PDA

View Full Version : The P10C is the best pistol for the money period

Stopsign32v
11-05-23, 18:17
Change my mind if you disagree

The recoil management it has along with a change to a $65 HBi trigger...Man this thing is impossible to better at the current price they are selling at.

They sit so deep in your grip and for me with the M backstrap every single time I throw it up the sights seem to automatically line up. Can't wait to mill the slide for a RMR.

I much prefer my Shadow MR920 Elite but for the money currently these things are selling for new...BUY ONE!

https://i0.wp.com/culperprecision.com/wp-content/uploads/p10c11.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365&ssl=1

ndmiller
11-05-23, 18:35
Very close, but the CZ P09 (omega Trigger) that I bought years ago for $499 is still my top tack driver. P10C is also great, so is P07, along with every other CZ I've sampled. Not sure what you paid for your P10C, but if it was under $499 with NS, you're probably correct in your assessment.

Stopsign32v
11-05-23, 18:44
Very close, but the CZ P09 (omega Trigger) that I bought years ago for $499 is still my top tack driver. P10C is also great, so is P07, along with every other CZ I've sampled. Not sure what you paid for your P10C, but if it was under $499 with NS, you're probably correct in your assessment.

Oh mine is a 2021 and the first (and discontinued) FDE model. I'm going to have the slide milled and cerakoted in Burnt Bronze and run a matching RMR. But you can get a new P10c for like $370! It's crazy right now!

I had a P07 that was Cajunized and while I loved it, trigger pull was magical, I found that in the follow up shot in SA the trigger was so far back for my hand it felt weird. Hard to explain but yes I agree, I like the P07 and P09 a lot!

gaijin
11-05-23, 18:48
I don’t often shoot Stryker guns, but when I do, it’s my P10c.
It’s moderately modded, but only because I just, can’t, leave things Stock.

Stopsign32v
11-05-23, 19:05
Since I'm going to be installing this in my carry rotation ASAP I think I'm going to grab this. https://cajungunworks.com/product/10310-p10c-package/

SteveL
11-05-23, 20:18
I agree. I think the P10 is easily the best pistol on the market in its price range. The aftermarket for it isn't great, but it's good enough.

Biggy
11-05-23, 20:55
The P10 S,C and F model pistols are now coming with optic cut slides. I carry AIWB, and I prefer to have a manual thumb safety or in the case of a Glock a SCD on my striker fired guns. Also,I think there is a very good chance we will see a Glock Gen 6 9mm pistol introduced at this years SHOT show.

SteyrAUG
11-05-23, 23:45
That would be hard to beat. CZ does make good stuff.

Alpha-17
11-06-23, 08:11
I have to admit, I don't really get the love for these guys. We've had a ton of blem 10Fs and a few 10Cs come through, and I've never been impressed by anything other than the F's magazine capacity. They don't feel great, and the triggers aren't particularly wonderful either. Finally, these guys simply don't seem to sell particularly well, so if they're the best pistol for the money, they're also the best kept secret on the market.

kirkland
11-06-23, 11:45
So is this basically a Glock internally? I know Glock let a patent expire or something and we've recently seen a bunch of guns get released with Glock like features like the trigger safety and takedown bar. But I don’t know anything about the internals of this gun. Wouldn't mind shooting one though to see how it feels.

SteyrAUG
11-06-23, 13:25
I have to admit, I don't really get the love for these guys. We've had a ton of blem 10Fs and a few 10Cs come through, and I've never been impressed by anything other than the F's magazine capacity. They don't feel great, and the triggers aren't particularly wonderful either. Finally, these guys simply don't seem to sell particularly well, so if they're the best pistol for the money, they're also the best kept secret on the market.

Not sure it's love so much as the only "cheaper than Glock" option that exists that isn't a disaster waiting to happen.

Waylander
11-06-23, 14:00

I added a set of Talon Grips so now my grip is extremely comfortable and fits like a glove. I would bet the harsh factory grip could be one reason they don’t sell well.

The trigger is much better than any factory Glock to me including gen 5. CZ and most gun rags hyped the trigger as excellent which is a stretch. So I can see people being disappointed when they dry fire one.

I’m not sure about blem frequency so to anybody buying one I would handle one first to be sure.

