PDA

View Full Version : You guys think new pistol brace designs will come out of the wood work now?

Stopsign32v
11-10-23, 20:56
Just curious...Liked where the designs were going before all the ATF crap. Kept the function of the arm brace but the looks of a stock. :cool:

Todd.K
11-11-23, 09:09
No, I don’t expect it happen quickly, if at all.

The court cases are likely to go back and forth with appeals for years, if not a decade.

There is no reason to think investing in new molds in an uncertain regulatory environment is a wise investment.

We also don’t know how much consumers are willing to buy them in large numbers again.

Diamondback
11-11-23, 14:19
Don't forget the Coastal Elitist Scumlords like WA AG Bob "Rumored Child Molester" Ferguson who if the Feds don't ban they WILL no matter how many times SCOTUS bends them over the bench and takes them to Genpop Pedo Poundtown.

Uncas47
11-11-23, 14:32
They are already plotting to circumvent SCOTUS, and not just on this issue.

SpecWired
11-11-23, 16:25
Don’t underestimate the bureaucracy. What can’t be banned can be smothered in paperwork and means testing.

“Can you prove you need this brace.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

223to45
11-11-23, 18:15
No, I don’t expect it happen quickly, if at all.

The court cases are likely to go back and forth with appeals for years, if not a decade.

There is no reason to think investing in new molds in an uncertain regulatory environment is a wise investment.

We also don’t know how much consumers are willing to buy them in large numbers again.We will find out, Aero is already offering free brace.

I have been getting emails offing them for sell again from several places

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Stopsign32v
11-11-23, 18:19
What an absolutely sad time we live.

The fact that you can put a stock on a rifle that is 16" is ok but any firearm with a 15.9" or less barrel is too dangerous with a stock is just mind boggling.

lysander
11-11-23, 21:34
Just curious...Liked where the designs were going before all the ATF crap. Kept the function of the arm brace but the looks of a stock. :cool:

The lawsuit is not decided yet. So, not yet.

SteyrAUG
11-11-23, 23:43
What an absolutely sad time we live.

The fact that you can put a stock on a rifle that is 16" is ok but any firearm with a 15.9" or less barrel is too dangerous with a stock is just mind boggling.

Blame FDR, Bonnie and Clyde and your grandparents. And never forget they really, really, really wanted to make all handguns NFA items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsE0naVApPU

HKGuns
11-11-23, 23:51
I'm just waiting for some enterprising group to go after 1934 - 1968 and 1986. With the most recent SCOTUS rulings, most of that crap could be struck down as unconstitutional.

yoni
11-12-23, 04:04
Once it is over with a victory at SCOTUS then yes I think we will see innovation bringing us new braces. These will further blur the line between pistols and SBR. Then with some luck Congress just might remove SBR's from the NFA. But even if they don't I don't think it will matter, I think the new generation of braces will be that good.

flenna
11-12-23, 07:49
Once it is over with a victory at SCOTUS then yes I think we will see innovation bringing us new braces. These will further blur the line between pistols and SBR. Then with some luck Congress just might remove SBR's from the NFA. But even if they don't I don't think it will matter, I think the new generation of braces will be that good.

Yoni, I appreciate your optimism in this screwed up world.

Stopsign32v
11-12-23, 08:21
I'm just waiting for some enterprising group to go after 1934 - 1968 and 1986. With the most recent SCOTUS rulings, most of that crap could be struck down as unconstitutional.

That's what I'm wondering about! If now we have millions of pistol ARs, AKs, and Shotguns then SBRs are neither uncommon or more dangerous.

yoni
11-12-23, 09:35
Yoni, I appreciate your optimism in this screwed up world.

I try to be a realist and honest in what I think.

I think when it comes to guns in the USA, I think we are on a roll. Having said that SCOTUS in the blink of an eye could make me 100% wrong.

If the Republicans could figure out abortion and neutralize this as an issue. With the crap the Marxist have pulled in the USA, and then maybe add some internal terrorism in the USA . The Republicans in a year should do great. But I have little faith in the current bunch of them

AdalinesDad
11-22-23, 05:06
I’d settle for a redesigned Sba4 with a better sling location.

