PDA

View Full Version : One Point Sling Help

BLACK GHOST 2610
01-08-09, 04:44
Hey first post and its gotta be a stupid question hah... Just goot my Troy Ind One point sling and mounted the adapter plate on the weapon. (RRA Entry Tactical LEO) anyway, i am left handed so i threw the sling over my left shoulder and hooked the gun up. it seems like i have it somewhat right but its just not sitting properly. i tightened it up a bit and it did help, but i slso noticed a slide buckle with a short strap on it and im not sure what this is for... Any input im sure will help...Thanks

Vendetta
01-08-09, 07:17
I can't say that I fully understand your question. The slide buckle with the short strap is most likely for quick adjustments of the sling.

thopkins22
01-08-09, 07:33
Is it hooked up to the right side of the gun(is the adapter for lefties)? I don't have a Troy, but when nylon is involved, slide buckles are generally for tightening.

TUNNEL RAT 33
01-08-09, 11:14
the way i was taught you sling the rifle over your opposite shoulder so that when you let the weapon drop it doesnt hang up on your holster on your strong side . i have the troy as well as the blackhawk , the troy is my favorite as i prefer the wider sling . i'm not too sure what the shorter strap is for - i did take the pad off the troy sling though .

FVC3
01-08-09, 14:02
Just goot my Troy Ind One point sling and mounted the adapter plate on the weapon. (RRA Entry Tactical LEO) anyway, i am left handed so i threw the sling over my left shoulder and hooked the gun up. it seems like i have it somewhat right but its just not sitting properly.

Just wait till you start to run, knell, use both hands, or perform any number of other real-world activities while slung! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm not a fan of single point slings unless one is just standing there looking cool. No offense intended.

BLACK GHOST 2610
01-08-09, 14:42
Thnik i figured it out.... just needed to be way tighter than i thought. the slide buckle that is in the middle of the sling isnt for tightning. its just there as a limiter to keep the weapon from dropping too far off to the side.