PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Joel Osteen's Church

Alpha-17
02-12-24, 09:24
Looks like this has been missed in the coverage of the Super Bowl. There was a shooting yesterday at Joel Osteen's Houston megachurch.

Lakewood Church shooting: Woman with child in tow opens fire inside Joel Osteen's Texas megachurch
Houston police said the child was shot and the suspected shooter was killed

Two people were injured and one suspect was killed during a shooting at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church on Sunday afternoon, Texas authorities say.

During a press conference, police chief Troy Finner said that the shooting began at 1:53 p.m. It happened at around the time that the Spanish language church service was scheduled to start.

The suspect, who was a woman, entered the church with a long rifle. She was wearing a backpack and a trench coat, and was accompanied by a "small child, approximately 4 to 5 years old," Finner said.

After she began shooting, off-duty officers at the scene "engaged" the woman and returned fire. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lakewood-church-shooting-woman-child-tow-opens-fire-inside-joel-osteens-texas-megachurch

A woman walked into a Houston megachurch with a child and began shooting. Here’s what we know

A woman who walked into a popular Texas megachurch Sunday afternoon with a long gun and a young child opened fire before she was killed by law enforcement officers on scene. The gunfire left the child in critical condition and another man injured, officials said.

Authorities are now probing the shooting at televangelist and pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – roughly 6 miles from downtown Houston.

The woman, estimated to be between 30 and 35 years old, entered the church shortly before 2 p.m. wearing a trench coat and backpack and opened fire, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said in a Sunday afternoon news conference.

The shooter died at the scene after two law enforcement officers intervened and she was shot, Finner said.

The young child was hit during the shooting and is in the hospital in critical condition, the police chief said. It’s unclear who fired the shot that injured the child. CNN has reached out to police for more information.

Police have not shared details about a possible motive in the shooting or said what the woman’s relationship to the child who accompanied her is. The injured man was shot in the leg and sought treatment at a hospital, Finner said.

Interestingly, the CNN article had this tid bit that sheds quite a bit of light, but I'm sure it'll be too politically incorrect for anyone to call 'em out on it:

The shooter used an AR-15 that had “Free Palestine” written on it, according to a federal law enforcement source. Investigators are trying to sort out whether she was politically motivated or a disturbed individual, the source said.

If that had been a right wing slogan, we'd all be on trial by now. Probably also explains why the media has been relatively quiet about it.

glocktogo
02-12-24, 10:06
Looks like this has been missed in the coverage of the Super Bowl. There was a shooting yesterday at Joel Osteen's Houston megachurch.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lakewood-church-shooting-woman-child-tow-opens-fire-inside-joel-osteens-texas-megachurch

Interestingly, the CNN article had this tid bit that sheds quite a bit of light, but I'm sure it'll be too politically incorrect for anyone to call 'em out on it:

If that had been a right wing slogan, we'd all be on trial by now. Probably also explains why the media has been relatively quiet about it.

Anywhere we can confirm the "Free Palestine" part of this? I'd hate to fall for a well-placed bit of propaganda.

Averageman
02-12-24, 10:11
I have my own opinions on Osteen and they aren't necessarily favorable.
But I wonder what was going through her mind shooting up a Church.
The whole Hamas/Palastine thing is like a magnet for crazies.
Too bad about the child though.

glocktogo
02-12-24, 10:30
I have my own opinions on Osteen and they aren't necessarily favorable.
But I wonder what was going through her mind shooting up a Church.
The whole Hamas/Palastine thing is like a magnet for crazies.
Too bad about the child though.

So far I haven't found the "Free Palestine" part confirmed anywhere, just the CNN report quoting an unnamed "federal law enforcement source".

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/12/us/joel-osteen-lakewood-church-shooting-monday/index.html

Artos
02-12-24, 10:47
Trans on Christian violence...never got the manifesto from the last one.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757079921414091105

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757078207554281823

ChattanoogaPhil
02-12-24, 11:10
"Free Palestine" was written on the gun belonging to a woman who opened fire at celebrity pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/lakewood-church-shooting-motive-unknown-pro-palestinian-message/story?id=107158963

Alpha-17
02-12-24, 11:13
Trans on Christian violence...never got the manifesto from the last one.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757079921414091105

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757078207554281823

Came back to report that as well.

