PDA

View Full Version : Non-ARs for collection before State AWB

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-24, 17:01
After Bruen, I thought the mag and AWB law would fall a lot faster than they have. I’m starting to wonder if they’ll be able to outlast Thomas on the court. We are also looking at getting an AWB here in CO as a last gasp/grab virtue signal. Plus, if Trump doesn’t win who knows what will happen.

I’ve got ARs. Pretty much just did ARs (AR10s) and never really branched out, but if I might not have the option of Semiauto rifles in the future, what should I look at? I have ARs for every possible game and serious activity. I have MP5 in various forms. Other than that, a complete newbie, not even an AK. I was brand loyal.

Prefer new, but will buy used.

What I don’t have is full ambi ARs. Got close on LMTs, are there better?
A good AK.
Non-DI AR? HK416?

Outside of that, what should a good rifle collection look like, say with $10-12k to spend. Not really looking for ‘collectible’ versions, but representative of technology.

Like for cameras, for Canon’s I have:
F1N
A1
T90
5DII
1DIII
1DXII
5Dsr
I can tell a story of the development of SLRs with those cameras.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-28-24, 18:33
Here is how I would spend your money. Lots of stuff that would easily be banned by an Executive order but all is available new and for reasonable prices and will probably never get cheaper.

1. Steyr Aug (Iconic and currently supported). 1600 Takes AR mags (although I prefer original mags). Very cool
2. Beryl AK (real import in .556 so you don't have to get the now pricey ak ammo). 1600 Takes Beryl mags but they are avail right now.
3. X95 IWI $1700 Takes AR mags, 556
4. Scar P (Currently around 2699) Genuine Belgian SCAR (probably need Brace or SBR). Best Value in Scar and actual import.
5. Hellion VHS. Very accurate and Cool bulpup. Legit import. 1650

All of these are good choices and will have warranty support unlike looking for old Russian guns or pre 89 stuff

Korgs130
01-28-24, 20:49
My list are guns that you can find instock right now:

1. AUG/A3M1: It’s a really fun gun. Waffle mags are the way to go vs STANAG mag IMHO

3. DSA FAL (SA58 BUSH WARRIOR CARBINE): Classic FAL Paratrooper 50.63 style with folding stock

4. PSAK47

5. B&T APC9 Pro or K

PeteMe
01-29-24, 02:09
1. AK
2. HK type roller lock
3. FAL
4. AUG
5. SCAR L or H
6. M1A

ryr8828
01-29-24, 06:52
After Bruen, I thought the mag and AWB law would fall a lot faster than they have. I’m starting to wonder if they’ll be able to outlast Thomas on the court. We are also looking at getting an AWB here in CO as a last gasp/grab virtue signal. Plus, if Trump doesn’t win who knows what will happen.

I’ve got ARs. Pretty much just did ARs (AR10s) and never really branched out, but if I might not have the option of Semiauto rifles in the future, what should I look at? I have ARs for every possible game and serious activity. I have MP5 in various forms. Other than that, a complete newbie, not even an AK. I was brand loyal.

Prefer new, but will buy used.

What I don’t have is full ambi ARs. Got close on LMTs, are there better?
A good AK.
Non-DI AR? HK416?

Outside of that, what should a good rifle collection look like, say with $10-12k to spend. Not really looking for ‘collectible’ versions, but representative of technology.

Like for cameras, for Canon’s I have:
F1N
A1
T90
5DII
1DIII
1DXII
5Dsr
I can tell a story of the development of SLRs with those cameras.

You wanting stuff to actually use, or just to look at?

Our new awb in IL doesn't even allow me to buy parts for my many ar's and also requires I register them. I refuse to register them so I had to bring them all to my winter spot in Florida and it wasn't an easy job loading and hauling them down. I'm glad I didn't have more. I had sold 6 or 7 before the law went into effect.

ryr8828
01-29-24, 06:55
Here is how I would spend your money. Lots of stuff that would easily be banned by an Executive order but all is available new and for reasonable prices and will probably never get cheaper.

1. Steyr Aug (Iconic and currently supported). 1600 Takes AR mags (although I prefer original mags). Very cool
2. Beryl AK (real import in .556 so you don't have to get the now pricey ak ammo). 1600 Takes Beryl mags but they are avail right now.
3. X95 IWI $1700 Takes AR mags, 556
4. Scar P (Currently around 2699) Genuine Belgian SCAR (probably need Brace or SBR). Best Value in Scar and actual import.
5. Hellion VHS. Very accurate and Cool bulpup. Legit import. 1650

All of these are good choices and will have warranty support unlike looking for old Russian guns or pre 89 stuff

I have a scar17 and love it.

For the life of me though I can't figure out why someone would lay out almost 3 grand for a 7.5" 5.56 pistol, no matter what the name on it is.
If you want something that's similar to a flamethrower there are a lot cheaper options.

pinzgauer
01-29-24, 09:44
As a child of the Cold war it would have to be:

1) classic FAL pattern

2) G3/91 HK roller lock

3) classic AK (or variant) carbine fixed stock

4) AR-10 rifle'ish config

5) M-16A1 config 5.56

The above covers the majority of modern longarm in widespread use from the late '60s to the turn of the century and really beyond.

If you could find a decent one a classic M14 with Mil parts would be appropriate. But it's getting very hard and expensive to find and they really weren't that big of a part of modern mil light arms progression. And are very expensive for the functionality you would get.

An AR 180 would be a good addition if you could find one.

As would an AKM pattern.

None of them should be modernized (pic rails and short barrels, etc.).

If you haven't before, handle/shoot a H&K roller lock or FAL even in original configuration, then handle a classic M14.

The M14 feels like a blunderbuss compared to the FAL and h&k.

Bret
01-29-24, 09:53
You've made the assumption that the leftist legislators, executives and judges will follow Supreme Court rulings. This will not happen. While our side follows laws and court rulings that are contrary to the Constitution, the leftists place no such limits on themselves. Even if Trump wins (which isn't likely), who knows what he'll do. He's already shown that he'll throw us under the bus.

HKGuns
01-29-24, 10:09
You've made the assumption that the leftist legislators, executives and judges will follow Supreme Court rulings. This will not happen. While our side follows laws and court rulings that are contrary to the Constitution, the leftists place no such limits on themselves. Even if Trump wins (which isn't likely), who knows what he'll do. He's already shown that he'll throw us under the bus.

If the rule of law is dead for them, it is also dead for us. Game on Bitches.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-29-24, 12:39
You wanting stuff to actually use, or just to look at?

Our new awb in IL doesn't even allow me to buy parts for my many ar's and also requires I register them. I refuse to register them so I had to bring them all to my winter spot in Florida and it wasn't an easy job loading and hauling them down. I'm glad I didn't have more. I had sold 6 or 7 before the law went into effect.

The AR platform pretty much does everything pretty well, so for most uses, I'd be using an AR. This is just more of a 'cool to have' before I can't get. ALong the lines of my HK PSP and MP5s. What guns can I get now that I might not be able to get later. I have worried about 'death sentence' restrictions, and frankly CO hasn't gone totally crazy- and the current laws are poorly enforced. If I live here in 10 years, I'll be very surprised. But I'll deal with that if it comes.

I think, baring something happening to Thomas, we'll get a bright red line ruling on these. Sure, they can screw around the edges, but there is still a lot of western/libertarian here that flavors somethings. I just worry more about DEnver going full stupid fast, or really the DAs dropping the hammer on anyone that actually defends themselves.

But that is all secondary a gear question- something I can control.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-30-24, 00:20
I have a scar17 and love it.

For the life of me though I can't figure out why someone would lay out almost 3 grand for a 7.5" 5.56 pistol, no matter what the name on it is.
If you want something that's similar to a flamethrower there are a lot cheaper options.

Well, for one it is nearly $1000 bucks cheaper than a SCAR 17 right now and it is made in Belgium. It is the cheapest and most likely to be banned SCAR around. If we were being practical this would be yet another 1. Buy a Glock 19 and 2. Buy a 6920 or similar but he is looking to expand his collection into weirdness.

