PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 MOS 17 vs Gen4 17 with regards to aftermarket barrel

sadmin
12-01-23, 18:09
Is there a difference between the g17 MOS vs a standard g17 of the same generation? I purchased a Faxon barrel and its so damn tight that when I re-seat the slide, it forces the rod too far forward and wont seat properly.
Removing it is a real PITA, trigger is dead too.. so basically it wont fit. I am just trying to figure out if there is an issue with the barrel or is the gen4 MOS is a diff spec. Thanks for any info.

DaBigBR
12-01-23, 20:50
Is there a difference between the g17 MOS vs a standard g17 of the same generation? I purchased a Faxon barrel and its so damn tight that when I re-seat the slide, it forces the rod too far forward and wont seat properly.
Removing it is a real PITA, trigger is dead too.. so basically it wont fit. I am just trying to figure out if there is an issue with the barrel or is the gen4 MOS is a diff spec. Thanks for any info.

No difference.

Does Faxon mention that fitting may be required? Are you positive this is a Gen 4 barrel? The Gen 5s use different lock work.

ViniVidivici
12-01-23, 21:13
Nothing special about gen 4.

Agreed, make damn sure it's not a gen 5 barrel, THAT would create issues.

I'd say take a micrometer to thefalcon, and a stock barrel, in all the critical areas down below, and see how they compare.

sadmin
12-01-23, 22:45
thanks guys, its marked gen 4 but yea, ill measure it out and verify that packaging with their support.

I do notice the relief cut where the rod sits is at a diff height, as well as the reinforced chamber area.

https://i.imgur.com/Y2edUAz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BTqZ9qn.jpg

MegademiC
12-05-23, 23:19
Is the step up top 90degrees or beveled?
Edit- top of the barrel where it locks into the slide.

supercargoteam
12-06-23, 04:47
The Gen4 MOS 17 and standard Gen4 17 should have the same specs. The issue might be with the Faxon barrel tolerances. Try reaching out to Faxon for support. Good luck!