PDA

View Full Version : TCN Putin Interview

HKGuns
02-08-24, 21:03
If you haven't watched it, you should. All of it. (I did and it was fascinating to listen to the other side.)

Tucker did a great job,

Putin seem authentic, thoughtful and somewhat of a history buff.

What are YOUR thoughts after watching it? I won't poison the well much more at this point.

https://youtu.be/fOCWBhuDdDo?si=qM_eIMdx8SokxcBl

prepare
02-09-24, 03:51
Confirms what Jeffery Sachs has been saying for decades especially concerning the US promise not to expand NATO.

History is much more significant in Russia and Europe considering how far back border wars go in the region. Compared to America's short 248 years and given our geography.

American government is suffering from institutional inbreeding...they are so indoctrinated and entirely bought into their own propaganda. American gov is stuck in its full spectrum domination, expansion, control, and is everything it accuses Russia of being.

While US politicians are holding onto their cold war mentality, Russia (and many other countries ) have moved on and adapted/adapting to the changing geopolitical environment.

The government mainstream media continually pushes the Russian invasion narrative while totally ignoring the US lead expansion/overthrow of the Ukrainian president in 2014. They continue to push the invasion of Ukraine narrative as a Russian conquest when in fact it's a liberation.

Given our current state of affairs Tucker Carlson is probably in grave danger for doing the interview.

HKGuns
02-09-24, 08:34
Kind of hard to fathom only one response to what is probably the scoop of the year.

Putin's best quote:
"For some reason, everyone had the illusion that Russia could be defeated on the battlefield. Because of arrogance, because of a pure heart, but not because of a great mind."

gaijin
02-09-24, 08:56
Can’t say I was surprised. “We” seem to have always sold Putin short and just regurgitated our own propaganda.
Hell, when Barry was in office, orchestrating the initial phases of ruining our Nation I’d remark to buds that I’d prefer to see Putin running our Nation.

Artos
02-09-24, 08:59
Some thoughts from TC post interview.

https://twitter.com/liz_churchill10/status/1755955864999956730

Alpha-17
02-09-24, 09:12
The clips I've seen aren't exactly looking good for Putin. Blaming Poland for Hitler invading in '39, and implying that any country can invade to claim territory that was once theirs.

Averageman
02-09-24, 09:23
I'm not sure why after the fall of Communisim in Russia, we didn't try and help them a little more.
Instead it's as if we needed to punish them for the whole Cold War thing.
I just think allowing full on investment and Capitalism inside Russia by American Companies might have been a good thing (with limits).
I also remember our people going in to their Nuclear weapons stations and dismateling a lot of jacked nukes that would never have launched anyway.

It's just weird to me that we can't get along.

HKGuns
02-09-24, 09:27
The clips I've seen aren't exactly looking good for Putin. Blaming Poland for Hitler invading in '39, and implying that any country can invade to claim territory that was once theirs.

You really need to watch the entire interview so all of that is in context.

Putin comes right out and admits he wants peace and had a deal in progress until UK Boris stepped in and told Ukraine not to sign. Then today OUR Senate passes more funding for the unwinnable war in Ukraine when "our" opponent wants a peaceful solution.

Someone please tell me how this is smart or even a good use of our money?

HKGuns
02-09-24, 09:35
I'm not sure why after the fall of Communisim in Russia, we didn't try and help them a little more.
Instead it's as if we needed to punish them for the whole Cold War thing.
I just think allowing full on investment and Capitalism inside Russia by American Companies might have been a good thing (with limits).
I also remember our people going in to their Nuclear weapons stations and dismateling a lot of jacked nukes that would never have launched anyway.

It's just weird to me that we can't get along.

There are really only a couple of rational explanations for our constant rebuking of their advances to strengthen the relationship. He spent a lot of time discussing the various instances where they wanted to work together with us and we shut them down.

- Isn't good business for the Defense industry (Negative me thinks this is the case)
- People don't change easily and getting over the 40 year boogeyman is hard

Averageman
02-09-24, 10:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKigbrcGNg
Five Key Moments.

