PDA

View Full Version : Surefire 4 prong ringing made me chuckle

Rngr188
11-18-23, 08:42
Just got one, took it out of the package and sat it down. I was hearing a ringing sound and then I remembered the URGI video Garand Thumb did where he mentioned it. Don't know why but it made me laugh, quite impressive actually how long it went on then I couldn't quit thumping it 🤣

HKGuns
11-18-23, 08:45
I have a Vortex pronged Tuning fork on my hunting rifle. I'll be changing it out for a non tuning fork model when I get back to my main residence.

Nearly everything it touched in my blind made it ring and it drove me nutz. I'm convinced the animals can hear that really well, so it will be moving into the parts bin or onto an SD rifle.

ndmiller
11-18-23, 14:18
I thought once they get fouled with carbon they stop ringing, at least my 51T brakes did.

Rngr188
11-18-23, 14:45
I thought once they get fouled with carbon they stop ringing, at least my 51T brakes did.

Yea, that's what Garand Thumb said, but this is new out of the package uninstalled and was quite noticeable just sitting it on the table, that's what made me chuckle.

AndyLate
11-18-23, 17:28
My LMT AR has a 14.5" barrel with a p/w AAC Blackout pronged FH. It rings when you fire or rack it, although I don't hear it. My son does and thought his electronic ear pro was on the fritz while he was shooting.

Andy

SteyrAUG
11-18-23, 22:31
Always makes me think of my SIG 552. Every shot sounded like I ejected a Grand clip.

indianalex01
11-18-23, 22:59
What a bad post..

Rngr188
11-18-23, 23:04
What a bad post..

Actually you made a bad post on a THREAD, not a post.

titsonritz
11-18-23, 23:09
After going down this road I landed on the White Noise Fossa and have not looked. I hope they come back around

indianalex01
11-18-23, 23:32
Actually you made a bad post on a THREAD, not a post.

Oh wait.. I have to “Chuckle”….

Rngr188
11-19-23, 00:27

You seem to be more of a Facebook personality vs a forum. Take your shit comments over there and leave the forum to light hearted comments, jokes, and knowledgeable advice. How many TickToc videos have you made? Seems that and ****faceBook is where you belong.

indianalex01
11-19-23, 00:29
You seem to be more of a Facebook personality vs a forum. Take your shit comments over there and leave the forum to light hearted comments, jokes, and knowledgeable advice. How many TickToc videos have you made? Seems that and ****faceBook is where you belong.

You are “Chuckling” over a prong device and you say I’m a FB or tick talk guy…. Listen to yourself ..

Rngr188
11-19-23, 00:40
I chuckled (meaning laughed to myself) when I literally just sat the 4 prong on the desk and heard the ringing for the first time, it took me a second to realize what I was hearing until I remembered Garand Thumb's comments about it on his URGI video. The thread (not post d/a) is just for fun to call out the first time I've had a Surefire 4 prong and how easy it is to make it sing. That's it, simple as that. But you with your Face****Book mentality just want to come onto a THREAD, not a post, and make bullshit kid remarks because you are small and belong on Facebook. I'd love to critique your Instagram profile picture ��

Rngr188
11-19-23, 00:46
You are “Chuckling” over a prong device and you say I’m a FB or tick talk guy…. Listen to yourself ..

Long story short, you're a FaceF**kBook derelict who only talks shit and doesn't belong on a forum where people can have light hearted conversations, ask serious questions, or provide help. Instead you just talk shit.

Rngr188
11-19-23, 00:55

You're not looking out for Alex Rosen are you?

Rngr188
11-19-23, 00:58

There's a difference between a forum member and a Face****Book member, you seem to be the prime example of the later. Just a shit talker who finds any reason to be a keyboard commando Billy Bad Ass.

Rngr188
11-19-23, 01:05
What a bad post..

Your avatar proves that you're more than likely a 58+ year old who can't "perform" so you get off on talking shit on forums. Go back to Face****Book and whatever social media that you post on to try and act all hard and shit.

mark5pt56
11-19-23, 06:10
Settle down, knock it off.

Rngr188
11-19-23, 13:01
Settle down, knock it off.

Will do. I'm a member of several different forums related to topics that I like such as fishing and bass boats, Toyota Tundras, 4runners, etc. A forum is meant for people to help one another out, goof around, post pictures of the things that you are proud of, etc. and not have to worry about some a-hole talking s**t. I quit Facebook because I was in pages related to things that I have interest in only to constantly read negative and insulting replies and comments. I get upset when that spills over into forums which are supposed to be a community. Rant over.

indianalex01
11-19-23, 15:03
Will do. I'm a member of several different forums related to topics that I like such as fishing and bass boats, Toyota Tundras, 4runners, etc. A forum is meant for people to help one another out, goof around, post pictures of the things that you are proud of, etc. and not have to worry about some a-hole talking s**t. I quit Facebook because I was in pages related to things that I have interest in only to constantly read negative and insulting replies and comments. I get upset when that spills over into forums which are supposed to be a community. Rant over.

What is the attraction with some of you talking about Facebook? What am I missing? This is a gun forum. Also, my avatar is a beautiful woman wearing a Marine Corps shirt. How does that prove that I’m a guy who can’t get it and is an older guy 58? I don’t get the personal attacks. I just said the post was bad. That’s all and then it turns into a Facebook rant and me being old because of a pic??? Modulator? Maybe you can explain. Thanks

SteyrAUG
11-19-23, 16:53
What is the attraction with some of you talking about Facebook? What am I missing? This is a gun forum. Also, my avatar is a beautiful woman wearing a Marine Corps shirt. How does that prove that I’m a guy who can’t get it and is an older guy 58? I don’t get the personal attacks. I just said the post was bad. That’s all and then it turns into a Facebook rant and me being old because of a pic??? Modulator? Maybe you can explain. Thanks

Let it go. The whole exchange was silly. New guy got defensive. Ya'll need to breathe, relax...move on.

kirkland
11-19-23, 17:18
Save the drama fo' yo' mama, I always say.