PDA

View Full Version : Help in identifying a FSB, please?

Max Collins
01-05-09, 01:58
I've been trying to figure out the manufacturer of a front sight base on one of my rifles. It is "F" marked, and on the right side (shooter's perspective) it says, "BOM", followed by what looks to be a diamond with a "9" inside it and then the number "2".

Thanks.

warpigM-4
01-05-09, 02:42
not sure on all of it but the F is the flat top upper sight post ,it is taller than a standard FSB

markm
01-05-09, 08:07
Why do you need to know the manufacturor? Are you planning on sending it back?

JBnTX
01-05-09, 11:19
I've been trying to figure out the manufacturer of a front sight base on one of my rifles. It is "F" marked, and on the right side (shooter's perspective) it says, "BOM", followed by what looks to be a diamond with a "9" inside it and then the number "2".
Thanks.

What type rifle is it?
Contact them, I'll bet they know?

scottryan
01-05-09, 13:34
What difference does it make?

It is separate from its barrel and is basically trash.

JBnTX
01-05-09, 19:42

How did you deduce that from his post?:confused:

Max Collins
01-06-09, 01:35
What difference does it make?

Sheesh. Next time I'll make sure I check with the regular loud-mouths for permission before I ask a question that's not important to them. :rolleyes:

Max Collins
01-06-09, 01:48
Warpig, thanks. JBnTX, PM sent.

Iraqgunz
01-06-09, 08:06
Max,

I just happened to notice a few of the old Bushmaster FSB's that I have in the armory and they have the BOM marking and another symbol to the left that I can't make out.

In the future it may help if you identify the manufacturer of your complete weapon or upper.

Max Collins
01-07-09, 11:15
Max,

I just happened to notice a few of the old Bushmaster FSB's that I have in the armory and they have the BOM marking and another symbol to the left that I can't make out.

In the future it may help if you identify the manufacturer of your complete weapon or upper.

Thank you. The gun was a frankenbuild I bought used a while back, so I really don't know.

scottryan
01-07-09, 11:40
How did you deduce that from his post?:confused:

Even if it was never installed (never drilled) it still will never "mesh" with anything factory.

So what does it matter?

markm
01-07-09, 11:48
Sheesh. Next time I'll make sure I check with the regular loud-mouths for permission before I ask a question that's not important to them. :rolleyes:

We're just trying to learn why it's important. :confused:

Iraqgunz
01-07-09, 11:51
Dude,

Relax. I am pretty sure that the OP has this FSB installed on his "frankenbuild" and he was simply inquiring as to what make it may be. Nowhere does it say it is not on the weapon or laying in a drawer, etc..etc.. He probably just would like to know something about it just as others ask about triggers, hammers, bolt carriers, etc...

Even if it was never installed (never drilled) it still will never "mesh" with anything factory.

So what does it matter?

markm
01-07-09, 12:14
Perhaps there's no markings on the barrel and he's trying to determine the make of the barrel, and he just asked the question in a confusing way? :confused: