PDA

View Full Version : Blued Python

1_click_off
01-30-24, 20:26
Looking at some videos from SHOT and looks like Colt decided to offer the Python blued. Very interested if any of you pick one up or handle one to compare the blue to the older ones.

Sam
01-30-24, 21:44
Don't like the three vents on top of the 4.25" barrel. Why didn't they put the normal 2 vents like they put on the stainless model?

Heavyweight
02-02-24, 07:35
Don't like the three vents on top of the 4.25" barrel. Why didn't they put the normal 2 vents like they put on the stainless model?

They have them in stock at Grabagun…..looks like only two vents in their stock photo….,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1_click_off
02-02-24, 08:02
They have them in stock at Grabagun…..looks like only two vents in their stock photo….,

They even have 24k gold plated Pythons!!!! What on earth????

Alpha-17
02-02-24, 08:49
Interesting. I wonder what this will do to the value of original blued Pythons?

1_click_off
02-02-24, 09:04
Interesting. I wonder what this will do to the value of original blued Pythons?

I look at them as two different firearms. I just don’t see any relevance in basing a value off of one vs the other. But that is just my view. The old python’s are collectibles no matter what they do now. Just like the companies offering new retro mustangs and broncos. The old ones are in their own market place.

Heavyweight
02-02-24, 09:36
I look at them as two different firearms. I just don’t see any relevance in basing a value off of one vs the other. But that is just my view. The old python’s are collectibles no matter what they do now. Just like the companies offering new retro mustangs and broncos. The old ones are in their own market place.

Totally agree. I bought the new 3” stainless version because I wanted one to shoot. Colt (or should I say CZ) seems to have gotten it right.

One of my biggest regrets is trading my original Python that I got around 1988. IMHO the new Python is functionally better than the original, looks fantastic and is much more affordable. But there will always be the collector crowd wanting the original.

1_click_off
02-02-24, 13:07
Totally agree. I bought the new 3” stainless version because I wanted one to shoot. Colt (or should I say CZ) seems to have gotten it right.

One of my biggest regrets is trading my original Python that I got around 1988. IMHO the new Python is functionally better than the original, looks fantastic and is much more affordable. But there will always be the collector crowd wanting the original.

Two things I wish they would have brought over from the original. First, the big knurled hammer spur. So much prefer my old to new on that.
Second, the crane to grip geometry. I canÂ’t use my old speed loaders on my 2020.

Heavyweight
02-02-24, 16:03
Two things I wish they would have brought over from the original. First, the big knurled hammer spur. So much prefer my old to new on that.
Second, the crane to grip geometry. I canÂ’t use my old speed loaders on my 2020.

I have small hands so I like service/panel grips. So with that change my speed loaders work well. But to be honest most of the time if I’m carrying a revolver I just throw a couple of speed strips in my pocket.