PDA

View Full Version : Rossi .38

white spaniard
01-05-09, 12:23
What is everyones thoughts on Rossi? I wanted something inexpensive to keep in the car.

Jack_Stroker
01-05-09, 14:43
What is everyones thoughts on Rossi? I wanted something inexpensive to keep in the car.

I think Rossi's are made by Taurus for the most part these days. A friend of mine had one and it was ok. Not the equal of my Smith & Wesson .38 Special, but seemed decent none the less.

citizensoldier16
01-05-09, 18:05
On the contrary, I prefer my Taurus .357 revolver to my S&W. It fits my hand better, is more accurate, and has easier controls. Honestly, I've never owned a Rossi. I've heard them get a bad rap. Save up for at least a true Taurus or a S&W.

apxpred
01-05-09, 19:34
I had a Rossi 38 about 20 yrs. ago, it was my first handgun. It had timing issues, it was pure junk. I know that Taurus bought them awhile back & quality has improved. I would never buy another w/ other options availible. Just my .02

ST911
01-06-09, 01:58

Economy gun, and all that goes with it.

Save your pennies until you can buy a S&W. Used 36s and 60s can be found reasonably.

Taurus, over the Rossi.

Why is it necessary to keep the gun in the car?

white spaniard
01-06-09, 07:47
Economy gun, and all that goes with it.

Save your pennies until you can buy a S&W. Used 36s and 60s can be found reasonably.

Taurus, over the Rossi.

Why is it necessary to keep the gun in the car?

It’s mainly for conceal ability right now I have a HK45 and it doesn’t fit in the in car gun safe I have to leave it in the glove box. I wanted something smaller for the car.