Det-Sog
02-09-24, 10:56
I'm not sure why after the fall of Communisim in Russia, we didn't try and help them a little more. Instead it's as if we needed to punish them for the whole Cold War thing. just think allowing full on investment and Capitalism inside Russia by American Companies might have been a good thing (with limits). I also remember our people going in to their Nuclear weapons stations and dismateling a lot of jacked nukes that would never have launched anyway. It's just weird to me that we can't get along.

An old Cold War, veteran chiming in here. I went into the army under Ronald Reagan to fight the red threat. When the Soviet union fell, that went away and I ended up getting out. That said, I'll highlight what I bolded in your post. Here's my take having a front row seat at what happened.

The USSR disbanded. We all thought that we were going to have good relations with Russia. There was no reason for us not to. Boris Yeltsin wanted normal relations and offered a full olive branch. He was snubbed by the "deep state". I've been saying my entire adult life that Russia wasn't the big threat China was. But we've never done anything. When the Cold War ended, we could've shaken hands with Russia and started trade. Maybe keep them at arms length, but tensions should've mostly gone away. IMHO, NATO should have been DISBANDED in 1992, but it expanded and keep expanding. WHY?

Eisenhower was right. The military industrial complex has turned into a cabal and basically taken over our country with thousands of un-elected government employees that work for multiple alphabet agencies. It's a multi billion dollar business and there are tens of thousands of jobs at stake. We need a bad guy. Not a small one, but a big one. The USSR always filled that niche. This became doubly, so once we whor*d ourselves out to China, and basically became their b*tch.

Follow the money. Peace is not profitable. One of the reasons Trump was forced out is because the cabal was going to lose billions of dollars. Like the man or not, if he was still in the border would mostly be closed and we wouldn't be wasting all of this money in Ukraine. It's all about the money and power.

Do I trust Putin, and believe everything he says? No, absolutely not. There was however, a lot of truth in what he said, and you've just got to read between the lines.

Just look at what this system has given us. For God sakes, we've got a president that can hide his own Easter eggs. Who's calling the shots up at the White House? I don't think anyone really knows.

glocktogo
02-09-24, 11:31
Confirms what Jeffery Sachs has been saying for decades especially concerning the US promise not to expand NATO.

History is much more significant in Russia and Europe considering how far back border wars go in the region. Compared to America's short 248 years and given our geography.

American government is suffering from institutional inbreeding...they are so indoctrinated and entirely bought into their own propaganda. American gov is stuck in its full spectrum domination, expansion, control, and is everything it accuses Russia of being.

While US politicians are holding onto their cold war mentality, Russia (and many other countries ) have moved on and adapted/adapting to the changing geopolitical environment.

The government mainstream media continually pushes the Russian invasion narrative while totally ignoring the US lead expansion/overthrow of the Ukrainian president in 2014. They continue to push the invasion of Ukraine narrative as a Russian conquest when in fact it's a liberation.

Given our current state of affairs Tucker Carlson is probably in grave danger for doing the interview.

It's guaranteed the FBI has an open, active file on him.

titsonritz
02-09-24, 12:46
Hell, when Barry was in office, orchestrating the initial phases of ruining our Nation I’d remark to buds that I’d prefer to see Putin running our Nation.

I’ve also maintained Putin is better for his country than Zero or FJB is for theirs.

I’m about half way through the interview and much as expected NATO moving eastward was the tipping point on Ukraine.

WillBrink
02-09-24, 17:38
I watched it. As expected, didn't hear anything I didn't expect to hear. The legacy media is losing their mind over Tucker doing it, so there's that.

glocktogo
02-09-24, 19:12
I watched it. As expected, didn't hear anything I didn't expect to hear. The legacy media is losing their mind over Tucker doing it, so there's that.

The legacy media is perpetually incensed that at 71, Putin is more intelligent and shrewd than Biden was on the best day of his entire life.

