PDA

View Full Version : BCM m4 upper assembly alternative?

Grendelshooter
12-15-23, 18:53
I’ve been waiting on BCM to get some of the 14.5” M4 carbine uppers in.
I’m tired of waiting honestly.
Anyone else stock something similar? SOCOM profile preferred but not a deal breaker.

kirkland
12-15-23, 20:42
Nvm. OOS

DoubleW
12-15-23, 21:04
Centurion has a 14.5 SOCOM profile and frankly it’ll be better than anything else out there.

markm
12-15-23, 22:21
Yeah. BCM seems to be catering to the Trans/Gay LBGTQ no FSB and Mlok homos lately. I'm sure some FSB runs are not too far away as dudes figure out that Mlok and flippy sights really aren't very good.

JediGuy
12-16-23, 05:51
Yeah. BCM seems to be catering to the Trans/Gay LBGTQ no FSB and Mlok homos lately. I'm sure some FSB runs are not too far away as dudes figure out that Mlok and flippy sights really aren't very good.

It’s been a few years now, and I haven’t seem too many people coming to that conclusion…

npena84
12-16-23, 06:46
I was up in thr air recently as well, went with a Sionics 14.8 p&w. With everything I've learned from this forum, glad to finally own one. I would also get Black River Tactical, and Centurion without hesitation

DoubleW
12-16-23, 06:51
https://centurionarms.com/uppers-lowers/cm4-complete-14-5in-enhanced-socom-crmov-midlength-with-fsb/

They have non FSB versions as well as CHF.

Grendelshooter
12-16-23, 10:21
https://centurionarms.com/uppers-lowers/cm4-complete-14-5in-enhanced-socom-crmov-midlength-with-fsb/

I like centurion but I don’t see a carbine 14.5 FSB upper. Everything looks like it’s mid length.

556Cliff
12-16-23, 10:28
It’s been a few years now, and I haven’t seem too many people coming to that conclusion…

Hopefully they will, there's still time... Though as far as fads go, the M-LOK, low pro gas blocks and LPVOs are really pushing the limits of how far fads can go before they burn out. If it goes much longer they might be the first fads to ever break the non-fad barrier and I'm afraid of what the consequences of that might mean for future generations.

Wake27
12-16-23, 11:11
What in boomer tarnation is going on in here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disciple
12-16-23, 12:26
I like centurion but I don’t see a carbine 14.5 FSB upper. Everything looks like it’s mid length.

Why are you avoiding mid length gas?

Grendelshooter
12-16-23, 12:52
Why are you avoiding mid length gas?

I want something like my old issued rifle from OIF in 2004-2005.
I have plenty of mid length and MLOK rifles, but I miss my old M4.

DoubleW
12-16-23, 13:02
Understandable, but the Mid-Length would mimic the look of a 14.5 M4 more closely as there is less barrel beyond the FSB. Also, the Centurion C4 quad rail will accept KAC rail covers.

Disciple
12-16-23, 13:05
Understandable, but the Mid-Length would mimic the look of a 14.5 M4 more closely as there is less barrel beyond the FSB.

But he wants an actual 14.5, right?

Grendelshooter
12-16-23, 13:14
But he wants an actual 14.5, right?

Yes he does.
That’s all I’m looking for really is a 14.5 carbine upper.
My issued rifle had a standard gov profile but I hear they were all upgraded to the SOCOM after my ETS. It’s a small change and wouldn’t bother me much to have either.

Wake27
12-16-23, 13:19
Just get a Colt then.

sinister
12-16-23, 14:01
I build my own. Much faster and I pick my own components.

I have John Thomas at Retro Arms Works pin and weld the flash suppressors on 14.5s to keep them Kosher and Title 1 compliant.

indianalex01
12-16-23, 17:34
I build my own. Much faster and I pick my own components.

I have John Thomas at Retro Arms Works pin and weld the flash suppressors on 14.5s to keep them Kosher and Title 1 compliant.

How is building your own faster then just buying one? ��������

Grendelshooter
12-16-23, 17:48
Just get a Colt then.

Where? I can only ever find them sold out.

grizzman
12-16-23, 18:00

Ahhhh, more cloner BS…….

Grendelshooter
12-16-23, 18:04
Ahhhh, more cloner BS…….

Well then feel free to piss right off lol

kirkland
12-16-23, 19:22
Where? I can only ever find them sold out.

Brand new Colt stuff seems to be out of stock, but how about one of these?