Bret
01-30-24, 08:30
I got mine for just under $2,500. I then bought the SCAR-SC collapsable buttstock for $500 from Arms Unlimited. Add to this the cost of the stamp and engraving and I ended up at about $3,250. That's a chunk for sure, but my guess is that they won't be in the market for long. I don't limit my purchases by what's practical or best. That said, in theory it's a better option for guys like the IDF going through tunnels than the SCAR 17 would be. It handles well, but I do wish the barrel was a bit longer.

kerplode
01-30-24, 10:33
Looks pretty for sure that we'll get an AWB in NM this session. What's pending is a carbon copy of the GOSAFE Act which will ban almost every gas-operated centerfire semi-auto as well as transfers of NFA machineguns. I think Garands and maybe SKSs survive. Anyway, possession of currently owned items is prohibited unless they're registered with the state and even then they'll only be allowed to be possessed on private property or at an "official shooting range". No more hunting with them. No more shooting on public land. Grandfathered items can only ever be transferred to a "direct family member" or out of state.

I'm over hoping Bruen will fix anything. Once this shit is passed, it's here for good. The Dems will tie shit up until they can stack the court then it's payback time for Roe...

Anyway, I bought an AUG. I have most of the rest covered except an HK roller-locked rifle (Blowback is a form of gas-operation you know...) but I don't really want an HK roller-locked rifle.

Edit: I kinda also want a Desert Eagle (gas operated = banned), but I don't think I'll be able to pull that off before the time runs out. Oh well. Probably no reason to spend money on shit that'll have to go into hiding before I can even find time to test fire it...

czgunner
01-30-24, 11:58
Consider a VZ-58. Light, accurate, robust.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

buckshot1220
01-30-24, 19:58
In no particular order;

If you aren't head over heels for the SCAR, but want something of the folding stock, piston variety I'm pretty fond of my CZ Bren 2 MS.

I don't have a M1A, but I've gotten close a few times. If I were in your current situation, it would probably be my first purchase.

I'm a big AK guy. If you don't want to look for second hand pre-89 imports (Kassnar, Norinco, Polytech, Maadi) you might add a current and easily available AK to the collection;
Arsenal SAM5 (5.56) or SAM7 (7.62) - both are milled.
Arsenal SLR105/107 (5.56/7.62) - no longer imported, but can still find them on GB. Stamped variety.
Polish Beryl (by FB Radom) - available in both calibers also. Super fit/finish quality for an AK. Known quality military supplier.
WBP (Polish) - not a mil supplier, but reviews seem good and uses the FB Radom barrel. I do not own this one so just passing info along.
Zastava (Yugo) ZPAP - most economical of the current imports. They are certainly a little different than your average AK (heavy receiver, barrel and trunnion), but unmistakenly AK based. I don't own one of these either.

I know this is about semi-auto rifles, but what about a Benelli M4/M2 Tactical or Beretta 1301? A good semi-auto tactical type shotgun is always good to have around.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-31-24, 09:32
Thanks for all the input. I’ve owned M1As and Garands, but traded them away. I focused on Ar15s and 556. To be honest, I don’t know how many ARs I own considering almost all of them were built up lowers on complete uppers, and I started to dabble in building uppers. For awhile I’d just buy a lower whenever I went to the LGS, and I find LPKs and unfinished lowers all over my house…. I also did get some Autoloading shotguns after doing 3gun with a what I remember as a 50 round shotgun stage… (that doesn’t seem right, but sweet Jesus it was actually tiring). Handguns, I’ve been all around those. It’s just I stuck with ARs and glass.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I think Thomas is going to uncork on these lower courts this summer. It will be what, 2years since Bruen and how long since McDonald and these states and courts are still playing FA. About time they got a judicial FO.

m4brian
02-02-24, 08:37
Some decent AKs exist for $1K or under. DRACOs for one which are 'right sized' for the weapon. You can fully outfit for $1200. And... there are Yugos and Polish guns not that much more. No, it is no longer the 'golden age' for AKs. (But ironically AK accessories are indeed VERY good and very available - now that they are more expensive).

Also, while AK ammo is not cheap like it was, it is now about the same as 5.56.