BREAKING: Joel Osteen church shooter identified as Genesse Moreno, also went by Jeffrey: local media
Moreno was shot and killed by off duty officers, and the weapon was emblazoned with the slogan "Free Palestine."

The individual who walked into Joel Osteen's Lakewood, Texas church on Sunday, pulled out a gun and opened fire, has been identified as Genesse Ivonne Moreno, 36. Moreno, wearing a trenchcoat, opened fire when entering the church along with a 5-year old child.

Local news reports that multiple sources have said that Genesse Ivonne Moreno is suspected of being the "armed woman" who was killed at the church Sunday.

Reports indicated that the shooter was female, but it has since been revealed that Moreno was male. Moreno was shot and killed by two off-duty officers. Moreno's weapon was emblazoned with the slogan "Free Palestine."

Jeremy Rogalski of KHOU-TV further reported that Moreno "had prior arrests for assault, forgery, marijuana possession, theft, evading, and unlawful carrying weapon."

Not sure if it was male to female, or female to male, but there is a decided mix of info on the subject.

Manofmayhem
02-12-24, 11:14
I'm so confused. Was it a woman taking testosterone?

Diamondback
02-12-24, 11:17
I'm so confused. Was it a woman taking testosterone?
Looks like, and way too high a dose chasing fast results.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757077118146789534?s=20

Manofmayhem
02-12-24, 11:19
Looks like, and way too high a dose chasing fast results.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1757077118146789534?s=20That makes sense then. I'm starting to see a trend.

Alpha-17
02-12-24, 11:41
With a birthplace south of the border, the obvious question of her immigration status should be asked. This is a trifecta of liberal supporters, a church hating transgender immigrant.

glocktogo
02-12-24, 11:44
Looks like heshe had a lengthy criminal record dating back to 2005.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/lakewood-church-houston-shooter/285-dc80c9f7-4728-4016-bb34-574582f50f4b

Moreno had a criminal history dating back to 2005, and previously identified as Jeffery Escalante, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety records search. Prior arrests include failure to stop and give information, assault of a public servant, assault causing bodily injury, forgery, possession of marijuana, theft, evading arrest unlawful carrying weapon.

Diamondback
02-12-24, 14:36
My bad, dude overloaded on estrogen without taking the time to adjust to it and GRADUALLY increase dosages. Testosterone aggression plus estrogen mood swings... *major asshole pucker*

If memory serves, the usual in cases like this is either an "MtF" whose dosage is out of whack, or the aforementioned "FtM" who took too much T too fast.

Averageman
02-12-24, 14:54
My bad, dude overloaded on estrogen without taking the time to adjust to it and GRADUALLY increase dosages. Testosterone aggression plus estrogen mood swings... *major asshole pucker*

If memory serves, the usual in cases like this is either an "MtF" whose dosage is out of whack, or the aforementioned "FtM" who took too much T too fast.

In other words were playing "Guess what the Shooter identifies as?"
This only reaffirms my diagnosis that they're all bat shit crazy.

WickedWillis
02-12-24, 15:00
With a birthplace south of the border, the obvious question of her immigration status should be asked. This is a trifecta of liberal supporters, a church hating transgender immigrant.

It's almost too convenient everything seems to fall into place oddly here.

Diamondback
02-12-24, 17:57
In other words were playing "Guess what the Shooter identifies as?"
This only reaffirms my diagnosis that they're all bat shit crazy.

Indeed.

SteyrAUG
02-12-24, 23:32
The crazy train keeps moving down the tracks...

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/lakewood-church-shooting-grandmother-of-7-year-old-boy-critically-injured-in-shooting-releases-statement

Confirmation that this f'ing ghoul Geneses Moreno-Carranza brought her own child to a church shooting, likely in the hopes that it would be shot and would become another martyr to her various insane beliefs.

