PDA

View Full Version : LE TRADE IN 6945 Uppers.

DoubleW
02-27-24, 17:41
https://clydearmory.com/agency-trade-in-colt-le6945-complete-upper-receiver-group/

6940 uppers supposedly professionally cut down to be 6945’s. Price ain’t half bad.

SteyrAUG
02-27-24, 19:05
Seems a little pricey, did they change gas port size?

LE armorer cut downs are one of my least favorite things.

markm
02-27-24, 22:39
price is painful if the uppers were unfired. OUCH!

DoubleW
02-28-24, 04:25

If not these will be suppressed only uppers 😂. I know nothing about them. I’ve never heard of the company who did the work. If these are indeed functional & professionally done with a Colt BCG, I don’t think $619 is bad considering a new 6945 upper costs around $1100.

And I don’t think an LE armorer did these. It sounds like they were sent out to a shop. I’ve never heard of the shop and haven’t researched them.

WillBrink
02-28-24, 09:17
They are used, so wear on them will vary and it says no refunds. Does not seem like a terrible price, but personally, I don't buy used firearms unless it's from a person I know as to how they maintain there guns, or a shop I trust. Off the net? Hell no.

kirkland
02-28-24, 09:32
Price does not seem bad as long as the work was done right. The only thing that would cause me to hesitate is that whoever did the work is a mystery, and condition and wear is a mystery.

Uncas47
02-28-24, 12:21
The website says done by Innovative Arms. I'm not familiar but maybe some of you are.

DoubleW
02-28-24, 12:24
The website says done by Innovative Arms. I'm not familiar but maybe some of you are.
Only thing I could find about them is they make suppressors. I’m not even sure that’s the same company though.

HKGuns
02-28-24, 13:36
Not a deal.

556sniper
03-05-24, 18:48
I have one if these 6945 cut down LE trade uppers I bought secondhand. It has very minmal wear which is nice, however mine does not cycle xm193, pmc xtac, m855 reliably. I have tried buffers H, HH and H3 to no avail. It will run hotloaded Fiocchi and Norma ammo.Sadly I am thinking that this may be a gasport issue. Hopefully I can get it figured out because its a neat piece of Colt

DoubleW
03-05-24, 18:52
I have one if these 6945 cut down LE trade uppers I bought secondhand. It has very minmal wear which is nice, however mine does not cycle xm193, pmc xtac, m855 reliably. I have tried buffers H, HH and H3 to no avail. It will run hotloaded Fiocchi and Norma ammo.Sadly I am thinking that this may be a gasport issue. Hopefully I can get it figured out because its a neat piece of Colt

Thanks for replying! That almost certainly verifies that when these were cut down, they did not open up the gas port. This would likely make an excellent suppressor host, but other than that or having the port opened I wouldn’t trust these.

signal4l
03-05-24, 20:23

LE armorer cut downs are one of my least favorite things.

That made me chuckle. One of our area PDs issued HK 94 rifles until the early-mid 2000s. The departmental gun guru decided that MP5s were way cooler. He used a hacksaw to cut the barrels. No re crown. No effort to cut the barrels flush. Just chopped em and stuck them back in the squads

This offended one of the swat cops who called the ATF and reported the PD for having un registered SBRs

They did the appropriate paperwork and received a stern talking to from ATF.

Im not sure if the barrels ever got fixed.

I agree....never buy an armorer cut down

SteyrAUG
03-06-24, 14:56
That made me chuckle. One of our area PDs issued HK 94 rifles until the early-mid 2000s. The departmental gun guru decided that MP5s were way cooler. He used a hacksaw to cut the barrels. No re crown. No effort to cut the barrels flush. Just chopped em and stuck them back in the squads

This offended one of the swat cops who called the ATF and reported the PD for having un registered SBRs

The sad part is those 94s were probably worth $2k each (assuming rack wear typical of LE guns) and they could have just sold them and bought factory MP5s direct from HK for about half as much.

03-06-24, 17:39
These are allegedly cut down by EA, which would have the appropriate tools for the job. I would not at all be surprised if they were cut down to be fulltime silencer hosts.

kirkland
03-08-24, 17:00

That's horrible, what a butcher.