OhThatGuy
02-04-24, 10:18
https://i.ibb.co/HCb3gK1/IMG-2017.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

PriseDeFer
02-13-24, 21:35
Get yourself a levergun, or a pump. Maybe a wood stocked Ruger Mini14 Ranch, but they may take that too. Nothing black, nothing tacticool. If you have a bolt gun get iron sights for it in case a scope makes it a sniper rifle. Alarmist? Maybe.

titsonritz
02-13-24, 23:13
I’ve always wanted an FNC.

SteyrAUG
02-14-24, 00:10
I’ve always wanted an FNC.

https://i.imgur.com/C64v7fl.jpg

titsonritz
02-14-24, 19:44
https://i.imgur.com/C64v7fl.jpg

That is a sweet unit right there.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-24, 15:54
Ugh, and they are working on an AWB for CO. Hasn't made the wide news yet. A-holes.

SteyrAUG
02-17-24, 20:07
Ugh, and they are working on an AWB for CO. Hasn't made the wide news yet. A-holes.

You haven't seen this coming since the magazine ban?

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-18-24, 13:06
You haven't seen this coming since the magazine ban?

Oh, yes. They tried to do an AWB last few years but Pole-smoker wanted a 'clean' state look and not political drama for him to be VP. I really did think that Bruen methodology would be adopted faster. We have local 'separation' and a local town tried to put an AWB in place and the Federal judge put it on hold pending cases like MD, CA and others. That was at least a year ago. If I had to guess, the AWB will get pushed back while the CCW and some others get passed. Just a guess.

I frankly have more ARs and goodies than I know what to do with and that is along with some for my son. As a collector and gear head, I thought I might branch out. While the AWB doesn't have a registry (now), we are a UBC state though, there is odd language in the bill that makes it sound like you can never sell the AWs you have. Obviously, sales are not allowed, but we can't tell if that is just odd wording to keep family transers down, or a literal 'die with it' with out the ability to sell it, even through an FFL to another state.

Bret
02-18-24, 14:47
I really did think that Bruen methodology would be adopted faster.
In case you haven't figured it out, the majority of the leftist judges do not care on bit about Bruen or any other precedent. They may get overturned, but they don't care and they know that the Supreme Court can't take every case. You should not be surprised by this as they're the same people that can find abortion and gay marriage in the Constitution but can't find the right to firearm ownership.

SteyrAUG
02-18-24, 15:19
Oh, yes. They tried to do an AWB last few years but Pole-smoker wanted a 'clean' state look and not political drama for him to be VP. I really did think that Bruen methodology would be adopted faster. We have local 'separation' and a local town tried to put an AWB in place and the Federal judge put it on hold pending cases like MD, CA and others. That was at least a year ago. If I had to guess, the AWB will get pushed back while the CCW and some others get passed. Just a guess.

I frankly have more ARs and goodies than I know what to do with and that is along with some for my son. As a collector and gear head, I thought I might branch out. While the AWB doesn't have a registry (now), we are a UBC state though, there is odd language in the bill that makes it sound like you can never sell the AWs you have. Obviously, sales are not allowed, but we can't tell if that is just odd wording to keep family transers down, or a literal 'die with it' with out the ability to sell it, even through an FFL to another state.

If you own them in CO, you should be able to move out of state with them, which means you should be able to sell them out of state. This crap they keep coming up with is just insane. But with the massive influx of CA crazies, you guys were screwed from the start. Talk about political gentrification.

kerplode
02-19-24, 10:01

My cursory reading of pending CO AWB leads me to believe that you could sell/move them out of state but they could never be transferred to anyone in state including family members. But there's currently no registration in the bill.

The NM thing we're fixin' to get shoved down our throats via special session will allow transfers between "immediate family members", however all included firearms will need to be registered with the state in order to be legally processed in the first place. If you do transfer to an "immediate family member" they have 7 days to update the registry. Since everyone is related in this state, you could theoretically move something to more or less anyone using the "7 degrees of Kevin Bacon" method.

So yeah, both will become law, both will suck in their own way, and both will be in place for years if not forever.

kerplode
02-19-24, 10:18
But with the massive influx of CA crazies, you guys were screwed from the start. Talk about political gentrification.