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-le6921-14-5-inch-upper-receiver-assembly-used/

Uncas47
12-16-23, 19:38
How is building your own faster then just buying one? ��������
If what you want is unavailable, you can choose to wait or possibly find the components separately and get after it. I pieced together a Colt SOCOM upper recently from new parts with the help of John Thomas. All together, sourcing parts and a round trip to John for P&W took about 3 weeks. I don't know if I saved any money this way, but I'm happy with the upper.
Edit; multiple shipping costs and sales taxes add up quickly.

Grendelshooter
12-16-23, 20:07
Brand new Colt stuff seems to be out of stock, but how about one of these?

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-le6921-14-5-inch-upper-receiver-assembly-used/

That’s rad my dude, thank you!

Before I pull the trigger though, is the retailer there legit? Any word on the condition these uppers are in?

kirkland
12-16-23, 20:33
Arms Unlimited is legit. I can't speak to the condition of the upper itself.

Cold/Bore
12-17-23, 22:19
Is this what you’re looking for?: BCM has this 14.5 MK2 blem upper on their sale page: https://bravocompanyusa.com/cosmetic-blem-bcm-mk2-standard-14-5-mid-length-complete-upper-receiver-group-w-mcmr-13-handguard/

opngrnd
12-17-23, 22:25
OP-it pains me to share this link, since I was hoping to buy it if it's still there in a month or two. Nevertheless, this seems to be what you're looking for:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?242009-Colt-M4A1-upper-KAC-handguard-MaTech-sight-BCG-etc

Cold/Bore
12-17-23, 22:48
Is this what you’re looking for?: BCM has this 14.5 MK2 blem upper on their sale page: https://bravocompanyusa.com/cosmetic-blem-bcm-mk2-standard-14-5-mid-length-complete-upper-receiver-group-w-mcmr-13-handguard/

My bad. I misread the OP. Disregard this post. You’re looking for an M4 clone.

titsonritz
12-17-23, 22:57

I would call/email them, they do have 14.5” SOCOM carbine barrel with an FSB but they don’t pin/weld

https://centurionarms.com/barrels/socom-hammer-forged-barrel-carbine-14-5-inch/

bryan1211
12-23-23, 18:46
LMT is doing their 12 days of Christmas sale.

14.5″ 5.56 BARRELED-UPPER WITH MAGPUL SIGHT - for $399.99 (free shipping over $100):
https://lmtdefense.com/product/14-5-5-56-upper-receiver-sight/

BCG’s on sale as well.

Hank6046
12-23-23, 18:56

14.5″ 5.56 BARRELED-UPPER WITH MAGPUL SIGHT - for $399.99 (free shipping over $100):

BCG’s on sale as well.

I would so get one, but they don't take AMEX.... which is my 0% APR card currently. Great deal though

bryan1211
12-24-23, 01:26
Great deal thoughYep, even after getting MD/ P&W it’s a decent deal. I’ve been recently eyeing PSA and Colt, but looks like another LMT build it will be.

Grendelshooter
12-25-23, 22:16

BCG’s on sale as well.

Holy Moly, that’s not much more than just getting a colt barrel and building my own.
Thanks very much, ordered.
I’ve always wanted an LMT lol.

Thanks again all and Merry Christmas!
Christ is born!

indianalex01
12-25-23, 22:36
Holy Moly, that’s not much more than just getting a colt barrel and building my own.
Thanks very much, ordered.
I’ve always wanted an LMT lol.

Thanks again all and Merry Christmas!
Christ is born!

Wow what a smoking deal.

ExplorinInTheWoods
12-26-23, 06:35

Dang, I like to make inflammatory remarks too and get people riled up but this one was just kind of silly. I like quad rails and I won’t argue a well drilled FSB isn’t more sturdy but I like my 1-6’s way more. Really the alphabet people are the ones using Unity style giraffe mounts not mlok

Pappabear
12-26-23, 06:56

BCG’s on sale as well.

Bryan comes in from TN for the win. Nailed that one, and if that doesn't work GB always has good Colt gear in any configuration you want. At times you worry about Colts demise, but a quick look on GB, tells a largely different story.

PB

DoubleW
12-26-23, 06:58
I don’t think we as a shooting community should really be openly disparaging others in regards to their sexuality. Whether you agree with someone’s personal lifestyle choice or not, the shooting community is doomed if we cannot at least cease to engage in this sort of behavior. I have plenty of gay friends and they are frankly some of the best people I’ve ever met.