The grandmother of the 7 year old who was shot in the head made the following statement:

"The outpouring of love and support we have received today is overwhelming and as we try to make sense of this completely preventable horror, we want to make three things absolutely clear. First, although my former daughter-in-law raged against Israel and Jews in a pro-Palestinian rant yesterday this has nothing to do with Judaism or Islam. Nothing! But this is what happens when reckless and irresponsible reporting let’s people with severe mental illness have an excuse for violence."

And while I agree that part of the problem is mentally ill people finding an excuse for violence, I disagree that it has nothing to do with Judaism or Islam, clearly her hatred of Israel and support of a terrorist state like Palestine had everything to do with Judaism and Islam. The grandmothers statement is as ridiculous as saying "Himmler didn't hate jews, he was just very pro German."

That she brought her own child to be sacrificed to a church she entered with the intent of mass murder with "Free Palestine" written on her rifle really should tell anyone with a brain everything they need to know.

Even more ironically, with more proof if insanity, the father of the child was Jewish and Crazy Moreno was having an ongoing problem with him and his family.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/shooter-joel-osteens-megachurch-used-rifle-bearing-word-palestine-offi-rcna138426

And of course Granny Crazy blamed the second amendment because her insane daughter in law got a gun too easily.

"Let it be clear that the Second Amendment stops where the first amendment right to life begin, and it’s time to remove the US Constitution any protection for gun ownership."

She also blamed the state of Texas for "not having strong red flag laws that would have prevented her from owning or possessing a gun."

Moreno had a long criminal history dating back to 2005 that included arrests for assault of a public servant, assault causing bodily injury, forgery, possession of marijuana, theft, evading arrest and unlawful carrying weapon. Law enforcement officials added that Moreno previously went by multiple aliases, including using both male and female names. Genesse Moreno had an arrest history dating back to 2005, and was previously identified by several names, including Jeffery Escalante, Jeffery Genesse Escalante, and Jeffery G. Escalante-Moreno. Moreno has a documented mental health history and was placed under an emergency detention order by Houston police in 2016.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/lakewood-church-shooter-background/285-2dfdc6ba-2a02-42f1-b578-e413d3b763e3

HOUSTON — The woman who opened fire at Lakewood Church Sunday, 36-year-old Genesse Ivonne Moreno, had a previous connection with the church, according to Montgomery County court documents. Morena once attended Lakewood and so did her mother.

The church staff may have been questioned about her during contentious divorce proceedings. Moreno’s ex-mother-in-law, Rabbi Walli Carranza, accused Moreno and her mother of keeping Moreno's child away from the father in 2022 divorce and custody proceedings.

“These two women knowingly and intentionally harmed both (the child) and his father, Enrique Carranza,” Walli Carranza wrote in court documents.

WillBrink
02-13-24, 08:57
The armed attorneys discussing how less gun laws saved lives and save lives continuously while TX Dems claim the event due to lax gun laws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6MHWTV36SI

TAZ
02-13-24, 09:01
She isn’t wrong in assessing blame to the government agencies that seemingly had numerous chances at removing this PODS from circulation. I’d love to see a bunch of folks going after DA’s involved in her cases. Especially those that would have put her on the prohibited list and/or put her behind bars. Making some of those charges stick could have saved some folks.

Beyond that she is as stupid as the shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.45fan
02-13-24, 09:07
{snip}

Moreno has a documented mental health history and was placed under an emergency detention order by Houston police in 2016.

{snip}

Wouldn't this prevent "it" from buying a gun in any state?

jsbhike
02-13-24, 11:27
She isn’t wrong in assessing blame to the government agencies that seemingly had numerous chances at removing this PODS from circulation. I’d love to see a bunch of folks going after DA’s involved in her cases. Especially those that would have put her on the prohibited list and/or put her behind bars. Making some of those charges stick could have saved some folks.

Beyond that she is as stupid as the shooter.

That's one of my big things with opposing exemptions and immunities.

I will also add the criminal justice system choosing to not go after crimes against people/property is not a recent development and was a problem before George Soros came on scene.

Claiming state/local systems just couldn't get convictions on criminals was the banner for Project Exile(a multi faceted non-solution to create other problems) that was/is lauded by NRA.