The moment CO went mail-in-by-default back in 2013 it was game over.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-20-24, 01:21
If you own them in CO, you should be able to move out of state with them, which means you should be able to sell them out of state. This crap they keep coming up with is just insane. But with the massive influx of CA crazies, you guys were screwed from the start. Talk about political gentrification.

Even the wife is on board for getting out. Daughter has a new boyfriend whose family is also looking at moving soon too. Just met him and he started talking guns, I was like- "Really, tell me more this 6.5 Creedwater?". My wife and daughter shifted the convo. My daughter brings home these doe-eyed conservative boys, and trades them out too fast...

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-20-24, 01:36
PS90 Standard worth a nod?

Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO a good example? Saw one locally.

What's the best-of-breed of the new 9mm carbines?

kerplode
02-20-24, 10:15
PS90 Standard worth a nod?

I like my PS90...Interesting design and fun to shoot. Ammo's pretty spendy, though, so at this point it's more of a safe queen than anything.

I'll assume you have a way to source the good mags...It's just not quite as cool with 10rd mags.

I'm not up on the latest in 9mm carbines. Both of the ones I own are kinda meh and I don't really shoot them all that much. I'd rather shoot my 10/22 than a 9mm carbine if I'm being completely honest.

Bret
02-20-24, 10:39
Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO a good example? Saw one locally.
They're good rifle, though they are heavy. Here's a good thread discussing parts kits through the current Zastava USA offerings.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?228065-Zastava-M90-5-56-AK

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-20-24, 11:45
I like my PS90...Interesting design and fun to shoot. Ammo's pretty spendy, though, so at this point it's more of a safe queen than anything.

I'll assume you have a way to source the good mags...It's just not quite as cool with 10rd mags.

I'm not up on the latest in 9mm carbines. Both of the ones I own are kinda meh and I don't really shoot them all that much. I'd rather shoot my 10/22 than a 9mm carbine if I'm being completely honest.

I have a HK SP5 'full size' and a Mp5K clone, I think a LGS has an actual SP5K. Spendy, like SCAR spendy, for a gun i 'have', but not a real one.

I keep forgetting about the mag issue that I already have being in CO- limited to 15 for new guns.

I love 22lr. Have MP5 clones, and ARs set up for 22lr- and I BANG THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM! I agree, for the range 22lr over 9mm for fun, outside of competitions where a 9m carbine is the minimum.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-26-24, 08:24
Well so far:
Sig Speer LT, 16 inch 556
Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO
CZ Bren 18inch Pistol

Sig was kind of an Impulse buy and more of a ‘end point AR’ platform. Thanks for the Zastava point out, and I’ve been looking at Brens for awhile. It’s funny how I’m not particularly brand loyal, but I end up with SIG and CZ guns a lot of the time.

Local store has a SCAR H NRCH, but the Bren kind of fills that void, and I rarely shoot my LMT MWS because of ammo cost anyways. Really want an HK53 after watching Grarand Thumbs recent vid, and filling a Roller-delayed rifle to check a box. Maybe a FAL. Son wants me to get a Galil.

Might just dump some money into RMGO, but I’m not a huge fan of Dudley.

kerplode
02-27-24, 19:42
Well so far:
CZ Bren 18inch Pistol

Excellent choices!

Maybe a FAL.

Yeah, man, FALs are sweet. I have a couple...Love them both.

Save some room in the budget for a pair of short shorts so you can play Rhodesian Commando.

I’m not a huge fan of Dudley.

I feel ya on that one. Probably still worth tossing RMGO a couple bucks, though.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-01-24, 10:22
I thought I'd blow a guy for meth before I'd donate to RMGO/Dudley. I guess it will be the opposite order... Funny, I look at the membership as a negative, not a positive. I'd rather that dog just hunt.

kerplode
03-01-24, 19:53
Lol, yeah, I'd rather not have the membership as well. I wasn't ever a member, but they emailed me relentlessly for like two years and the only think I could think of that happened was I wrote one of the Repub reps and he gave them my email.

If you could just slide them $50 and go "Here, go do some good with this and pretty please try not to be a sociopath in the process" that really would be best. But alas...

