PDA

View Full Version : Spec my Carbine

IssedSig
01-05-09, 22:08
I have a S&W M&P 15 T on the way and I've been mulling over some accessories for it. Here is what I got.

#1 Put at least 600 rounds through it on one range day.

#2 BFG Vickers Sling with DD offset QD sling adapter.

#3 VLTOR Offset light mount(maybe a DD offset) with 6P (maybe a G2 LED but I''m not a fan of LED as weapon lights.

#4 Ergo Grip and Magpul winter trigger guard.

#5 Larue FUG or Tango Down Stubby.

#6 Cant Decide on an EOTECH or Aimpoint M3...I am setting this gun up for more CQB entry type work that distance.

Please give me your opinions. Mags are covered as I have an assorment of PMAGS and Brownells tac mags.

SwatDawg15
01-05-09, 22:17
1. Check the bcg and make sure its staked properly.
2. Check the extractor. Make sure its black and add the o-ring
3. Add a H-Buffer instead of the carbine buffer.
4. Check out the vicking tactics light mounts. Hafe the price and same quality.
5. Sling is personal choice. I run a Gear Sector ASP
6. I added KNS pins... and a badger tac latch... your choice...
7. Magpul Miad and trgger guard.
9. Stocks are up in the air for me... Im stuck between the CTR, LMT, UBR, or MOE... doing lots of research but the CTR looks really good

Once all that is done. Go shoot and do a decent barrel brake in. As fas as optics. I recommend Aimpoint. I run a CompM2 in a Larue LT-150 mount.

My M&P is well over 3k rounds now and runs good. The stuff I posted is what I did with mine.

Cagemonkey
01-05-09, 22:26
#6. Eotech or Aimpoint M/ML3. Eotech has better field of view for CQB work, but the battery life isn't great. I'd get a model that uses AA or CR123/Surefire batteries. Aimpoint has outstanding battery life, but a slightly reduced field of view for CQB work. Both are good to go. Your choice.

jp0319
01-07-09, 10:04
I have the same S&W M&P15T in the works for myself too. Here is what I have planned.

1. Stock: Vltor Emod or Magpul CTR
2. Grip: Magpul Maid full grip kit with Magpul aluminum enhanced triggerguard
3. Rail Covers: Magpul XTM covers
4. Vertical Grip: Tango Down QD grip with surefire pressure switch pocket
5. Light: Surefire M600C Scout light
6. Trigger: Geissele DMR Trigger
7. Optics: Aimpoint Comp M4 / Micro T1 (in Larue mount) and Horus Talon 1-4 / Leupold MK4 MRT M2 1.5-5
8. Sling: Vickers or Custom made (By me)
9. Sling mount: Undecided

That is what I plan on so far

Vendetta
01-07-09, 13:18
#6. Eotech or Aimpoint M/ML3. Eotech has better field of view for CQB work, but the battery life isn't great. I'd get a model that uses AA or CR123/Surefire batteries. Aimpoint has outstanding battery life, but a slightly reduced field of view for CQB work. Both are good to go. Your choice.

I would go with an Aimpoint. If you read up on EoTechs, some models have a tendency for the battery connections to come lose, making the optic useless when you would need it most.

As for field of view, it may have a larger holographic/glass area, but its also clouded with a larger target than just the simple red dot of an Aimpoint. It may be just me, but shooting with both eyes open, using an Aimpoint, I don't notice that it lacks 'field of view' as all I really focus on is the dot, maybe it's me.

The whole 'tube effect' concept or better field of view doesn't make sense to me.