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-09-24, 22:21
Those two double-talking scumbags deserve each other. My favorite part was when Putin mocked Tucker's failed attempt to get a job at the CIA. So much for sucking up Tucker.

I will say, it was nice of Tucker to at least mention the WSJ reporter Putin is holding hostage.

Todd.K
02-10-24, 00:01
… much as expected NATO moving eastward was the tipping point on Ukraine.

He uses that talking point because it seems to be landing more than many others.

But the idea that Russia is actually threatened by Latvia because they are a NATO member is and has always been absurd.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-10-24, 07:26
The Baltic states and Poland joining NATO is like a battered woman having her brother stay with her because a guy who raped her is promising to do it again…. It must just be a strange geopolitical oddity that for Russia to feel safe, it needs to dominate and subjugate so many people.

ffhounddog
02-10-24, 09:04
Breaking up two Human trafficking rings and the ring leaders were Ukrainian military made me rethink a lot about Ukraine. Of course, people do not want to hear how high up these people were in the Ukrainian government before the invasion.

Det-Sog
02-10-24, 11:35
But the idea that Russia is actually threatened by Latvia because they are a NATO member is and has always been absurd.

It's not JUST Latvia. That's the point. NATO has kept expanding since the Cold War ended. It just keeps growing. Just like our national debt. Funny, they're tied together. Look how much money we've been giving. They keep expanding, up to the point that recently we've even been talking about adding Ukraine to NATO. Russia is slowly being completely surrounded... Why?

How would WE feel if cHina formed a FORMAL alliance with states which goal was to thwart the growth and projection of The USA. Through this alliance got countries like Canada and Mexico to sign on, then but CHINESE MILITARY ASSETS NEXT TO THE US BORDER??? Would the USA feel threatened if a foreign alliance surrounded us with military bases???

You just have to look at it through the eyes of Russia. Why does NATO keep expanding? Better yet... WHAT does NATO do for the USA???

Not saying who's right... Just trying to get folks to THINK. WTF is REALLY going on?

georgeib
02-10-24, 12:08
It's not JUST Latvia. That's the point. NATO has kept expanding since the Cold War ended. It just keeps growing. Just like our national debt. Funny, they're tied together. Look how much money we've been giving. They keep expanding, up to the point that recently we've even been talking about adding Ukraine to NATO. Russia is slowly being completely surrounded... Why?

How would WE feel if cHina formed a FORMAL alliance with states which goal was to thwart the growth and projection of The USA. Through this alliance got countries like Canada and Mexico to sign on, then but CHINESE MILITARY ASSETS NEXT TO THE US BORDER??? Would the USA feel threatened if a foreign alliance surrounded us with military bases???

You just have to look at it through the eyes of Russia. Why does NATO keep expanding? Better yet... WHAT does NATO do for the USA???

Not saying who's right... Just trying to get folks to THINK. WTF is REALLY going on?
Wouldn't that be nice?

Artos
02-10-24, 12:20
One of my biggest take aways was When putin confronted clinton about joining nato & initially stating he thought it would be no problem, only to have the puppet masters say no speaks volumes...gotta have a boogy man to keep the industrial war chest of $$$$ flowing.

Nato is a joke....all that $$$$ & most members hate us. Clown show.

glocktogo
02-10-24, 12:31

What’s going on is simple, the Big Grift continues unabated.

prepare
02-10-24, 12:38
1% control the world
4% are the puppets
90% are asleep
5% know and try to wake up the 90%
The 1% use the 4% to prevent the 5% from waking up the 90%

Can we identify/name the 1%?

titsonritz
02-10-24, 13:54
He uses that talking point because it seems to be landing more than many others.

As stated above it’s not just Latvia…

NATO was created by 12 countries from Europe and North America on 4 April 1949. Since then, 19 more countries have joined NATO, many former Warsaw Pact nations.

“Czechia, Hungary and Poland were invited to begin accession talks at the Alliance's Madrid Summit in 1997 and on 12 March 1999 they became the first former members of the Warsaw Pact to join NATO.”

“Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia were invited to begin accession talks at the Alliance's Prague Summit in 2002. On 29 March 2004, they officially became members of the Alliance, making this the largest wave of enlargement in NATO history.”

“Albania had participated in the MAP since its inception in 1999 and Croatia joined in 2002. In July 2008, they both signed Accession Protocols and became official members of the Alliance on 1 April 2009”

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_52044.htm

I’m no fan of Russia or Putin but I am capable of looking at the world from their point of view and since the Cold War Russian has continued to be surrounded by NATO.

titsonritz
02-10-24, 13:59
One of my biggest take aways was When putin confronted clinton about joining nato & initially stating he thought it would be no problem, only to have the puppet masters say no speaks volumes...gotta have a boogy man to keep the industrial war chest of $$$$ flowing.

Nato is a joke....all that $$$$ & most members hate us. Clown show.

So much this. IMO the USA should be done with the UN and NATO.

HKGuns
02-10-24, 15:20
I just listened to a lot of S. Mike Lee's speech going on right now in the Senate floor.

He highlighted a few portions of the currently tabled $60B Ukraine deal right now.

$300M Ukraine border security
$7.8B Ukraine Politician salaries
$25M to USAID to rebuild "reclaimed territory"

These are all from memory, there are other egregious examples.

When Putin just put peace on the table as an option, why would they be pursuing further spending until at least looking at a peaceful solution?

prepare
02-10-24, 15:31
I just listened to a lot of S. Mike Lee's speech going on right now in the Senate floor.

He highlighted a few portions of the currently tabled $60B Ukraine deal right now.

$300M Ukraine border security
$7.8B Ukraine Politician salaries
$25M to USAID to rebuild "reclaimed territory"

These are all from memory, there are other egregious examples.

When Putin just put peace on the table as an option, why would they be pursuing further spending until at least looking at a peaceful solution?

Victoria Nuland and company want rid of Putin so they can install a globalist.

Thats been one of the goals all along.

HKGuns
02-10-24, 15:39
Victoria Nuland and company want rid of Putin so they can install a globalist.

Thats been one of the goals all along.

Completely ignoring the fact this hasn't worked elsewhere and we've generally pissed money down a toilet only to make the situation worse than it was before.

(I'm not trying to argue with you either.....)

prepare
02-10-24, 15:55
Completely ignoring the fact this hasn't worked elsewhere and we've generally pissed money down a toilet only to make the situation worse than it was before.

(I'm not trying to argue with you either.....)

Its impossible to rationalize irrational behavior.

Thats why nothing makes any sense.

Government is a continuous emotional, irrational reaction to their own grift and corruption.

Todd.K
02-10-24, 18:45
It's not JUST Latvia. That's the point. NATO has kept expanding since the Cold War ended.
How many Countries has NATO conquered since the end of the Cold War? How many has Russia conquered?

You just have to look at it through the eyes of Russia. Why does NATO keep expanding?
I do, and the most compelling answer to me is that NATO membership takes those countries off the list of easily conquered. When Putin isn’t directing propaganda towards us, he has talked about getting the old band back together. That anything that used to belong to the Russian empire is his.

NATO keeps expanding because former Soviet states have a weird habit of becoming part of Russia if they don’t become NATO members.

yoni
02-11-24, 04:33
The most interesting part of the interview was the difference in the outlook, the mind set of Americans and really most of the rest of the world.

America is a very young country and as a result we don't understand how much history plays into current events.

Which is why the USA has never in it's short history had the correct policy on Africa or the Middle East .

When the USSR fell the USA should have had the ability to change our policy towards Russia. But with the think tanks and the military industrial complex, it wasn't in their best interest. It would have been in the best interest of the world and citizens of both Russia and the USA.

georgeib
02-11-24, 06:45
The most interesting part of the interview was the difference in the outlook, the mind set of Americans and really most of the rest of the world.