The other option is to go hard on Second Amendment Foundation for the post-enactment legal battle.

bsank
03-02-24, 07:53
This is a good thread for thought. Depressing, but a reality for some at the state level.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-02-24, 08:25
Lol, yeah, I'd rather not have the membership as well. I wasn't ever a member, but they emailed me relentlessly for like two years and the only think I could think of that happened was I wrote one of the Repub reps and he gave them my email.

If you could just slide them $50 and go "Here, go do some good with this and pretty please try not to be a sociopath in the process" that really would be best. But alas...

The other option is to go hard on Second Amendment Foundation for the post-enactment legal battle.

That’s kind of where I am. RMGO has done some lawsuit stuff on local stuff when we lost pre-emption. I wish I had enough money to give to Dudley to make a real mess out of this, but I did a lifetime membership, and when the lawsuits come, I’ll see who I like best.

If you are getting that some of us don’t like the leader of RMGO, Dudley, after the 15 round mag limit around 2010, we had an opportunity to get 30 rounders legal, but Dudley. Threatened any GOPer with a primary fight if they supported it. It was incremental, but it would have been a win for the out-state people. Maybe it would have eventually been thrown out seeing how the state is going, but it was a neat turn-around of the left’s tactic of incrementalism. THe ‘all or nothing’ model works for these crisis groups who need the problem to continue for fundraising.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-04-24, 09:38
Well so far:
CZ Bren 18inch Pistol

Sig was kind of an Impulse buy and more of a ‘end point AR’ platform. Thanks for the Zastava point out, and I’ve been looking at Brens for awhile. It’s funny how I’m not particularly brand loyal, but I end up with SIG and CZ guns a lot of the time.

Local store has a SCAR H NRCH, but the Bren kind of fills that void, and I rarely shoot my LMT MWS because of ammo cost anyways. Really want an HK53 after watching Grarand Thumbs recent vid, and filling a Roller-delayed rifle to check a box. Maybe a FAL. Son wants me to get a Galil.

Might just dump some money into RMGO, but I’m not a huge fan of Dudley.

I told my son that I was looking at these three rifles and asked him which one I should get- and then when he came over I surprised him with all three! Were both pretty unfamiliar with AKs and tripping the 556 mag is a bit hit or miss. Seems like the mag release needs to be a bit longer? Of the Bren and Sig, he really liked both- but would grab the Sig first.

Already put a rail and folding charging handle on the Bren. Hope to get all three out this week. I cleaned the Bren and cocked it up re-assembling it, but eventually figured it out.

TED
03-18-24, 19:44
Steyr AUG.

You need one.

You'll thank me.

You're welcome.

Fuzzy-Reticle
04-03-24, 08:00
Here is what I picked up recently.
Green Hellion
DD Mk12
Sig 716i

Waiting on a AP5-P but I’ll grab a full size AP5 if that comes in first

Ron3
04-05-24, 11:11
AUG
Tavor X95
Tavor 7
Mini-14 or Mini-14 Tactical (blued, stainless, 5.56, .300 blk, and 7.62x39 available) AT-M folding stock blued / stainless ($300) & Ruger mags ($22-$30) should be grabbed, too.

Consider a .50 BMG.

TriggerFish
04-05-24, 13:07
https://i.imgur.com/y4oKLb6.jpg

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-08-24, 01:07
We'll see on the timing to see if I can get an AUG. The CZ, SPEER LT, and AK kind of tapped me out, especially when it comes as I'm getting a new car later this month.

Haven't shot the SPEER or the AK, but that CZ 445/11inch is pretty slick. Just have irons on all three right now. Going to decide on optics later, or move some others around. Might keep the AK with just irons, a holo for the BREN and some LVPO for the 16inch SPEER.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-24-24, 14:45
Well, word is that the ban is being put off for a year. Enough other bad new guns laws to keep the black heart at Giffords happy.

I do need that Styer Aug so I can have a full approximation of the “Die Hard” movie guns…

The ban, which will probably be back next year, also went after threaded barrel handguns too. So there is that to explore.

Bret
04-24-24, 15:06
Elections are coming up. They know that many gun owners have short memories.

m4brian
04-25-24, 12:30
Elections are coming up. They know that many gun owners have short memories.

and.. the lies of the left are widely held even by many on the right because of the constant and relentless media which is a preacher for the left.