PDA

View Full Version : FAB Defense

Delta1067
11-23-06, 14:15
Has anyone tried the Surefire G2 and tactical foregrip with the flashlight adapter and the on/off trigger from FAB Defense?

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=T-GripSFG2&Category_Code=_M16FlashMount

C4IGrant
11-24-06, 16:42
Has anyone tried the Surefire G2 and tactical foregrip with the flashlight adapter and the on/off trigger from FAB Defense?

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=T-GripSFG2&Category_Code=_M16FlashMount

No, but the design is a good one. My concern is what is holding it on the rail? I think I could most likely snap it right off the rail with a good push/pull exercise. I do see that it has a steel bolt in the back and would think it would have to be used for certain.

C4

Delta1067
11-24-06, 19:37
Like C4IGrant, I am concerned about how secure it will be held onto the picatinny rail. I am also concerned about the flashlight on/off trigger and how reliable that trigger will be. If I buy this it will be used on my personal patrol rifle at work. Thanks.

Glockster35
11-29-06, 03:28
I have been wonderig about this for a while. Someone had to buy one...

Dennis
11-29-06, 16:14
Great Idea! The light looks a bit fragile hanging all the way out there but this is something that makes a lot of sense. A Tango Down version would be a must have.

Dennis.

Delta1067
12-15-06, 08:12
I decided to go ahead and order one and it arrived yesterday.

My overall impression of the grip is that it is very well made. It attaches to my picattiny rail very securely. The only negative in the design is the additional screw in the rear which is suppose to secure the grip to the rail in addition to the quick release button. This screw is too long and I will not be using it. The quick release button adequately secures the grip to the rail by itself. The on/off trigger is a bit stiff to press but works very well. Overall I am pleased with this accessory and for the price, I would recommend this product.

I ended up going with the Boker Plus instead of the Surefire G2 because Mako was out of the G2s. I am glad that I did, the Boker is probably a better light.

SuicideHz
12-15-06, 08:31
Boker makes a better light than SF does?

The ratio of mass attached to the rail versus not attached is too lopsided for my tastes. The entire flashlight is essentially cantilevered off of the rail. It appears to me, it will fail in the area where the flashlight is clamped into the device.