PDA

View Full Version : CAG / Seekins Precision AR10

Stickman
02-23-24, 12:11
I have never heard anything about "the unit" using a Seekins Precision 6.5C. Am I the last person on the planet to know this? What are your thoughts?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/seekins-sp10-review-testing-the-ar-10-used-by-delta-force/ar-BB1ibQ1L?cvid=7fabf936e92b49218a22a27cc135221b&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=9

Hank6046
02-23-24, 12:54
I didn't know CAG was using Seekins but know that those Seekins 6.5 with a 22" barrel are highly favored by former SF guys for long range gas guns.

Uncas47
02-23-24, 14:12
"The Unit" is not exactly an info fountain.

Wake27
02-23-24, 14:17
I don't follow that stuff closely but had never heard of them doing that. I also don't put much faith in those type of reports as I've seen/heard examples of one photo or third party report leading to significant rumors that the whole organization was using something.

vicious_cb
02-23-24, 14:32
I don't follow that stuff closely but had never heard of them doing that. I also don't put much faith in those type of reports as I've seen/heard examples of one photo or third party report leading to significant rumors that the whole organization was using something.

Agreed that its probably BS, when it comes to companies saying this stuff its because some where at some time some outfit purchased a few guns COTS for testing. They arent lying outright but just inflating things for clout. I don't know if you remember back in the day DPMS was saying stuff like that about their 7" Kitty Kat ARs because someone somewhere in the DOD needed an extremely small and obnoxious AR for a very specific purpose, still doesnt make it a good product.

Stickman
02-23-24, 15:12
Agreed that its probably BS, when it comes to companies saying this stuff its because some where at some time some outfit purchased a few guns COTS for testing. They arent lying outright but just inflating things for clout.

Yup, very common in the industry, and used to be even more common. There is certainly a large difference between a guy who says he is delta for a discount, and the .mil making a purchase of 50 guns.

I had thought they were using the KAC and HK large frames, but that is probably old info.

GTF425
02-23-24, 15:47
The SP-10 has been in use within USASOC at least as far back as 2021. Public source photos from the International Sniper Competition have shown the CAG and 75th teams have them as far back as that.

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/6582490/2021-international-sniper-competition (2/75 in 2021)

https://www.reddit.com/r/JSOCarchive/comments/somt2k/seekins_sp10m_being_used_by_delta_force_both/ (B Squadron)

kirkland
02-23-24, 18:18

This.

ABNAK
02-23-24, 19:58

LOL yeah, and I'm cool with it. They deserve a degree of "cloudiness". Kind of like a year or two ago they were about to be going with the 10.5" Geissele Super Duty or variant thereof. Now you will occasionally see a pic of what is ostensibly a D-Boy (obviously take with a BIG grain of salt!) and it's a SIG Spear LT or variant thereof.

Yeah, folks "in the know" most often aren't, and the majority of the ones who are knowledgeable keep it zipped up.

SFree
02-24-24, 08:18
Check out Speedloads Tom Beckstrand’s video. Believe it was during a comp at Hat Creek a couple of years ago…

ExplorinInTheWoods
02-25-24, 16:32
I heard 260 Remington was what it was chambered in not 6.5

Stickman
02-26-24, 10:11
I heard 260 Remington was what it was chambered in not 6.5

Its been awhile since I have spoken to anyone with actual knowledge on it, but 260 was certainly the big secret sauce talk for awhile.

On a side note, engineers at Picatinny have been less than impressed with the smoothness of the new MG ammo and weapon compatibility. However, its been almost a year since I've been to the Arsenal, so maybe everything is fixed and running smooth now.

Hammer_Man
02-26-24, 18:21
Its been awhile since I have spoken to anyone with actual knowledge on it, but 260 was certainly the big secret sauce talk for awhile.

On a side note, engineers at Picatinny have been less than impressed with the smoothness of the new MG ammo and weapon compatibility. However, it’s been almost a year since I've been to the Arsenal, so maybe everything is fixed and running smooth now.

By new MG ammo are you referring to 277 Fury?

DancingInAshes
02-27-24, 09:54
LOL yeah, and I'm cool with it. They deserve a degree of "cloudiness". Kind of like a year or two ago they were about to be going with the 10.5" Geissele Super Duty or variant thereof. Now you will occasionally see a pic of what is ostensibly a D-Boy (obviously take with a BIG grain of salt!) and it's a SIG Spear LT or variant thereof.

Yeah, folks "in the know" most often aren't, and the majority of the ones who are knowledgeable keep it zipped up.

I heard the same, but then saw several photos of Delta guys on protection details rocking Sig MCX 11.5" rifles. Guessing the ability to fold and be a bit more discrete is important for that kind of operation, but that's just pure speculation from me.

It's simply difficult to get reliable information about SFOD-D and what equipment they're running. Unlike the SEAL teams, they're not interested in PR, and the only time most people will ever find out exactly what gear they're using is if they're a vendor getting a special request for customized gear from SFOD-D. Even then, it doesn't necessarily mean it's being widely adopted by Delta. They buy a lot of small batches of gear simply to evaluate it to see if it offers an upgrade over what they're currently deploying with. The magic of having a good R&D budget for their armory.

NoVA5326
03-14-24, 17:00
The specialized Army and Navy units with R&D in their charter will perpetually have a flow of new widgets cascading through use, no surprise.

"regular" SOCOM.. NSW, Ranger Regt, AFSOC, and to a lesser extent SF have some psuedo R&D wiggle room.

03-14-24, 18:12
vendor getting a special request for customized gear also keep in mind that some organizations have staffed machine, fab, and sew shops internally to make custom gear and whatnot.

There are also a lot of companies that will give a product away for free if they think it might get seen or spoken of. And some companies that will hire a guy straight outta uniform.

There is generally a metric ton of ****ery around claims of SOF use. The saddest part, is, its irrelevant. No one has the same requirements, and few have equivalent skill or background.

Might as well be whacking it to 25yo lesbian supermodels.

Jsp10477
03-15-24, 17:11
The SP10’s are legit large frame rifles. As stated earlier in the thread, they’ve been in service since 2019. The SP10M is essentially the same gun as the newer SP10’s with the heavier barrel profile and lengthened gas system. I don’t like the melonited bcg’s, but other than that, they are on par with the other high end Mil grade 6.5’s and 308’s.

https://youtu.be/QWAW81MBet4?si=cfh95qw6wykL_-8F

JediGuy
03-15-24, 19:20
Might as well be whacking it to 25yo lesbian supermodels.

That’s very specific