The biggest issue I have with CZ is they are bad about dropping support for their newer product lines. I got bit by that badly on the 805 Bren years ago and more recently the previous gen CZ Scorpion. I saw a recent YouTube video with James from TFB interviewing the CZ president and he said there’s a successor to the P10 coming out soon and support on the current p10 would last two more years after that. Depending on how significant the changes, I may buy a few spare parts and keep it as a backup gun.

So is this basically a Glock internally? I know Glock let a patent expire or something and we've recently seen a bunch of guns get released with Glock like features like the trigger safety and takedown bar. But I don’t know anything about the internals of this gun. Wouldn't mind shooting one though to see how it feels.

Other than the takedown bar and the bottom accessory rail, there isn’t much similar to Glock. No more than most other striker fired pistols. An annoying thing is to replace the trigger, one needs to drive out three stubborn frame roll pins. CZ reminds me of HK and how they over-engineer and make designs so dissimilar from everything else.

The size of the p10c is similar to a G19 with a slightly longer grip. They will fit some G19 holsters but not all.

ETA
The p10 bore axis is fairly low so they shoot flat like a Glock.

hotrodder636
11-06-23, 14:32
I have thoroughly enjoyed shooting every CZ product I have tried; Shadow 2, TSO, Rami, CZ75, P10, P07. One day I may get one in my carry rotation.

Waylander
11-06-23, 16:05
Also if I didn’t already own a p10c I would absolutely jump on the chance to buy one at the lower prices they’re going for today. Even if it ends up being a backup gun sooner than later.

Red*Lion
11-06-23, 16:34
I bought a CZ P10 C from PSA about 8 months ago when they were selling the model with the rmr cut and suppressor sights for a little under $400. I have only shot it once, but did add an aftermarket enlarged slide release, as the stock release was way too small and difficult to use. Shot well for me.

C-grunt
11-06-23, 16:51
The armory at work has one that they got for T&E. It has been thoroughly abused and run hard. It probably has close to 10k rounds through it without cleaning and literally gets thrown across the parking lot. It will still make hits at 50 yards on demand (longest Ive ever shot it). Great gun and I have no logical reason why I haven't purchased one yet.

Stopsign32v
11-06-23, 16:53
I added a set of Talon Grips so now my grip is extremely comfortable and fits like a glove. I would bet the harsh factory grip could be one reason they don’t sell well.

A better option IMO is do what I did. I took 600 grit sandpaper and lightly went over the grips at different angles. I left the front and back nearly factory for the grip 'bite' while shooting but the sanding GREATLY helped with the comfort.

gaijin
11-06-23, 19:35
Since I'm going to be installing this in my carry rotation ASAP I think I'm going to grab this. https://cajungunworks.com/product/10310-p10c-package/

I have those in both of mine, with their trigger. I just look at it as insurance (the steel striker).
MIM seems to work if it’s executed properly, but I’ve seen some shit sears/disconnectors in newer Colt/SA 1911’s.
I would not use those on a duty/carry gun.

Oh, I did stone engagement surface on Strikers, mine (early versions) showed tooling marks.

everready73
11-07-23, 11:33
optic ready version for $399 seems like a good deal

https://grabagun.com/sale/cz-p-10-c-optics-ready-9mm-4-02-barrel-15-rounds-front-night-sight.html

Also the P09 for $350 might be the lowest i have seen it

https://grabagun.com/sale/cz-usa-p09-9mm-duty-19rd.html

Stopsign32v
11-08-23, 14:54
Also the P09 for $350 might be the lowest i have seen it

https://grabagun.com/sale/cz-usa-p09-9mm-duty-19rd.html

I mean if it wasn't for Christmas time and the fear of my wife killing me...What a KILLER deal on a pistol I've wanted for a while!

SpecWired
11-08-23, 15:20
I've liked every CZ I've ever shot. However, I do generally prefer the Omega trigger P07 and P09, and I leave striker duties to my Glocks.

Valaden
12-04-23, 17:27
Had a P10C, knew about the hype, I just couldn't get over the aggressive checkering which made the gun not fun to shoot.

Waylander
12-04-23, 20:21
Talon Grips Pro edition is where it’s at.

https://i.ibb.co/1mv9G6P/IMG-0098.jpg (https://ibb.co/W2xcvtM)

MegademiC
12-05-23, 23:14
For $50 you can get the aftermarket/accessory support of a g19.5. Im curious what statistics are for accuracy and reliability as well.

They are really good pistols and feel great, but it doesnt really matter.

m4brian
12-06-23, 09:44
Like most CZs the triggers are meh. (I know cuz I own more than a couple).

Got a P10C and F and the triggers were QUITE unimpressive. ALL the G5s I've seen are better and so is every Walther and HK. Getting a good trigger is worth $.

I LIKE CZs and own more CZs than any type of gun, but again, unless you know how to do some trigger work and use CGW, they aren't great.

gaijin
12-06-23, 13:19
Like most CZs the triggers are meh. (I know cuz I own more than a couple).

Got a P10C and F and the triggers were QUITE unimpressive. ALL the G5s I've seen are better and so is every Walther and HK. Getting a good trigger is worth $.

I LIKE CZs and own more CZs than any type of gun, but again, unless you know how to do some trigger work and use CGW, they aren't great.

^^This is accurate.
With a bit of “trigger tweaking knowledge” and Cajun, a good Striker CZ trigger is doable.

D.S. Brown
12-13-23, 20:48
They really improved them when they went from the ambi mag release to the reversible in late 2018 early 2019. I had two of them in 2017, and the ambi magazine release was terrible. I wanted to think I was unlucky but whenever I popped into a gun store during that time frame they were all like that.

Now a days I see them at Scheels for just under four hundred. For the price, combined with excellent ergos, a trigger that is arguably one of the better out of the box, and strong functional reliability, you can’t go wrong. If I wasn’t so committed to sticking with Shadow Systems guns as my striker fired platform, the P10C (as well as the whole series), would likely be my choice.[emoji41][emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggy
12-13-23, 22:32
Big News & Answers to Viewer Qs from CZ's CEO, Jan Zajic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI86teAa4k8&pp=ygUXaW50ZXJ2aWV3IHdpdGggQ1oncyBDRU8%3D

It looks like CZ will be introducing another striker 9mm pistol at SHOT in January. Possibly one with a drop in FCU like the Sig P320 and P365 pistols and like Springfield Armory's new Echelon pistol Also, there will be a SCD (striker control device) available for the CZP10C sometime in the first quarter of 2024. Grabagun currently has the CZP10C OR model available for $379.99 . I still like my Gen5 G19 a lot, but these current production CZ P10C's are hard to beat for the money and offer some thing I prefer over my Glock. *I* like the grip angle better, factory grip texture better, larger trigger guard, better overall ergo's and a better slide optic cut .
The triggers can vary some on them from gun to gun out of the box, but with use they all become pretty decent carry trigger. IMHO, I believe their reliability, durability and accuracy to be pretty close to Glock's . The Gen 5 Glock has a better mag well and it's probably a little easier to get spare parts for, and Glock's design is easier to take down and work on. Also, IMHO, I think if we don't see a Glock Gen 6 introduced at this years SHOT show we will definitely see one at next years show.

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/cz-p-10-c-optics-ready-9mm-4-02-barrel-15-rounds-front-night-sight.html

dmd08
12-13-23, 23:08
I picked up a P10c, P-09 and a Shadow 2. This thread is partly to blame. I've carried a glock 19 for a decade or so but the P10c is impressing me. I think the trigger out of the box is easily better than a stock glock. The palm swell and texture are great. My son was looking to buy his first pistol now that's he's of age. He got a P10c also. I think he made a good choice. A bargain at $349 IMO.

Caduceus
12-20-23, 12:01
Ditto what Alpha 17 said.

I had one, sold it. Not a Glock fan and it's basically a Glock. The palm swell killed it for me.

I'm pretty entrenched with the M&P 2.0 line, and I absolutely admit I'm better with some tools than others.

Hank6046
12-20-23, 13:45
I'm just now seeing this thread for some reason, and I love my P10C, I have lost count of the rounds, but after 5 years of ownership and a rough estimate I believe I'm around 12-14k rounds though the gun, all factory parts. I really, really love that gun. Multiple pistol classes, that thing has been utterly amazing with maybe a handful of failures, mainly in failure to lock back on an empty chamber especially when I have gloves on and am probably riding the slide release.