Diamondback
11-22-23, 07:23

I think when it comes to guns in the USA, I think we are on a roll. Having said that SCOTUS in the blink of an eye could make me 100% wrong.

This also goes to why things are being slow-walked through Appeals, the Grabbers are hoping for another R or two to keel over so they can restack the deck. The frightening thing is our rights now depend on who John Roberts decides he hates more on Decision Morning, us Icky Deplorable Gunhumpers or the lower-court judges who blatantly drop trou and blast brown spackle all over HIS Court's face...

Alpha-17
11-23-23, 08:04
We've already started seeing new pistol brace designs start coming out. Not a ton thus far, and mostly in the "prototype stage", but H&R appears to have two retro-inspired designs in the works based on recent posts.

Diamondback
11-23-23, 08:07
We've already started seeing new pistol brace designs start coming out. Not a ton thus far, and mostly in the "prototype stage", but H&R appears to have two retro-inspired designs in the works based on recent posts.

Here, or on their Instagram/Twitter/other mindrot "social media"?

Alpha-17
11-23-23, 08:20
Here, or on their Instagram/Twitter/other mindrot "social media"?

Instagram/Facebook/Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-619ssXwAAAWP2?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://scontent-hou1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/399659936_188077001025344_241464175050887313_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=73EEpsyqh_4AX-dbQrM&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.xx&oh=00_AfAvyQ0GyhB8wW6leZ7l3tQ5_yA4iwRMJhjjHy5S20PsOA&oe=65654703

Stopsign32v
11-23-23, 10:11
I hope more stay away from the velcro straps. I only want to brace my arm against one, not put on a seat belt.

TMS951
11-24-23, 08:51
I really like that retro style one. However I too hate the straps and with they’d go with a tail hook style

indianalex01
11-26-23, 18:48
I hope more stay away from the velcro straps. I only want to brace my arm against one, not put on a seat belt.

Then just do an SBR. Obviously there is a trade off going with a brace

Stopsign32v
11-26-23, 19:39
Then just do an SBR. Obviously there is a trade off going with a brace

Can't just willy nilly take a SBR over state lines as you want like a pistol. Plus I don't care to pay a $200 "tax" for a piece of plastic that sits on my cheek nor do I want to be on a SBR registry.

I'll just keep bracing my arm.

indianalex01
11-26-23, 20:59
Can't just willy nilly take a SBR over state lines as you want like a pistol. Plus I don't care to pay a $200 "tax" for a piece of plastic that sits on my cheek nor do I want to be on a SBR registry.

I'll just keep bracing my arm.

Well it sounds like nothing will satisfy you. Just get nothing then.

Stopsign32v
11-26-23, 21:12
Well it sounds like nothing will satisfy you. Just get nothing then.

LOL or just do like I say that makes me happy and get a pistol brace....???? I just prefer the ones without the velcro.

indianalex01
11-26-23, 22:14
LOL or just do like I say that makes me happy and get a pistol brace....???? I just prefer the ones without the velcro.

I don’t remember if it was you or some other poster that had mentioned the tail hook. That’s a good one.

tb-av
11-26-23, 22:22

If the Republicans could figure out abortion and neutralize this as an issue. With the crap the Marxist have pulled in the USA, and then maybe add some internal terrorism in the USA . The Republicans in a year should do great. But I have little faith in the current bunch of them

Amen --- same here except I believe there is a strong contingent of fake Republicans in the judicial and legislative. The judicial I can appreciate as it's supposed to be "blind"

=============
Deleted
Oops -- sorry got my treads mixed up..

Stopsign32v
11-27-23, 08:02
I don’t remember if it was you or some other poster that had mentioned the tail hook. That’s a good one.

I didn't mention it but that's pretty much the only one I run at this point. Magpul makes decent ones though as far as shape goes. They don't look as 'finished' as a tailhook mod 2 though.

Diamondback
11-28-23, 10:12
And we've established that "rule of law" is dead with Fourth Circuit striking down MD's arduous permitting process and MD saying "shove your ruling up your ass, we're gonna keep doing it our way anyway."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZWSMxiNfs