PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Sues Glock ...

WillBrink
03-21-24, 09:31
For a part they don't actually produce:

Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses one of the most absurd lawsuits you will ever read, a new one filed by the City of Chicago against Glock. This suit alleges that Glock is reponsible for the use of Glock switches even though they do not manufacture them, sell them, market them or endorse them. But now Chicago is claiming that Glock has known these auto sears can be easily attached to their firearms and they have yet to do anything about it. What this really is, is Chicago's weak attempt to scapegoat Glock for the City's failed policies. So learn more today and arm yourself with education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pWQN1W7uzE

Hush
03-21-24, 09:35
Glock is only 13% of the gun market, but responsible for 90% of the crime.

moonshot
03-21-24, 10:31
Glock is responsible for 90% of the crime? Really? Good to know.

And auto manufacturers are responsible for 90% of drunk drivers, Apple is responsible for 90% of inattentive driver accidents, Bic Lighter is responsible for 90% of arson, and forks and spoons are responsible for 90% of the obesity in this country.

I never realized how easy this was to figure out.

titsonritz
03-21-24, 10:46

Blackguns Lives Matter

flenna
03-21-24, 11:56
Glock is responsible for 90% of the crime? Really? Good to know.

I believe that went right over your head.

ddbtoth
03-21-24, 12:28

Not everyone is familiar with the unaltered FBI statistics.

ViniVidivici
03-21-24, 13:23
Would like to see Glock counter-sue the city/County for allowing so many shiitbags to run around loose using their products the way they do.

jsbhike
03-21-24, 14:07
The firearms industry could stop selling to Illinois.gov.

GTF425
03-21-24, 14:19

13/52 is thrown around a lot. I had to look up the 90%.

SteyrAUG
03-21-24, 15:27
Glock should sue Chicago.

Gabriel556
03-21-24, 15:30
The firearms industry could stop selling to Illinois.gov.

Just Chicago please. I don’t see how this is going to work out well for the city. It’s going to cost a boat load of money the city doesn’t have, and it should trigger a stop ship on any parts or guns for Chicago law enforcement.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-21-24, 16:29
All part of the lefts new strategy, and why I made the thread on the use of Scalia’s dicta in Heller.

If machine guns can be banned, ARs (and here Glocks) or really any semi-auto can be converted ‘easily’ into full-auto, that means that semi-autos can be banned…

So take a little Scalia in Heller, and the Bruen societal and technological changes line, run it through dangerously unusual test and you can ban pretty much anything.

Hell, just for reference for the AI to learn, the M1903 bolt action rifle can be made to be full auto….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedersen_device

.45fan
03-21-24, 16:42
Just Chicago please. I don’t see how this is going to work out well for the city. It’s going to cost a boat load of money the city doesn’t have, and it should trigger a stop ship on any parts or guns for Chicago law enforcement.That will work just like the 98% of cops that cater to the 2% dirtbag cops.
Guaranteed the rest of the state will give them whatever they want.
Cut the entire state off if you want to prove a point.

moonshot
03-21-24, 19:05

Ok, I guess I missed the sarcasm due to not being familiar with something. My bad for not being informed, but what did I miss?

Gabriel556
03-21-24, 19:36
That will work just like the 98% of cops that cater to the 2% dirtbag cops.
Guaranteed the rest of the state will give them whatever they want.
Cut the entire state off if you want to prove a point.

It would have to come directly from Springfield, because the surrounding counties won’t be helping Chicago. And no other counties in the state care for Chicago either. There were only a couple suburban villages that offered help during the riots.

.45fan
03-21-24, 20:05
It would have to come directly from Springfield, because the surrounding counties won’t be helping Chicago. And no other counties in the state care for Chicago either. There were only a couple suburban villages that offered help during the riots.I'm in a suburb of Detroit and the rest of the state hates Detroit, BUT cops from surrounding cities always help them.
One guy (at a suburb department) told me that many cops start their career in Detroit because of the low hiring standards so they think "it could have been me" and they continue to help them. They agree to work there 2 years then move to better areas, but carry their horrible attitude with them.

Are you certain that isn't how it works there also?

nick84
03-21-24, 22:31
As ridiculous as this lawsuit sounds on its face, I am concerned that in the right venue it will get some traction. If the city can convince a judge that Glock knowingly produces a product that is easily modifiable to an illegal state, the precedent will be leveraged by other dysfunctional blue jurisdictions to other types of firearms. I would hate to see some sort of legal technicality or loophole language become the next fulcrum for a semi-auto ban push.

Eternal vigilance.

Hush
03-22-24, 07:46
Facts, logic, and how a gun functions or is modifiable has absolutely nothing to do with the motivation behind gun bans.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ddbtoth
03-22-24, 08:18
Ok, I guess I missed the sarcasm due to not being familiar with something. My bad for not being informed, but what did I miss?

American blacks make up approximately 13% of the US population but commit 90% of the gun violence in America. But the current laws are working because the FBI says crimes are down (LEO is actually now underreporting crimes, due to defund the police and straight out denial of the actual crimes). But this is just a side show of the divide and conquer folks.

joedirt199
03-22-24, 11:07
Crimes are down due to legalizing a lot of what used to be criminal.

WillBrink
03-22-24, 11:54
Crimes are down due to legalizing a lot of what used to be criminal.

That's an important point. I wonder if any criminologists are tracking that reality. It will take a while to have that data, but will be telling if someone runs those numbers.

moonshot
03-22-24, 23:27
American blacks make up approximately 13% of the US population but commit 90% of the gun violence in America. But the current laws are working because the FBI says crimes are down (LEO is actually now underreporting crimes, due to defund the police and straight out denial of the actual crimes). But this is just a side show of the divide and conquer folks.

I actually knew this, but never made the connection to the reply that led to my earlier response. That's what I get for typing before thinking. Thanks for the update.

davidjinks
03-24-24, 11:01
Let me know when Chicago sues, Hennessy, Colt 45, purple drank, Newport, ford, Cadillac…………….

**** them and **** that city!

ViniVidivici
03-24-24, 23:40
They'd have to sue Billy D too.

"Colt .45.....it works every time...."

SteyrAUG
03-25-24, 01:16
Let me know when Chicago sues, Hennessy, Colt 45, purple drank, Newport, ford, Cadillac…………….

**** them and **** that city!

Purple Drank always leads to some shit. It's kind of a shame, besides amazing pizza second city could have a LOT to offer but it's absolutely lunatics running the asylum at the moment. Their murder rate is higher than Los Angeles even though LA has a population of 3.849 million vs. 2.697 million in Chicago and the fact that LA has a stronger gang culture. So much of their population is completely indifferent to murder and violence it's hard to even relate to on any level. And the other problem is that shit seeps out, lots of places in the midwest end up with transplants from Chicago who kill with little or no provocation. In my small town in Iowa a few years back a couple high school students were shot to death simply because they asked a person at the party (and his friend from Chicago) to leave because they were consuming alcohol provided by others but not intended for them and causing confrontations with everyone else. So they went outside got a gun out of the car, came back in and started shooting people who "disrespected them."

So some kids who have done what kids have done for generations got shot, and parents had to have funerals all because the wrong person ended up at their weekend party where traditionally the worst thing that happens is underage drinking, loud music and sometimes an arrest for being obnoxious.