TAZ
02-13-24, 12:02
That's one of my big things with opposing exemptions and immunities.

I will also add the criminal justice system choosing to not go after crimes against people/property is not a recent development and was a problem before George Soros came on scene.

Claiming state/local systems just couldn't get convictions on criminals was the banner for Project Exile(a multi faceted non-solution to create other problems) that was/is lauded by NRA.

I don’t think this is an issue if couldn’t get convictions. It’s an issue of wouldn’t get convictions. Instead choosing to plea bargain, drop or some other way to make political brownie points. This has been an ongoing issue as far back as I can remember. Prosecutors taking the easy route to pad conviction stats since most folks can’t differentiate between a plea bargain and actual conviction so they elect a strong DA with high conviction rates. Little do they know that the violent home invader is “convicted” of burglary and let loose.

It’s just become so overt with the latest batches of imbeciles letting folks who attack cops roam free, but it’s always been there.

SteyrAUG
02-13-24, 13:36

Unless those medical records were considered "sensitive" and not provided to background check agencies.

glocktogo
02-13-24, 16:10

Unless those medical records were considered "sensitive" and not provided to background check agencies.

In short, no. Simply having a psychological diagnosis of mental illness is not the same as having an adjudication of mental illness. Likewise, an emergency mental hold for evaluation isn’t enough either, unless the legal hold is extended beyond the designated evaluation period due to an adjudication of likelihood of harm to self or others.

You can be crazy without being crazy for legal purposes. It’s that way so a doctor can’t just declare you crazy and you lose your constitutional rights.

jsbhike
02-13-24, 16:29
I don’t think this is an issue if couldn’t get convictions. It’s an issue of wouldn’t get convictions. Instead choosing to plea bargain, drop or some other way to make political brownie points. This has been an ongoing issue as far back as I can remember. Prosecutors taking the easy route to pad conviction stats since most folks can’t differentiate between a plea bargain and actual conviction so they elect a strong DA with high conviction rates. Little do they know that the violent home invader is “convicted” of burglary and let loose.

It’s just become so overt with the latest batches of imbeciles letting folks who attack cops roam free, but it’s always been there.

I should have made it "couldn’t". There is also the issue with the system trying to get wrongful convictions.

In most places I know of where cops are getting attacked with no repercussion for the attackers(NYC comes to mind) the cops are an integral part of the overall problems that got to where things are.

flenna
02-13-24, 18:08
HPD spent the first 60 seconds of the press release explaining how they investigated what the POS nut job currently identified as so that they would not offend anyone when talking about the POS nut job. What a full on clown world we live in.

ubet
02-13-24, 18:40
HPD spent the first 60 seconds of the press release explaining how they investigated what the POS nut job currently identified as so that they would not offend anyone when talking about the POS nut job. What a full on clown world we live in.

It’s identity is room temp now.

Diamondback
02-13-24, 18:54
It’s identity is room temp now.

And pronouns "was/were".

.45fan
02-13-24, 19:13

In short, no. Simply having a psychological diagnosis of mental illness is not the same as having an adjudication of mental illness. Likewise, an emergency mental hold for evaluation isn’t enough either, unless the legal hold is extended beyond the designated evaluation period due to an adjudication of likelihood of harm to self or others.

You can be crazy without being crazy for legal purposes. It’s that way so a doctor can’t just declare you crazy and you lose your constitutional rights.

Thank you both.

I just recall a question on the 4473 saying something like "have you ever been committed to a mental hospital", and figured that was including the 72 hour hold.

I learned something new.

AndyLate
02-14-24, 07:13

I tried explaining to people why plea bargaining made releasing people "only in prison for drug crimes" such a bad idea. Pretty sure they didn't get it.

Andy

SteyrAUG
02-14-24, 12:42
I tried explaining to people why plea bargaining made releasing people "only in prison for drug crimes" such a bad idea. Pretty sure they didn't get it.

Andy

Vast majority of the population tends to identify with criminals more than the victims.

They think "That could have been ME who was arrested with drugs."

