PDA

View Full Version : Stipled Grips

R1pper
01-08-09, 07:54
Stipled grips such as a the one Burwell offers for the M&P's, are the allowed in IPSC? I was told that they are not allowed in either IDPA or IPSC but the individual could not verify this for me.

-DM-

GaryXD
01-08-09, 14:54
In the Production division of USPSA stippling is only allowed in certain areas. It says in the rulebook "Checkering, stippling, and/or tape may only be applied to the areas illustrated by the dashed line boundaries which include the frontstrap and backstrap." There is an illustration on the website.

In IDPA it will move you from Stock Service Pistol division to Enhanced Service Pistol division.

R1pper
01-08-09, 19:18
In the Production division of USPSA stippling is only allowed in certain areas. It says in the rulebook "Checkering, stippling, and/or tape may only be applied to the areas illustrated by the dashed line boundaries which include the frontstrap and backstrap." There is an illustration on the website.

In IDPA it will move you from Stock Service Pistol division to Enhanced Service Pistol division.

Thanks, I am looking at a Glock 34 for IPSC and it has stipled grips and was not sure if it was legal for production.

-DM-