BoringGuy45
12-21-23, 17:10
I like mine a lot; it’s a tack driver out of the box, it’s got a comfortable grip at a good angle (straighter than a Glock but not as straight as a P320, M&P, PDP, etc.). The felt recoil seems noticeably less than my G19 Gen5 (and way less than my dad’s Walther PDP). Also slightly less expensive than most pistols of its quality. It’s my current EDC.

I do have some things I’d change about it. First, internally, it’s more complicated than other polymer striker pistols. It’s noticeably more tedious to detail strip and worse to reassemble than any of the other striker fired pistols I’ve owned. If you’re a compulsive customizer like me, that’s a pain in the ass.

Second, the trigger is good enough but overall no better, and maybe even slightly worse than a Gen5 Glock, and nowhere near a Walther PDP or something like it. Theres a small bit of grit in the take up, break feels heavy though it’s supposedly the standard 5.5 to 6lbs most striker pistols have, but the reset is good. It’s certainly one of the better stock triggers among striker pistols, but it’s just not as good as it probably could be.

It’s a bit heavy; not a boat anchor but if you’re used to carrying a compact Glock, you’ll notice the weight difference.

Aftermarket options for it are very limited. There’s very little in the way of sights, plates for optics, or triggers and fire control parts. Internally, you’re limited to having a stock gun or a competition gun. Unlike, say, Glock, where you can drop in a - or . disconnector, or the M&P with the Apex Duty/Carry enhancement kit, the P10 has no mod to just slightly improve the shooting experience in your carry gun.

Also, there’s a noticeable gap between the slide and the frame. It doesn’t affect the performance in any way, shape, or form, but in terms of looks, it annoys my OCD. I wish CZ could have done their signature frame inside the slide.

These aren’t deal killers. I do like my P10C and I’m not getting rid of it and I’ll recommend it, and over many other guns, all week long and twice on Sundays. But if they’re going to clean it up a bit, changes to these complaints is what I’d like to see.

JediGuy
12-22-23, 07:09
What I would want to see is mag compatibility between the current P10c and whatever CZ is about to release.

jbdesigns
12-23-23, 22:49
My family has 3 P-10C’s.
Mine was the first and my son carried it for a couple years or so before he bought his own with a slide cut. He mounted an Acro on his and carries it And uses it at our range for our weekly pistol shoots. He stomps everyone else even those running gamer guns. It’s our club members snd guests so it’s not like a state run uspsa event but the fact he can run a duty pistol well speaks highly of the pistol.

Mine now was cut for a SRO. Great shooter. My younger son has one with an RMR on it.

We also have a couple shadow 2’s. I also have a P-09 with RMR on it. All great

We dont hate on glocks but we simply don’t like the grip and grip angle. They don’t point naturally for us.

For less than $400 for an optic cut, i always recommend the P-10C.

Sikiguya
12-24-23, 11:10
I’d agree. At this moment, the CZP10c and the Beretta APX are the best guns that price point at about $350 give or take.

You can make an argument about any other guns being better in any different ways…but you will spend more.

Both pistols lack aftermarket support, but frankly for most purposes, you don’t meted much more.

I’d give the edge to the Beretta for the modular concept although I have yet to see any ‘kits’ available…given the price point, why not buy another gun? You can easily swap grip sizes. I do like the competition striker spring in this. There only knock is the disassembly is not intuitive as most sfp.

Mjolnir
12-25-23, 08:35
Now that a Striker Control Device will soon be available… absolutely. I’ve said this since I first tested/tried/carried one for 6 months.

SeriousStudent
12-25-23, 11:05
Now that a Striker Control Device will soon be available… absolutely. I’ve said this since I first tested/tried/carried one for 6 months.

Tom/Ernest is going to me making a Gadget for the CZ? Very cool!

Thanks for the info. :)

npena84
12-25-23, 15:24
This is the guy I'm seeing with and SCD like device. Not sure the affiliation with TAU or Langdon.

https://danforthdesigns.com/product/cz-p-10-scd/

pag23
01-13-24, 17:33
Just got a slightly used one today...$250