Lacos
02-26-24, 23:51
Video released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNRC4D-G5Q

titsonritz
02-27-24, 00:48
The son of the POS shooter was apparently shot twice in the head, has undergone multiple surgeries but is now breathing on his own. Probably messed up the rest of his life how ever long that will be. Sad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JsIZ6L-t47w

Coal Dragger
02-27-24, 00:50
Poor kid.

Why did that stupid bitch have to get him involved too?

SteyrAUG
02-27-24, 01:37
Poor kid.

Because she is the essence of evil. She rolled her kid in with her as cover and to get him martyred.

titsonritz
02-27-24, 12:12
Poor kid.

Had to get even with her “X”, showed him.

Entryteam
02-27-24, 13:34
The son of the POS shooter was apparently shot twice in the head, has undergone multiple surgeries but is now breathing on his own. Probably messed up the rest of his life how ever long that will be. Sad.

and stuff like THAT is precisely why I retired early. That stuff WRECKS me.

WillBrink
02-27-24, 14:51

If you watch the vid, I could swear she was trying to change diapers in the middle of her firefight. Again, another nut bag who should have been non permissible person?

and stuff like THAT is precisely why I retired early. That stuff WRECKS me.

Said it many times, I could not do that job, which is why I will give LE the benefit of the doubt every time when I can. I wouldn't last a day, and the more ride along I went on and friends in LE I knew, the less interested I was. That was before every D bag had a phone cam trying to make slip up so they can get a pay off or clicks for their YT channels and such.

Sam
02-27-24, 16:33
I watched the video twice, stopping, rewind, ... what I observed:

First Security camera -

1. Police looking down on cell phone when the crazy woman (cw) first entered the church (3:37) , this same police came back in later and tried to engage from probably 10 ft away but ineffective and was "pin down" as he described it on his body cam.
2. Fat people move slow. They run but they don't get very far very fast. Referring to female probably unarmed security (4:52)
3. From roughly 5:45 to 8:00, I counted roughly 13 or 14 puffs of clouds (sheet rock?) all around the cw. I think the 8 or 9th round was the initial hit and later a couple more rounds put her down for the count.
4. What will said "she was trying to change diapers", I don't know what she was doing. Change diaper on what? maybe she carried around stuff to patch her own gun shot wound? or was she trying to patch her kid? but she was walking away from him. You can see the head of the kid on the ground in that first video. Initially he wasn't in view but as time went on his head became more visible, I think he was crawling forward.
She kept screaming she had a bomb.
5. The armed security teams seem to be moving around in bunny hop fashion. "Tactical bunny hop"?

Switching to a different security camera -

6. Security man in suit engaged the cw. He decided to reload and performed what appeared to be some sort of tactical reload with retention, yeah I said it. Anyway he secured the removed mag into his coat or back into the pouch. (11:30) Just an observation.
7. Uniformed police initially were seen way behind the suit guy, stayed back from 10:00 mark until they gathered up enough people, courage, prayed, summoned God, they rejoined him around 12:24. 2 and a half minute later.

Switching to Officer Moreno body cam -

8. Close up shot of his Glock with Red dot and weapon light. The gun kept moving from his right hand to left to right to left. That thing must be heavy or very hot. This video was when we hear she had a bomb.

Officer Garcia bodycam

She's the one that was seeking lots of divine intervention. I guess she's at the right place. Kept saying to her partner we need to go now, but they didn't seem to know which way to go. At times her trigger finger was on the TRIGGER as she moved about. Her grip on the Glock was not secure, there was at least half an inch between the top of her hand and the underside of the grip tang. We now see the kid down.

titsonritz
02-27-24, 16:46
There was a lot of clown show shit going on, they were very lucky the crazy bitch didn’t do ton more damage. Had that been a dedicated individual with even a little bit of training they would have been truly fcvked.

WillBrink
02-27-24, 17:22
There was a lot of clown show shit going on, they were very lucky the crazy bitch didn’t do ton more damage. Had that been a dedicated individual with even a little bit of training they would have been truly fcvked.

I don't wanna quarter back them, but plus side they engaged and contained her quickly. Had she/he had some aggression and training? That would have ended badly. I kept hoping someone would get on their sites. No doubt, easier said than done when on the two way range. I wonder who's bullets hit that poor kid?

