PDA

View Full Version : Davidson's Glock 19X

Slater
01-24-24, 08:06
They'll probably sell a respectable number of these:

"The Glock 19X MOS Davidson’s Exclusive has a 4.52” threaded (1/2×28) Glock’s marksman barrel (GMB) with a thread protector, Glock’s Modular Optic System (MOS), and suppressor-height AmeriGlo sights. The firearm also features the 19X Coyote Brown frame with a factory-colored Coyote Brown slide utilizing an nPVD coating."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2024/01/23/shot-2024-exclusive-glock-19x-from-davidsons/

markm
01-24-24, 08:20
I got my kid the regular X. But threaded barrels are just a turn off for me. Purely personal preference, but that barrel sticking out just looks retarded. And everyone I know who has a pistol can figures out pretty quickly that... "this is dumb".

Vgex2
01-24-24, 10:16
I guess the real advantage is the factory optics cut on the FDE slide, so it doesn't need to be refinished. That being said, they could have opted for the MOS-5 pattern, and made a lot of people much happier, considering the regular MOS sucks.

Ron3
01-24-24, 11:10
I got my kid the regular X. But threaded barrels are just a turn off for me. Purely personal preference, but that barrel sticking out just looks retarded. And everyone I know who has a pistol can figures out pretty quickly that... "this is dumb".

It's extra velocity, a way to mount a suppressor, and resale value.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-25-24, 10:19
This is what the original should have been. MOS is the seller.

kerplode
01-25-24, 10:42
Yeah, agreed...Being a MOS pistol will sell it.

And everyone I know who has a pistol can figures out pretty quickly that... "this is dumb".

I have a 30 cal rifle can, a 9mm pistol can, and a rimfire can. If I had it to do all over, I'd only buy the rimfire can. And yeah, the pistol can is the dumbest of the three by a wide margin.

MegademiC
01-25-24, 12:25
Yall are wierd. I run pistols supressed like 70%. The only time i dont is USPSA.

Bret
01-29-24, 09:42
But threaded barrels are just a turn off for me. Purely personal preference, but that barrel sticking out just looks retarded. And everyone I know who has a pistol can figures out pretty quickly that... "this is dumb".
I think functionality trumps looks. Having the option to run a suppressor is a good thing. At the least, it's a bit of added velocity. Dumb is a pistol that comes with a threaded barrel without suppressor height sights. I'd be all over this, but the color tells me no. Ugly is pretty much any gun in FDE, coyote tan or whatever you call it. I don't see the point.

Vgex2
01-29-24, 10:11
https://www.riflegear.com/images/product/large/22515_1_.jpg

Looks like it has suppressor sights.

Photo borrowed from Riflegear. (They're sold out)

Bret
01-29-24, 11:03
I didn't mean to imply that this particular pistol doesn't come with suppressor height sights. Others do and that's just dumb if you ask me. For example, the M11-A1 that I recently purchased came this way.

CrowCommand
01-29-24, 15:38
I think functionality trumps looks. Having the option to run a suppressor is a good thing. At the least, it's a bit of added velocity. Dumb is a pistol that comes with a threaded barrel without suppressor height sights. I'd be all over this, but the color tells me no. Ugly is pretty much any gun in FDE, coyote tan or whatever you call it. I don't see the point.

Why is an FDE gun dumber than any other color? If nothing else, it breaks up the outline better than black in most daylight situations. Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.

Uncas47
01-29-24, 15:51
I guess I'm just dumb.

henri
01-29-24, 16:17
What is so special about the 19X ? I really don't know. The color ? sights? What makes it seriously different from a standard G19 or G45?

Uncas47
01-29-24, 16:47
What is so special about the 19X ? I really don't know. The color ? sights? What makes it seriously different from a standard G19 or G45?
I just like it, it's only special to me. Anyway it's my blaster and I don't give a shit if it offends anybody.

eric0311
01-29-24, 18:32
I’m not sure how/why… but my 19X had the smoothest trigger, with no creep or grittiness, of any Gen5 Glock that I’ve fired… and it had phenomenal accuracy. It should’ve come with the MOS option upon its initial release.

Bret
01-29-24, 19:13
Why is an FDE gun dumber than any other color? If nothing else, it breaks up the outline better than black in most daylight situations. Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.
It's not dumber than any other color. Pink or purple would be worse. Among the colors that are typically offered, it's the worse. It's not camo, unless you're at the beach or perhaps in the desert. If you're trying to hide in the dark, it's easier to see. Really, it just comes down to personal preference. I don't like it, but don't take issue with anyone who does. It just reinforces that I have better taste than most people. :D What I do take issue with is when a company offers a good gun like this, but doesn't offer it in OD Green.

kerplode
01-29-24, 20:12
I have four additional thoughts to add:
- I have an Osprey, so I don't need no stinkin' suppressor-height sights
- Pistol suppressors are still dumb
- OD is the best non-pink color for a handgun
- Buy whatever makes you happy. It doesn't matter to me.

Thank you and you're welcome.

robbins290
01-31-24, 13:23

When I was looking for a 19X or 45. The 19x was cheaper, came with night sights and had 2 19 rounds vs just 3 17 rounds. So night nights for a cheaper price? what's not to like? And I ended up loving the color AS most of my guns get blasted anyways.

Texaspoff
01-31-24, 14:25
I'm sure they will sell all they can make, but it's really just a different color lipstick on the same pig.

TXPO

jesuvuah
01-31-24, 17:03
I have a better version of this. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240131/cc386cb6e9fa6e08f9eea318e7d124f2.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

CrowCommand
01-31-24, 19:28
What I do take issue with is when a company offers a good gun like this, but doesn't offer it in OD Green.

Ok, I can jive with this…ODG master race.

CrowCommand
01-31-24, 19:30
I have a better version of this. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240131/cc386cb6e9fa6e08f9eea318e7d124f2.jpg

Sure, just don’t look at it wrong or it’ll go off [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jesuvuah
01-31-24, 19:33
Sure, just don’t look at it wrong or it’ll go off [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat is not a p320. It is a p226 mk25. If a DA pistol manages to go off by itself physics is up to trouble.

NoVA5326
02-01-24, 13:52
19x looks good, front slide serrations wouldn't suck.