PDA

View Full Version : Silly question, Noveske Recon barrels for MK12 mod H?

Hammer_Man
11-08-23, 14:22
I read somewhere that Noveske supplied barrels to the DOD for the MK12 mod-h rifles. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of this? If they did supply barrels, were they their standard Recon profile 16” barrels, or were they a heavier profile barrel similar to what everyone else markets as a mod-h barrel?

Todd.K
11-08-23, 14:32
They were a different contour and had the locating step for the collar.

Hammer_Man
11-09-23, 11:08
They were a different contour and had the locating step for the collar.

Thanks for the reply. It seems as though legit Noveske mod-h barrels never made it to civilian distribution channels, which is really too bad. I’m sure if they marketed one they would sell every single one they offered.

For now, I think I’ll try Noveske’s 16” Recon barrel instead, or a V Seven 16” match barrel, which comes with a lifetime guarantee. Those options might not have the correct profile, but I can’t justify purchasing an AE suppressor right now, so no need for the locking collar. They’re also significantly lighter than a mod-h profile barrel, so that’s a bonus. A Centurion Arms mod-h barrel would be my third choice.

Todd.K
11-09-23, 17:38
My recollection is that the mod-H was a unit or individuals purchase from a company that bought custom barrels from Noveske.

Stickman
11-12-23, 15:22
My recollection is that the mod-H was a unit or individuals purchase from a company that bought custom barrels from Noveske.

Was that the 5th Group deal?

Todd.K
11-13-23, 00:25
I only dealt with the company that ordered the barrels, never knew where they were headed.