PDA

View Full Version : If you need a bayonet to accessorize your Springfield Hellion...

Slater
10-29-23, 11:47
Seems a little steep. If it "fits NATO pattern rifles" does that mean that the Hellion will accept a US M7 or M9 bayonet?

https://store.springfield-armory.com/waffentechnik-model-b2k-7-3-bayonet-fits-nato-pattern-rifles/

hotbiggun42
10-29-23, 19:37
First ive heard of the hellion. Looks cool

Alpha-17
10-30-23, 08:22
Cool. Bayonets might be a bit behind the times, but does "stabbing something with your rifle" ever really go out of style?

SeriousStudent
10-30-23, 22:06
Cool. Bayonets might be a bit behind the times, but does "stabbing something with your rifle" ever really go out of style?

Nope, never ever ever go out of style. I have a Winchester 1897 riot gun, with a bayonet. It's my family's favorite war crimes stick. I'm taking it to a SYM-TAC (Rob and Matt Haught) Shotgun class next year, just because Rob and Matt are buddies and want to blast things with it.

I need a doughboy helmet to go with it, I think......

SteyrAUG
10-30-23, 22:23
Nope, never ever ever go out of style. I have a Winchester 1897 riot gun, with a bayonet. It's my family's favorite war crimes stick. I'm taking it to a SYM-TAC (Rob and Matt Haught) Shotgun class next year, just because Rob and Matt are buddies and want to blast things with it.

I need a doughboy helmet to go with it, I think......

Same here, love those old sword bayonets. I also have a Remington 1917 Enfield which uses the same bayo.

Just an FYI, if your 97 has a bayo lug, it's likely a trench gun and not a riot gun and trench guns are worth quite a bit more.

SeriousStudent
10-31-23, 08:41
Yup, it is a trench gun, thanks for the info as always.

I would like to hunt down one of the Winchester Model 12 military ones. I have a Remington 11 Ordinance Corp gun from WW2 as well.

SteyrAUG
11-01-23, 00:57
Yup, it is a trench gun, thanks for the info as always.

I would like to hunt down one of the Winchester Model 12 military ones. I have a Remington 11 Ordinance Corp gun from WW2 as well.

Trench guns of all varieties are some of the most expensive shotties out there. Even the Ithaca 37s aren't for those with a faint heart when it comes to gun prices.

Slater
11-01-23, 20:05
My Ithaca 37 trench (Inland Manufacturing). Bought it new around six years ago and have yet to fire it. Have a Vietnam-era M1917 bayonet to go with it.

https://i.imgur.com/I3bseeK.jpg