ST911
12-26-23, 18:03
Back on track please.

Grendelshooter
12-26-23, 19:24
Dang, I like to make inflammatory remarks too and get people riled up but this one was just kind of silly. I like quad rails and I won’t argue a well drilled FSB isn’t more sturdy but I like my 1-6’s way more. Really the alphabet people are the ones using Unity style giraffe mounts not mlok

When I get the upper I’ll try and piss everyone off by mounting the ADM 2.33” Aimpoint pro mount on my GWOT era, quad rail carbine

Caduceus
01-02-24, 20:54
When I get the upper I’ll try and piss everyone off by mounting the ADM 2.33” Aimpoint pro mount on my GWOT era, quad rail carbine
I bought one, it's got the KAC quad rail and a Trijicon MRO on it. Had a few hiccups the first day out but smooth for the next 100 rounds.

Grendelshooter
01-13-24, 17:12
I bought one, it's got the KAC quad rail and a Trijicon MRO on it. Had a few hiccups the first day out but smooth for the next 100 rounds.

Got mine in yesterday. Took a bit longer than I expected but for the price I can’t complain.

So, anyone have a set of P&S quad rails for sale or know where to get them?

bryan1211
01-13-24, 18:35
I got mine about two weeks ago. It was in route for about a week… Sent it out for p&w and it’s taking it’s sweet time getting there.

I’m still conflicted if I want to go with a RAS, DD Omega, B&T, or Vltor Casv rail. If I go RAS I’d really want to find a UK/SAS lower, but they are hard to come across and $$$.

I’ve been seeing KAC/ P&S RAS in the various marketplaces, but the are usually $200+. Not sure how much you are looking to spend for one?

Pappabear
01-13-24, 19:10

BCG’s on sale as well.

I did not see that deal, I would have grabbed one in a heart beat. I grabbed a 6.5 barrel but didn't see that little jewel. Nice grab for those whom did.

PB

titsonritz
01-13-24, 19:24
I did not see that deal, I would have grabbed one in a heart beat. I grabbed a 6.5 barrel but didn't see that little jewel. Nice grab for those whom did.

PB

You must have got drunk and forgot about it because you commented on that same post on the previous page.

HKGuns
01-13-24, 19:47
You must have got drunk and forgot about it because you commented on that same post on the previous page.

I've done that! :)

DoubleW
01-13-24, 19:49
Got mine in yesterday. Took a bit longer than I expected but for the price I can’t complain.

So, anyone have a set of P&S quad rails for sale or know where to get them?

Just get a B&T rail. They’re in stock. You won’t find a stronger drop in rail.

Pappabear
01-13-24, 19:53

Probably broke more than drunk from Xmas and that 6.5 barrel and and and. 6 months ago drunk maybe but I gave up the juice. Can’t blame Ky cool aid any more.

PB

Grendelshooter
01-15-24, 17:28
I got mine about two weeks ago. It was in route for about a week… Sent it out for p&w and it’s taking it’s sweet time getting there.

I’m still conflicted if I want to go with a RAS, DD Omega, B&T, or Vltor Casv rail. If I go RAS I’d really want to find a UK/SAS lower, but they are hard to come across and $$$.

I’ve been seeing KAC/ P&S RAS in the various marketplaces, but the are usually $200+. Not sure how much you are looking to spend for one?

Ended up getting one at Brownells-new KAC M4 RAS for $260.

Cane55
01-15-24, 17:35
I’ve been waiting on BCM to get some of the 14.5” M4 carbine uppers in.
I’m tired of waiting honestly.
Anyone else stock something similar? SOCOM profile preferred but not a deal breaker.

Geissele 100%. And they actually back up their items and stand behind them if their defective and don’t tell you everything is your fault even if you’ve already spent over $10,000 of your money on them.

Grendelshooter
01-15-24, 17:38
Geissele 100%. And they actually back up their items and stand behind them if their defective and don’t tell you everything is your fault even if you’ve already spent over $10,000 of your money on them.

Geissele doesn’t make what I was looking for, but LMT did!

DoubleW
01-15-24, 17:55

While I no longer recommend Geissele after receiving 2 completely shit uppers in a row from them, I can say that their customer service is really good and they will in fact replace, repair or refund their product in a satisfactory manner.

