PDA

View Full Version : SIG MCX issues in Germany?

Slater
04-25-24, 19:23
Maybe they just like HK better?

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/kiel-polizei-im-norden-bekommt-neue-gewehre-dpa.urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-231229-99-437665

Translated:

"Kiel (dpa/lno) - The police in Schleswig-Holstein are getting new rifles. The previous weapons of the type MCX of the manufacturer Sig Sauer will be retired, among other things, because of defects and difficult spare parts procurement, as the state police office announced on Friday. Previously, the Schleswig-Holsteinischer Zeitungsverlag (SHZ) had reported on it. The more than 500 rifles and older submachine guns still in use are to be replaced by HK437 weapons from Heckler & Koch from the beginning of 2024. This is a medium-range weapon that, according to the information, combines the advantages of a rifle and a submachine gun. The replacement is expected to cost around 4.3 million euros."

opngrnd
04-28-24, 22:55
Or maybe Sig products aren't always that great...

georgeib
04-29-24, 05:51
Or maybe Sig products aren't always that great...I'm pretty well convinced that nobody's products are always that great. Propaganda being what it is, and reality being what is it, rarely —if ever— does reality justify the hype. Come to think of it, I can't come up with a single example.

Averageman
04-29-24, 08:40
I've not had good luck with Sig USA, but thats another subject, that or the Sig USA way of doing things has become SOP in Europe.

Hank6046
04-29-24, 08:45
I'm pretty well convinced that nobody's products are always that great. Propaganda being what it is, and reality being what is it, rarely —if ever— does reality justify the hype. Come to think of it, I can't come up with a single example.

^^^ This. People want an easy solution, a one stop shop, and too often that just isn't the case.

Defaultmp3
04-29-24, 09:19
I've not had good luck with Sig USA, but thats another subject, that or the Sig USA way of doing things has become SOP in Europe.The MCX is purely a SIG USA product. SIG GmbH (DE) doesn't really produce much anymore, AFAIK, really just some handguns (along with their custom shop), while SIG AG (CH) only produces the SG series when it comes to rifles.

Averageman
04-29-24, 09:37
The MCX is purely a SIG USA product.

Well, that explains it to me and reconfirms my inital observation.

TMS951
05-01-24, 12:37
Or maybe Sig products aren't always that great...

Sig usa products seem to always be garbage.

They don’t win contracts because they are good. They win contracts by just meeting the requirements and underbidding everyone else.

georgeib
05-01-24, 14:14

They don’t win contracts because they are good. They win contracts by just meeting the requirements and underbidding everyone else.

I've got several Sig USA products that are excellent. All of them pistols. And one product that is okay too, a 556R gen 2. It's never been run too hard, but it does have a few thousand rounds through it. No stoppages, but the handguard moves around a bit, which is an irritation. And the pivot pin detent spring is broken inside the channel, making the pivot pin loose.

markm
05-01-24, 14:41
They win contracts by just meeting the requirements and underbidding everyone else.

I have to imagine that there's more to winning these contracts than price and specifications. But I'm jaded.

ABNAK
05-01-24, 18:25
I have to imagine that there's more to winning these contracts than price and specifications. But I'm jaded.

Oh I'm sure that is the case. Pray tell how many retired generals or full-birds now work as "consultants" for SIG? Just thinking out loud.....:rolleyes:

Whalstib
05-01-24, 22:37

I've had a number if Sig USA and all excellent! A couple had minor cosmetic finish issues but I can't recall one FTF or any issue of the sort. Accurate out of the box! I had a Springfield XDS and I couldn't hit the side of a barn with that thing! I thought it was me then grabbed a Sig 365 and was punching nice tight groups! Both with 3" barrels. I never figured out why XDS was so inaccurate. I'm jonesing for a 365 XL after trying a buddies!

SteyrAUG
05-02-24, 00:47
^^^ This. People want an easy solution, a one stop shop, and too often that just isn't the case.

Everyone makes something that was crap.

HK had the G36.

SIG has lots of questionable stuff.

Glock had the unsupported .40 chambers.

Colt had the 2000 handgun.

opngrnd
05-02-24, 07:53
^This.

I'll quit hating Sig when their rear sights quit falling off the pistols I'm issued. Even with the rear sights screw loctited. Not saying all their products suck, but I'm not a fan of their business practices.