WillBrink
02-27-24, 17:24
I watched the video twice, stopping, rewind, ... what I observed:

First Security camera -

1. Police looking down on cell phone when the crazy woman (cw) first entered the church (3:37) , this same police came back in later and tried to engage from probably 10 ft away but ineffective and was "pin down" as he described it on his body cam.
2. Fat people move slow. They run but they don't get very far very fast. Referring to female probably unarmed security (4:52)
3. From roughly 5:45 to 8:00, I counted roughly 13 or 14 puffs of clouds (sheet rock?) all around the cw. I think the 8 or 9th round was the initial hit and later a couple more rounds put her down for the count.
4. What will said "she was trying to change diapers", I don't know what she was doing. Change diaper on what? maybe she carried around stuff to patch her own gun shot wound? or was she trying to patch her kid? but she was walking away from him. You can see the head of the kid on the ground in that first video. Initially he wasn't in view but as time went on his head became more visible, I think he was crawling forward.
She kept screaming she had a bomb.
5. The armed security teams seem to be moving around in bunny hop fashion. "Tactical bunny hop"?

Switching to a different security camera -

6. Security man in suit engaged the cw. He decided to reload and performed what appeared to be some sort of tactical reload with retention, yeah I said it. Anyway he secured the removed mag into his coat or back into the pouch. (11:30) Just an observation.
7. Uniformed police initially were seen way behind the suit guy, stayed back from 10:00 mark until they gathered up enough people, courage, prayed, summoned God, they rejoined him around 12:24. 2 and a half minute later.

Switching to Officer Moreno body cam -

8. Close up shot of his Glock with Red dot and weapon light. The gun kept moving from his right hand to left to right to left. That thing must be heavy or very hot. This video was when we hear she had a bomb.

Officer Garcia bodycam

She's the one that was seeking lots of divine intervention. I guess she's at the right place. Kept saying to her partner we need to go now, but they didn't seem to know which way to go. At times her trigger finger was on the TRIGGER as she moved about. Her grip on the Glock was not secure, there was at least half an inch between the top of her hand and the underside of the grip tang. We now see the kid down.

Very fuzzy cam but it looked like had a diaper something of a similar size and color in her hands. Maybe she was using something to patch herself or her kid up with. What a cluster.

LoboTBL
02-27-24, 20:33
I don't wanna quarter back them, but plus side they engaged and contained her quickly. Had she/he had some aggression and training? That would have ended badly. I kept hoping someone would get on their sites. No doubt, easier said than done when on the two way range. I wonder who's bullets hit that poor kid?

Maybe you won't but I will. I know for a fact that is not (or was not) how HPD is (or was) trained less than 5 years ago regarding dealing with an active shooter. The training is, in short, move with haste toward the shooter/sound of gunfire and engage and neutralize the threat. Waiting for backup is not part of the training. If you're first there and backup is not already there or within mere seconds of arriving, take a big bite of the shit sandwich and move, say your prayers while you're moving. I didn't see a single uniformed officer do so for over two minutes. This was nowhere near as bad as the Uvalde Incident but it really could've been orders of magnitude worse. It certainly wasn't an exemplary response. I suspect the videos will be shown and analyzed at the academy for the next several years.

SteyrAUG
02-27-24, 22:00
Maybe you won't but I will. I know for a fact that is not (or was not) how HPD is (or was) trained less than 5 years ago regarding dealing with an active shooter. The training is, in short, move with haste toward the shooter/sound of gunfire and engage and neutralize the threat. Waiting for backup is not part of the training. If you're first there and backup is not already there or within mere seconds of arriving, take a big bite of the shit sandwich and move, say your prayers while you're moving. I didn't see a single uniformed officer do so for over two minutes. This was nowhere near as bad as the Uvalde Incident but it really could've been orders of magnitude worse. It certainly wasn't an exemplary response. I suspect the videos will be shown and analyzed at the academy for the next several years.

I tend to agree. If there was a room full of children being murdered while officers were playing "duck and cover" most people would have a lot less sympathy going. At first I thought they were church security and felt bad for them. Everyone is pretty damn lucky "Free Palestine" was such a clusterfck.