Cane55
01-15-24, 18:05
While I no longer recommend Geissele after receiving 2 completely shit uppers in a row from them, I can say that their customer service is really good and they will in fact replace, repair or refund their product in a satisfactory manner.

What’s happened with your Geissele uppers? I’ve got one but haven’t shot it yet. What problems did you have?

DoubleW
01-15-24, 18:16
What’s happened with your Geissele uppers? I’ve got one but haven’t shot it yet. What problems did you have?

I have multiple complete Geissele rifles and uppers and all of them except for these two have been fine. The two uppers I had problems with were an 11.5 DDC and an 11.5 URGI. The ddc had the ejector roll pin walk/fail which caused it to mangle the barrel extension and significantly peen the bolt carrier. The URGI had feed ramps that were proud of the barrel extension, an atrociously out of spec chamber and a misaligned gas tube hole which caused the gas tube to be off center. After that (two in a row) I called it quits and settled on Colt and Centurion.

MegademiC
01-15-24, 19:28

Thats what big LGBCM wants you to belive... SnOwFlAke!

Wake27
01-15-24, 20:39
Thats what big LGBCM wants you to belive... SnOwFlAke!

Lulz.

Cane55
01-16-24, 14:51
I have multiple complete Geissele rifles and uppers and all of them except for these two have been fine. The two uppers I had problems with were an 11.5 DDC and an 11.5 URGI. The ddc had the ejector roll pin walk/fail which caused it to mangle the barrel extension and significantly peen the bolt carrier. The URGI had feed ramps that were proud of the barrel extension, an atrociously out of spec chamber and a misaligned gas tube hole which caused the gas tube to be off center. After that (two in a row) I called it quits and settled on Colt and Centurion.

Damn, that sucks dude. I have a SD 11.5” upper and a 14.5” URGI clone. Haven’t shot them yet. I pray they work. Did Geissele at least fix it and make it right or no? Were the Geissele’s recently built or from years ago during the Black Friday sale fiasco?

I always wanted to get a Centurion but they don’t pin the brake/flash hider (I know, I can get a gunsmith to do it, I’d just rather have the company do it). One thing I don’t like about the Geissele’s, is that for a $400 BCG, they give you lousy gas key staking. It probably works fine, but why not just stake it like a BCM or SOLGW?

titsonritz
01-16-24, 15:03
I always wanted to get a Centurion but they don’t pin the brake/flash hider (I know, I can get a gunsmith to do it, I’d just rather have the company do it). One thing I don’t like about the Geissele’s, is that for a $400 BCG, they give you lousy gas key staking. It probably works fine, but why not just stake it like a BCM or SOLGW?

I intentionally ordered my BCM 14.5” ELW upper with an unpinned A2 flash hider so I could pin the MD I wanted. Different strokes.

I have multiple BCM and SOLGW BCGs, the best gas key staking I have is SIONICS.

Cane55
01-16-24, 15:07
I intentionally ordered my BCM 14.5” ELW upper with an unpinned A2 flash hider so I could pin the MD I wanted. Different strokes.

I have multiple BCM and SOLGW BCGs, the best gas key staking I have is SIONICS.

The Sionics you mentioned, is that the NP3 one or phosphate (not that it matters - just curious). Does Centurion do good gas staking? I saw a podcast where Monty says he does all of the builds.

titsonritz
01-16-24, 15:17
The Sionics you mentioned, is that the NP3 one or phosphate (not that it matters - just curious). Does Centurion do good gas staking? I saw a podcast where Monty says he does all of the builds.

Np3

I don’t have a Centurion BCG, but I’d imagine they are solid.

Cane55
01-16-24, 15:21
Np3

I don’t have a Centurion BCG, but I’d imagine they are solid.

I apologize about the Centurion question, I got you mixed up with the guy who had the problems with the Geissele’s. I’d love to get a Sionics NP3 but whenever I check it’s always OOS.

JediGuy
01-16-24, 20:17
If you move quickly, there’s a lightly used Sionics NP3 BCG for $195.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunAccessoriesForSale/s/qDRG33qyQV

DoubleW
01-17-24, 08:49
Damn, that sucks dude. I have a SD 11.5” upper and a 14.5” URGI clone. Haven’t shot them yet. I pray they work. Did Geissele at least fix it and make it right or no? Were the Geissele’s recently built or from years ago during the Black Friday sale fiasco?

The Geissele customer service was very good. I have no complaints in that department. They made things right. I have chalked it up to bad luck and moved on.