America is a very young country and as a result we don't understand how much history plays into current events.

Which is why the USA has never in it's short history had the correct policy on Africa or the Middle East .

When the USSR fell the USA should have had the ability to change our policy towards Russia. But with the think tanks and the military industrial complex, it wasn't in their best interest. It would have been in the best interest of the world and citizens of both Russia and the USA.

And this is the crux of the matter. What is in the "best interests" of those making policy decisions does not equal what is best for America and her citizens. There are traitors running this country, and have been, who are selling out our children's and their children's future for their own interests.

Part of it is ignorance and sheer hubris, and part of it is the desire to pad their own pockets, but a large part is the desire to sacrifice US independence on the altar of globalism. There are way too many genuine patriots that haven't figured out who America's most destructive enemies are, and are operating on an antiquated simplistic paradigm. America's most pressing and desperate problems are not caused by Russia, Mexico, or even China. The cause is much closer.

prepare
02-11-24, 07:45
And this is the crux of the matter. What is in the "best interests" of those making policy decisions does not equal what is best for America and her citizens. There are traitors running this country, and have been, who are selling out our children's and their children's future for their own interests.

Part of it is ignorance and sheer hubris, and part of it is the desire to pad their own pockets, but a large part is the desire to sacrifice US independence on the altar of globalism. There are way too many genuine patriots that haven't figured out who America's most destructive enemies are, and are operating on an antiquated simplistic paradigm. America's most pressing and desperate problems are not caused by Russia, Mexico, or even China. The cause is much closer.

Spot on!

HKGuns
02-11-24, 08:30
You certainly can't argue Putin isn't smart, the entire (and somewhat strange) history lesson was to demonstrate just how relatively short our history actually is.......He was basically telling us, we've been here since 800, we'll see if you're still around in a thousand years.

At present, it doesn't look good.

utahjeepr
02-11-24, 09:36

I may not be the best "global politics" analyst in the room, but a lot of this talk of the west blowing it's chance after the fall of the Soviet Union ignores one of the biggest elephants in the room. The nomenklatura. Folks talk plenty about the western "deep state" but never seem to mention the Soviet/Russian version thereof. There is this idea that the leadership of Russia changed hands at the end of the cold war. I fall into the trap myself sometimes. Hint: it didn't. The nomenklatura are alive and well. Gorbachev was a creature of the nomenklatura, as was Yeltsin, as is Putin. The nomenklatura saw the writing on the wall and abandoned communism, they did not abandon power. We just call them Oligarchs now.

yoni
02-11-24, 09:50
I may not be the best "global politics" analyst in the room, but a lot of this talk of the west blowing it's chance after the fall of the Soviet Union ignores one of the biggest elephants in the room. The nomenklatura. Folks talk plenty about the western "deep state" but never seem to mention the Soviet/Russian version thereof. There is this idea that the leadership of Russia changed hands at the end of the cold war. I fall into the trap myself sometimes. Hint: it didn't. The nomenklatura are alive and well. Gorbachev was a creature of the nomenklatura, as was Yeltsin, as is Putin. The nomenklatura saw the writing on the wall and abandoned communism, they did not abandon power. We just call them Oligarchs now.

Oligarchs care about longevity meaning no falls from open windows etc and money.

The USA likes to play this game of not being corrupt, but it is. We need to have leaders get off the high horse of being better than every one else in the world, because we are not corrupt.

If a flag ranked officer goes to work selling toys to the government after he retires to me this is a form of corruption. If the spouse or significant other of a person in office gets a position on a board, this is corruption.

But this all is nothing new, it is the same old story of the world.

Sam
02-11-24, 09:57
Nothing in my life is affected by the Tucker/Putin interview.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-11-24, 15:59
So we need to look back hundreds or years and how they affect current life? I guess a lot of people here just jumped on the reparations for slaves bandwagon…. Want to hand Manhattan back to the Indians…

That’s why I think the better term than Russia, USSR, or Putin, is just to take it to common power ‘broker’- say “The Kremlin”.

