PDA

View Full Version : LMT

Uncas47
11-04-23, 17:08
Just ordered a stripped Defender lower, and a pile of Colt innards from SA. I ended up with an extra upper from Ken, so I'll cobble this up and throw on an overpriced Comp m4, and see where it ejects, lol. Besides a couple REs and Sopmod stocks, this is my first dunk in the LMT KoolAid sooo here goes.

Stickman
11-05-23, 14:36
LMT makes VERY nice hardware, I think you might have just started yourself an addiction of the highest order.

BillBond
11-05-23, 19:10
....... I ended up with an extra upper from Ken......

An extra upper for free ?

Uncas47
11-05-23, 20:11
An extra upper for free ?

Yeah right, I recently built a Colt SOCOM upper and it's on the Colt lower the SA upper was on soooo, here comes a new lower. Ain't nothin free bro.

RUTGERS95
11-05-23, 20:27
funny how those spare parts grow into rifles

Uncas47
11-11-23, 18:44
Got the lower yesterday, installed what I had, waiting on the rest of the innards. So far it appears to be in spec and high quality. I wasn't really lookin to add another gun at this point in my life, but whatever.

Stopsign32v
11-11-23, 18:45
I wish they would go back to their old roll mark

AndyLate
11-12-23, 00:20
I picked up a 14.5 SPM upper with LMT FA BCG and Troy DI quad rail on the EE here, bought a Defender 2000 lower w/waffle stock, and pinned them together into a quasi-M4 a few years ago. With an AP Pro, A2 PG, MaTech BUIS, and KAC rail cover + broomhandle, it looks the part.

Giselle trigger and H2 buffer round it out nicely.

We fired it today along with a 1903 and M1 to commemorate Veteran's Day. It's a sweet shooter!

Andy

P.S. Mine is the old roll mark, Milan IL.

kyjd75
11-12-23, 06:15
I wish they would go back to their old roll mark

But their new roll mark is the mark of "freedom" from Illinois tyranny.

Uncas47
11-12-23, 10:42
I picked up a 14.5 SPM upper with LMT FA BCG and Troy DI quad rail on the EE here, bought a Defender 2000 lower w/waffle stock, and pinned them together into a quasi-M4 a few years ago. With an AP Pro, A2 PG, MaTech BUIS, and KAC rail cover + broomhandle, it looks the part.

Giselle trigger and H2 buffer round it out nicely.

We fired it today along with a 1903 and M1 to commemorate Veteran's Day. It's a sweet shooter!

Andy

P.S. Mine is the old roll mark, Milan IL.
Nice one Andy! LMT waffles are best waffles, my new lower will get one.

Stopsign32v
11-12-23, 10:50
Nice one Andy! LMT waffles are best waffles, my new lower will get one.

What's the draw to waffle stocks?

Uncas47
11-12-23, 13:18
I just prefer them, they work well for me. I'm a sucker for SOPMOD stocks also, so one or the other depending on the phase of the moon.

CrowCommand
11-12-23, 15:01

They taste good with maple syrup

AndyLate
11-12-23, 18:06

In my case, it was simply because I wanted a M4 "clone".

Andy

Uncas47
11-21-23, 21:42
The Colt parts I needed to finish up came today from SA so I got the lower all done this evening. Everything fit like it was a Colt lower so it was an easy job. The FCG is not gonna cut it in this one, so I'll put an SSA back in the gun with the LPVO and put that Colt Trigger in this lower and live happily ever after. I probably won't get to the range till next week, we've got company in and out all weekend. I hope ya'll have a great Thanksgiving holiday, our greatest blessings often go unnoticed.

Pappabear
11-21-23, 22:46
I have a hefty LMT koolaid issue. I have had pretty good luck with LMT, and consider it among the best in the market.

PB

Uncas47
11-22-23, 10:48
I have a hefty LMT koolaid issue. I have had pretty good luck with LMT, and consider it among the best in the market.

PB
Koolaid should probably be a regulated beverage, for our own protection of course.