PDA

View Full Version : Yes...another question on PC sizing and plates

RyanS
11-23-06, 18:39
Sorry to subject you to this question again. I've been a wall flower on these for quite sometime trying to figure out if I should get a set of plates and which ones. I know that these questions have been asked ad naseum but it has always been difficult to guage the accuracy of the answers on other forums. It seemed like you'd read two entirely different answers to the same question in terms which plates and more frequently what size of PC. We'll I've decided that if I go down the plate road I want ceramic. As I don't need them (only want), price has been a determing factor, however I found some Ceramic Protection Ceramic Plates on Botach Tactical for the right price. They are 10"X12" triple curve. If I get them, I want to use an Eagle PC w/cummerbund. I don't know what size though. I'm 5'9", 205 lbs. (definitely not as fit I was before my son was born but this will change), and have a 44/45" chest. Any input regarding the plates and PC are welcome. Thanks.

Cold Zero
11-23-06, 19:32
I am sure someone from Eagle will be along shortly. I think that 10" x 12" plates would be the way to go and for the p.c. a L/XL. Be safe.

TimW
11-24-06, 00:08
The EPC is sized based on the plate, NOT the user (unlike the CIRAS, RAV, etc.). Thus:

8x10 and 10x12" plates = S/M Eagle Plate Carrier

11x13 or 11x14" plates = L/LX Eagle Plate Carrier

You can use smaller plates in the larger carrier, but they will sit lower than they really should. The difference between the S/M and L/XL is 1 row of PALS webbing high, and 2 columns (or so) wide.

Nathan_Bell
12-12-06, 09:20
The EPC is sized based on the plate, NOT the user (unlike the CIRAS, RAV, etc.). Thus:

11x13 or 11x14" plates = L/LX Eagle Plate Carrier

You can use smaller plates in the larger carrier, but they will sit lower than they really should. The difference between the S/M and L/XL is 1 row of PALS webbing high, and 2 columns (or so) wide.

The largest plates I have been able to find are the 10x12. Where are the two larger sized Plates avaiable from, for a civilian.

TimW
12-12-06, 09:50
The largest plates I have been able to find are the 10x12. Where are the two larger sized Plates avaiable from, for a civilian.

They are not a plate I normally carry because of the infrequency of the demand. Thus, it's not something we normally stock. Off the top of my head, I don't know anyone who normally stocks the XL plates, and though I am certain I can get them, I don't have any good idea of what a price would be though....figure around the $300 per plate mark, but that's just a wild guess.

shark31
12-13-06, 08:41
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m182/shark31/mel015.jpg

Is this a large or small?:D

Akoni
12-14-06, 10:56

Just remember that 10x12 plates in a S/M EPC require the aft plate to be "operator cut" or trapezoidal in shape. A 10x12 rectangle will not fit in the aft sleeve.

shark31
12-14-06, 12:06

:confused:

shark31
12-18-06, 08:05
Seriously, are there any dealers that can let me know what size the plate carrier is? I would really like to know. Thanks!

KiloSierra
12-18-06, 14:41
Take measurements from side to side across the bottom and from top to bottom and post them or call/e-mail the manufacturer.

Akoni
12-18-06, 16:19
Seriously, are there any dealers that can let me know what size the plate carrier is? I would really like to know. Thanks!

My S/M EPC has six rows of PALS webbing. Yours "looks" like an Eagle also and has seven rows. I'm gonna take a SWAG and say that yours is a L/XL.

shark31
12-18-06, 16:39
My S/M EPC has six rows of PALS webbing. Yours "looks" like an Eagle also and has seven rows. I'm gonna take a SAWG and say that yours is a L/XL.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it greatly.

TimW
12-19-06, 13:15
Akoni

Thanks for the reminder on the issue with the rear part of the carrier and it's compatibility (lack of) with rectangular plates. Forgot to mention that.

The S/M has 6 rows of PALS webbing, and is geared toward 8x10 and 10x12" plates (trapezoidal only for the larger sizes). A 10x12 rectangular plate will not fit in the rear carrier.

The L/XL has 7 rows, geared toward 11x14" trapezoidal plates.

Triad Tactical
12-20-06, 18:25

Four rows of webbing above the cummerbund, that is a L/XL. The S/M only have three rows.