Alpha-17
02-12-24, 09:02
How many Countries has NATO conquered since the end of the Cold War? How many has Russia conquered?

I do, and the most compelling answer to me is that NATO membership takes those countries off the list of easily conquered. When Putin isn’t directing propaganda towards us, he has talked about getting the old band back together. That anything that used to belong to the Russian empire is his.

NATO keeps expanding because former Soviet states have a weird habit of becoming part of Russia if they don’t become NATO members.

Spot on, both of you.

chuckman
02-12-24, 09:19

I tell people that Russians may look like us, but they do not think like us. We make make a lot of decisions subconsciously knowing we have a relative (yes, really) secure border and thousands of miles of ocean as a buffer, and having a government that was set up to be 'of the people and for the people' (regardless of what is had transformed into).

Russia historically has a deep distrust of anyone not Russian and anyone not working class. Their royalty was awful to most of the population, but all they did was switch from royalty to dictator and enforce the same results.

The US totally misread the room in the late 80s and early 90s. We thought Russia wanted to be BFFs, so to encourage that we denied pretty much any support apparatus that would have been helpful; at the same time, no cold war, no need to spend $ on an intelligence apparatus to spy on them. The first part led to a power vacuum, the oligarchs, and Chinese influence; the second part led to so many intelligence failures. Not only did we fire all of our spies, Russia doubled their numbers in the US.

We DID blow our chances, AND the nomenklatura DID influence their mission. The USSR was never, ever going to survive. It was too big and too expensive and Regan's military spending hastened their decision. All their leadership did was change uniforms; the playbook was largely the same.

chuckman
02-12-24, 09:21
I like Tucker Carlson OK, but Putin is a master propagandist. He told the west everything he wanted the west to hear. The whole chess-checkers thing.

Artos
02-12-24, 14:23
Here's tucker with a little follow up for those interested...I like the guy & wish more journalists had cajones. Hoping we get something w/ snowden surface.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1757117841151557943

WillBrink
02-12-24, 16:03
I like Tucker Carlson OK, but Putin is a master propagandist. He told the west everything he wanted the west to hear. The whole chess-checkers thing.

I feel Tucker, ate it up as it confirmed his own bias and new it was going to be big ratings for him. Many a psychopath are highly intelligent, charming, and successful. I'd do shots and beer followers with Putin over Brandon all day, but that changes nothing. Putin is the kinda guy who could like you just fine, have you taken out the next day, and consider just business.

Tucker as "useful idiot" is actually not wrong in that context, in the Putin is using Tucker like $2 hooker to spread the propaganda. I still can't blame Tucker for doing it, and wanting to do it.

Artos
02-12-24, 18:10
Tucker w/ JD Vance discussing the BS in the 60 billion aid bill.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1757159485162799334

chuckman
02-12-24, 18:59
I feel Tucker, ate it up as it confirmed his own bias and new it was going to be big ratings for him. Many a psychopath are highly intelligent, charming, and successful. I'd do shots and beer followers with Putin over Brandon all day, but that changes nothing. Putin is the kinda guy who could like you just fine, have you taken out the next day, and consider just business.

Tucker as "useful idiot" is actually not wrong in that context, in the Putin is using Tucker like $2 hooker to spread the propaganda. I still can't blame Tucker for doing it, and wanting to do it.

Yeah, I agree.

HKGuns
02-12-24, 20:14
Tucker w/ JD Vance discussing the BS in the 60 billion aid bill.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1757159485162799334

I was on a call with him and a few others. Here is the bottom line.

- The war is lost and Putin was never going to let them win regardless. (I said it wasn't winnable from the beginning)

- This new funding simply extends the war so they don't have to admit their policies were and still are DEAD WRONG.

- It does is ensure more conscripted Ukrainian's, who don't want to fight, will be dead in 6 months or less.

- It severely hurts OUR ability to defend ourselves as production of equipment WE need is already 5 years out, this will make it 10 years.

