PDA

View Full Version : BCM forge markings?

Grendelshooter
01-31-24, 19:39
I would post a picture but all mine are always too large for this website so please bear with me.
I’ve stumbled across an upper I didn’t know I had. It is marked with a stamped “BCM4” above the gas tube hole in the upper, and has a recessed star-within-circle forge mark that I haven’t been able to find a reference to.
Is this a legit BCM forge mark? I have one that I am absolutely certain is a BCM Blem upper with no forge mark, and “BCM4
••” stamped above the gas tube port.

Curious? I figured they procured from multiple OEMs but I’ve never seen this forge marking.

Edit: I’ve tried posting pics from my phone and NOTHING works, what am I missing here?

Rifleman_04
01-31-24, 20:09
Yeah it’s legit. The BCM blem upper I ordered a couple weeks ago direct from BCM has that new deep recessed star forge mark.

Grendelshooter
01-31-24, 20:32
Awesome, thanks much!

Stickman
02-01-24, 09:42
I would post a picture but all mine are always too large for this website so please bear with me.
I’ve stumbled across an upper I didn’t know I had. It is marked with a stamped “BCM4” above the gas tube hole in the upper, and has a recessed star-within-circle forge mark that I haven’t been able to find a reference to.
Is this a legit BCM forge mark? I have one that I am absolutely certain is a BCM Blem upper with no forge mark, and “BCM4
••” stamped above the gas tube port.

Curious? I figured they procured from multiple OEMs but I’ve never seen this forge marking.

Edit: I’ve tried posting pics from my phone and NOTHING works, what am I missing here?

Upload your images to a free hosting website like Tumblr, then post the link here. Its not difficult, and once you have done it a few times it is super quick and simple.

Just a slightly educated guess in regards to your question, but I still see split A forgings as well as the BCM star forgings, both which are fulfilling the same purpose. I wouldn't want people to start thinking they are getting a fake if they see something other than a star.

markm
02-01-24, 10:10
If it's a red star, it's chinese. JUST KIDDING!!!

m4luvr
02-01-24, 12:35
i have a pair of bcm sling swivels with the star on the button - they disappeared suddenly on their website

titsonritz
02-01-24, 13:43
Look at star, smile and wait for flash.

https://i.imgur.com/j05f8RF.jpg