all of them from my experience with 2 uppers and their customer service. The most overrated of all of the weapons mentions. BCM is pretty much a parts disturber. They haven’t even cum out with an ambie lower. How far behind can you be….

AdalinesDad
11-05-23, 02:47
Got my tracking number tonight now to order all the accessories .

AdalinesDad
11-05-23, 07:17
Are you really surprised?
How many more pages will this thread run?
Meanwhile once the OP finally plunks down the $$s, I bet it will become a closet/safe queen after a few hundred rnds.

Way to assume, why don’t you talk more out of your ass and show all of us your true character.

DoubleW
11-05-23, 08:20
What optic are you thinking? If it’s staying in the house, I’d say get a SF scout light and your favorite flavor of red dot.

Uncas47
11-05-23, 08:41
Congratulations, I hope you're pleased with your choice.

hotrodder636
11-05-23, 09:05

What are you looking to get? I presume an optic and a light--what are you thinking for those? What else?

fedupflyer
11-05-23, 12:40
I would say no but they are top notch. They definitely are not worse. Is it worth 2x???? For me yes. BCM had been the worst based of all of them from my experience with 2 uppers and their customer service. The most overrated of all of the weapons mentions. BCM is pretty much a parts disturber. They haven’t even cum out with an ambie lower. How far behind can you be….

That is unfortunate that you have had bad results from BCM. I have more than one of their uppers and I have zero complaints. One I use only for classes and I don't know how many thousands of rnds I have though it and it just continues to work with zero malfunctions. As far as accuracy goes, using FGM 77g , it hovers right around MOA/sub MOA. With handloads, even tighter. does BCM make the best barrels? No. There is stuff that will print tighter groups but you will pay as much for those barrels as you pay for a complete BCM upper.

As for a general purpose rifle, I have no qualms about recommending a BCM ELW 14.5 or 16 to 80%-90% to the folks out there.

AdalinesDad
11-08-23, 16:37
Picked it up today, also purchased 20 Okay Surefeed grey magazines as they are getting harder to find. Looking at a FDE Nightforce NX-8 for weight savings or possibly a Vortex 1-10 or a EXPS3 and a magnifier but not sure which route to go. Surefire closed tine Warcomp is on it way to me right now from Battlehawk Armory and will be sent to D Wilson when it arrives to get swapped out.

Few things, the safety was mega tight, took it apart and lubed and I swear the detent wasn’t in the groove from the factory, but who knows. Working it in now getting easier to manipulate. The ambi bolt release same way, very stiff will break in with time like the front pivot pin. Other than that nice rifle, trying to figure out what the threaded hole on T36 is, I’m assuming a grenade sight or something but I’ll send an email to DD to figure it out. Also sling shopping tonight.

DoubleW
11-08-23, 16:42
Picked it up today, also purchased 20 Okay Surefeed grey magazines as they are getting harder to find. Looking at a FDE Nightforce NX-8 for weight savings or possibly a Vortex 1-10 or a EXPS3 and a magnifier but not sure which route to go. Surefire closed tine Warcomp is on it way to me right now from Battlehawk Armory and will be sent to D Wilson when it arrives to get swapped out.

Few things, the safety was mega tight, took it apart and lubed and I swear the detent wasn’t in the groove from the factory, but who knows. Working it in now getting easier to manipulate. The ambi bolt release same way, very stiff will break in with time like the front pivot pin. Other than that nice rifle, trying to figure out what the threaded hole on T36 is, I’m assuming a grenade sight or something but I’ll send an email to DD to figure it out. Also sling shopping tonight.

Where did you find SF mags? Those have been gone for a bit now. At your LGS?

AdalinesDad
11-08-23, 17:24
Where did you find SF mags? Those have been gone for a bit now. At your LGS?

Yea cleared them out. Found some 20s as well. Paid $15 each.

DoubleW
11-09-23, 08:05
As far as optics, I’d go NX8 with capped turrets. I love mine. Eye box/relief are a little tight compared to others, but weight, size, glass and day bright illumination are top of its class. Apparently on Euro optic you can find them well below retail.

Hammer_Man
11-09-23, 10:50

If you plan to run a suppressor, you may want to avoid the Warcomp. I read that they can leak gas and cause your suppressor to seize up. I haven't run a Warcomp long enough to find out, so take that as you will. I’m not trying to troll or insult your choice in muzzle device.

Defaultmp3
11-09-23, 11:15
If you plan to run a suppressor, you may want to avoid the Warcomp. I read that they can leak gas and cause your suppressor to seize up. I haven't run a Warcomp long enough to find out, so take that as you will. I’m not trying to troll or insult your choice in muzzle device.The lack of labyrinth seals makes the carbon locking occur faster; even the muzzle devices with the labyrinth seals can get carbon locked, it simply takes longer. The gas leakage does contribute to less effective suppression with a can. I have also heard of folks having issues with the Warcomp negatively affecting accuracy somewhat, along with the added concussion for indoor shooting, even if it isn't as egregious as the brake indoors.

Uncas47
11-09-23, 11:37
Yea cleared them out. Found some 20s as well. Paid $15 each.
Great find, well done!!

AdalinesDad
11-09-23, 13:19
This is going to be a home based carbine so it’s just going to be in an accessible location for my wife and myself to use in shtf etc. I am looking at a BCM 11.5 and doing a SBR on a BCM lower. Hopefully we get braces back again because I’d like an identical BCM setup as a pistol for a truck gun.