Oh and the reason there are 17 Republican's with the Democrats? - Because they're afraid Trump will get into office and start peace talks.

How ****ing insane is that?

armtx77
02-12-24, 21:07

- The war is lost and Putin was never going to let them win regardless. (I said it wasn't winnable from the beginning)

- This new funding simply extends the war so they don't have to admit their policies were and still are DEAD WRONG.

- It does is ensure more conscripted Ukrainian's, who don't want to fight, will be dead in 6 months or less.

- It severely hurts OUR ability to defend ourselves as production of equipment WE need is already 5 years out, this will make it 10 years.

Oh and the reason there are 17 Republican's with the Democrats? - Because they're afraid Trump will get into office and start peace talks.

Apparently their is a "Bomb" in the legislation that would prevent anyone from stopping aid to Ukraine for 5 years. Doing so would be breaking the law and be an impeachable offense.

I have read the average age of a Ukranian solider is 43 years old. So I doubt Ukraine can keep it up for another 5 years. It will be tragic in my eyes, if Ukraine goes the German route and starts putting kids who are in highschool and old men on the frontlines.

Artos
02-12-24, 21:37

The only thing that is insane is the msm not reporting the facts...we are living in a full blown propaganda clown show. The masses have no clue on any of this.

Ukraine aid is a line in the sand for the swamp...it's got to continue or their house of cards comes down.

The bill is said to be DOA in the house, but I still fear the worst.

glocktogo
02-12-24, 22:52
The only thing that is insane is the msm not reporting the facts...we are living in a full blown propaganda clown show. The masses have no clue on any of this.

Ukraine aid is a line in the sand for the swamp...it's got to continue or their house of cards comes down.

The bill is said to be DOA in the house, but I still fear the worst.

There are plenty of feckless GOP turncoats in the House and Johnson simply can’t cajole, corral or count his votes the way McCarthy could, much less a gangster like Pelosi.

HKGuns
02-13-24, 08:54
There are plenty of feckless GOP turncoats in the House and Johnson simply can’t cajole, corral or count his votes the way McCarthy could, much less a gangster like Pelosi.

Doesn't he have the option to simply not bring it to a vote? You know damn well McRINO would have brought it to a vote.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-13-24, 11:35
At this point… House republicans need to band together, attach HR2 to the Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan spending, then send it back to the Senate. HR2 secures the border. Schumer can choke on it.

Det-Sog
02-13-24, 12:28

Conquered? How about attacked or invaded???

It's debatable that NATO has taken out a couple though...

Russia - 1 Ukraine. It's still in play.

NATO? I've lost count... Off the top of my head... Serbia/Bosnia, Somalia, Iraq, A-Stan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Niger/Nigeria, Congo, Ukraine... I'm sure thee are more.

FYI... When I saw Somalia and Bosnia on the horizon, I got out of the military. The Military Industrial Complex has taken over our government. FFS, we could just have given the projected PROFIT out of this latest "aid" bill to the defense industry and kept the rest. We could have solved homelessness, finished the wall AND force deported all of the ILLEGAL ALIENS that have invaded during the last four years.

I'm old. I've been watching this crap for decades.

glocktogo
02-13-24, 16:19
At this point… House republicans need to band together, attach HR2 to the Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan spending, then send it back to the Senate. HR2 secures the border. Schumer can choke on it.

That would be a winning move. Republicans don’t do that. :(

titsonritz
02-13-24, 17:05

That and anytime the assholes send over a last minute 3000 page bill don’t even look at it just vote no.

Todd.K
02-14-24, 20:43
Russia - 1 Ukraine. It's still in play.

I'm old. I've been watching this crap for decades.

Maybe not as well as you think you are watching things.

Georgia?
Chechnya?
Crimea?
Did you miss that Russia is also involved in Syria?
Bosnia?
Multiple countries in Africa?

I’m not trying to justify everything NATO has gotten involved in, but I’m not giving Russian expansionism a pass either.