And people should take note that the "radicals" (political, religious, social agenda) are now targeting you and your children directly in the places they expect to find them. It's no longer random targets for senseless outrage. Those in zip codes that tolerate protest that including flying Hamas flags should probably have more than a sidearm handy. These terrorist advocates have little or no restraint.

Sam
02-28-24, 06:42
The security man in the suit was in the fight from the beginning, he was the Alpha male in that whole group.

Adrenaline_6
02-28-24, 13:13
For a multi million dollar mega church, their video system is absolutely horrible. Always the case though. Most corporate/business entities view security as a necessary evil and spend the bare minimum on it. Not really realizing that one slip and fall dispute or similar that the system saves them from would pay for the whole thing.

Sam
02-28-24, 14:24
Gotta focus that money on Joel's hair and suits, also his wife's budget.

WillBrink
02-28-24, 14:37
The security man in the suit was in the fight from the beginning, he was the Alpha male in that whole group.

He kept the pressure on and stayed in the fight as needed. If he'd been able to get on his sites, maybe that would have ended sooner. No doubt, easier said then done under such circumstances.

Adrenaline_6
02-28-24, 15:14

Yup. Although if one of his family/friends got hurt or almost hurt, or if a lawsuit is filed that uses the fact that electronic security is not up to par, the funds to upgrade will appear out of nowhere. I see it happen all the time.

Artos
02-28-24, 17:10

That dude reminds me of the preacher in that Poltergeist sequel...resemblance is sorta creepy.

Sam
02-28-24, 21:06
He kept the pressure on and stayed in the fight as needed. If he'd been able to get on his sites, maybe that would have ended sooner. No doubt, easier said then done under such circumstances.

Like in most if not all other crazies shooting up people, once they are engaged by a good guy, their mind and energy were redirected away from their initial targets. I think the security man did just that. In that first camera view, the crazy was ineffective and wasn't really doing any shooting once bullets started flying her way. Even if the initial 8 or so rounds that were visible to us missed all around her, she was just dancing back and forth "aimlessly", messing with the diapers or whatever craps in that bag. She wasn't hunting innocent victims anymore. A mentor of mine called it "changing their channel".

titsonritz
02-28-24, 22:04
He OODA looped it and it spun out of control.

Ron3
02-29-24, 08:57

Yup.

Cops hid, for the most part. Seems to pay the same.

The security guy probably knows people who attend / work in the church and simply cared more.

markm
02-29-24, 09:48
A mentor of mine called it "changing their channel".

And an instant way to save lives even if the attacker isn't hit. It's buying everyone time, and preoccupying the lunatic.

hotbiggun42
02-29-24, 13:55
Good for Olsteen for having armed security!
Couple things. Crazy woman had her child in a car seat. Safety first.
Poor kid.

SteyrAUG
02-29-24, 20:02
Good for Olsteen for having armed security!
Couple things. Crazy woman had her child in a car seat. Safety first.
Poor kid.

Whatever slows them down. Pants hanging off their ass, gun held sideways, we need all the help we can get from violent and predatory criminals.

Averageman
02-29-24, 21:05
Because she is the essence of evil. She rolled her kid in with her as cover and to get him martyred.

It's an unfortunate trend to decide to blow yourself up, or take someone with you.
Taking your Kid on your "Death Mission" is the ultimate evil.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-01-24, 15:47

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

That’s what should be on the plaque he gets.

Obviously, the active shooter training isn’t working and I think I’ve found the major error and corrective action.

Day 1. I show up with fresh, delicious donuts and walk them through the station and put them in the meeting room.
Day2-6: Repeat
Day 7. Show up with donuts and walk them through station and when I get to the meeting room. Shoot a cap gun.
Day8-10: Repeat
Day 11: Walk in back door, with donuts, head to meeting room and shoot cap gun multiple times.
Day 12-15: Repeat
Day 16 : Walk in back door, head to meeting room, shoot cap gun multiple times. Fire anyone that doesn’t show up. I don’t trust people that don’t move to gunfire or like donuts.