PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this is worth?

larry0071
01-07-09, 11:24
My buddy has this and is interested in maybe letting it go. He feels its worth a lot because it is not linked to anyone and would be sold cash and carry.

What would be a fair cash price for this with the drum and all...just as pictured? It is a semi auto, not full auto.

bkb0000
01-07-09, 13:35
no serial number?

that's one ugly bastard.

No.6
01-07-09, 13:52
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can have a vertical fore grip on a pistol. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. I know you can't have a stock, fixed or folding without NFA registration and I think the same applies to the VFG.

larry0071
01-07-09, 13:54
He got it years ago at a gun show... Cash and carry. No paperwork ties it to him, and he wants to do a cash trade for it now. It may have a serial number on the side, but it's not in any way linked to the owner.

larry0071
01-07-09, 13:55
I thought it was pretty neat being that it does not have the ugly buffer spring tube sticking out of it like most that I see online. I like the look of this much better than the newer ones.

LOKNLOD
01-07-09, 16:01
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can have a vertical fore grip on a pistol. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. I know you can't have a stock, fixed or folding without NFA registration and I think the same applies to the VFG.

Bingo! Tell him get that vert grip off of there. At least if there's going to be photographic evidence...

bkb0000
01-07-09, 21:49
hmm... not that i've ever considered it- but i'd be a felon if i threw a VFG on my USP? heh.. thats a funny thought

No.6
01-07-09, 22:19
Not as compact, but just as unique:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa66/No_6/bushmaster_armpistol_rearsafety.jpg

Guess I ought to take it out and shoot it sometime. I've got a B-Square scope mount for it and figured I could get a green laser for it someday. Might just make a fairly compact PDW.

ithinkimamedic
01-08-09, 01:41
If your buddy is in PA it has to go through a dealer because it is a pistol and would have to have the PSP form and the ATF4473. Handguns can not be sold FTF in PA with out going through a dealer. Same goes to selling it to an out of state individual.

bkb0000
01-08-09, 02:14
If your buddy is in PA it has to go through a dealer because it is a pistol and would have to have the PSP form and the ATF4473. Handguns can not be sold FTF in PA with out going through a dealer. Same goes to selling it to an out of state individual.

i think you're missing the whole point of having a totally undocumented transfer, mang.

MX5
01-13-09, 06:40
It's worth about 10 - 20 yrs.

Kaos
01-13-09, 09:29
My buddy has this and is interested in maybe letting it go. He feels its worth a lot because it is not linked to anyone and would be sold cash and carry.

What would be a fair cash price for this with the drum and all...just as pictured? It is a semi auto, not full auto.

It's like a pafoa party up in here.

Yep, needs a FFL to do the transfer, and take the VFG off. I have a letter from the ATF saved somewhere stating the VFG part.

Is it 22lr? I don't know how I'd fee about the receiver being all cut up like that...

22_Shooter
01-14-09, 05:16
A vertical foregrip on a pistol makes it an AOW. Which is a no-go, unless you have that $5 stamp.

Kaos
01-14-09, 06:22
A vertical foregrip on a pistol makes it an AOW. Which is a no-go, unless you have that $5 stamp.

It's still a $200 stamp first go around as you're "manufacturing it" first go around, transfering it is what costs $5.

22_Shooter
01-14-09, 06:33
It's still a $200 stamp first go around as you're "manufacturing it" first go around, transfering it is what costs $5.

Ah, thanks for the clarification:D.

I was looking into getting a Serbu Super Shorty awhile back, and knew that it was a $5 tax stamp, being that it's an AOW.

I didn't know about the "manufacturing" part, with adding a VFG to a pistol.