PDA

View Full Version : Beretta's next gen service rifle (video)

Slater
02-28-24, 19:31
Beretta's "looks like an AR-15 but it's not" rifle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0q4SJHsEE

ddbtoth
02-28-24, 20:18
Civilian price when it shows up initially : $2500, 2 years later $799 at Academy, right before they abort it.

ABNAK
02-28-24, 20:24
Looks a helluva lot like a Sig MCX Spear LT. Much better aesthetically than the usual Beretta rifles which could be used in a sci-fi outer space movie! (yes, I am fully aware that aesthetics don't mean shit when it comes to a combat weapon's viability or not!)

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-28-24, 21:59
It will be just like a SIG MCX but actually work without the need for 2-3 beta releases on their customers.

Ron3
02-29-24, 07:20
Seems good. Folding stock would be nice.

They say there will be other calibers available but that's a favorite lie Beretta likes to tell.

Probably will be an accurate, reliable rifle.

Adrenaline_6
02-29-24, 08:06
Very interesting. Beretta always seems to make good equipment, but not get the attention they deserve. Weird.

The Italian's do have a way of pushing the envelope in innovation. A lot of times, their innovation goes mainstream and everyone else develops their own version of it. All you have to do is look at Ferrari and, to me, more so Ducati. Almost always ahead of the curve.

hotbiggun42
03-02-24, 19:24
It will be just like a SIG MCX but actually work without the need for 2-3 beta releases on their customers.

I watched a video on the new Sig spear that the military adapted. If you insert the mag to deep it locks up the rifle! Who tests the weapons before they adopt them?