PDA

View Full Version : Judge Joe Brown and HIV in the penal system.

Averageman
05-01-24, 08:12
I find Judge Brown to be a relatively credible Guy, but what he talks about here is very chilling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWPhIpLMlY
So if you go in to County Lock-up STI free, in 9 months there is a 94% chance you have HIV.

Still trying to wrap my head around that. Guilty or innocent, here's your death sentence.

ddbtoth
05-01-24, 08:57
The destruction of the black nuclear family is one of the biggest travesties in America. Thank you LBJ.

Diamondback
05-01-24, 11:55
So if you go in to County Lock-up STI free, in 9 months there is a 94% chance you have HIV.

Still trying to wrap my head around that. Guilty or innocent, here's your death sentence.

By design, it's part of "you might beat the rap but WON'T beat the ride" and "the process is the punishment."

jsbhike
05-01-24, 19:10
One state ran an ad campaign basically boasting that being incarcerated in one of their facilities would likely get the convicted person raped.

Averageman
05-01-24, 19:35
I'm not by any means "soft on crime."
But if you can't control people locked in cages any better than that, you don't need to keep them.

ThirdWatcher
05-01-24, 20:07
One state ran an ad campaign basically boasting that being incarcerated in one of their facilities would likely get the convicted person raped.

That’s disgusting, an excellent way to create career criminals.

05-02-24, 05:50
Yeah, the penal system is in desperate need of reform, in my eyes. I find this appalling and in extreme violation of “cruel and unusual”.

joedirt199
05-02-24, 06:22
You guys do know they give each other tattoos in jail with a staple stuck in a jail pen. They burn book paper to make smoke and mix the suet with vasoline or lotion to make ink. No doubt they are not sanitizing the staple before each use.

05-02-24, 06:52
You guys do know they give each other tattoos in jail with a staple stuck in a jail pen. They burn book paper to make smoke and mix the suet with vasoline or lotion to make ink. No doubt they are not sanitizing the staple before each use.Yeah. And rape is common, too. While “supervised”.

Don’t get me started on the cesspool of other infectious diseases and parasites that prisons sometimes exceed nursing homes in. But that is to be expected in densely populated confines filled as full as possible with discarded humans.

jsbhike
05-02-24, 10:20
I'm not by any means "soft on crime."
But if you can't control people locked in cages any better than that, you don't need to keep them.

The prevalence of drugs and other criminal activity in jails/prisons has been pointed out for years anytime more authority/less freedom is requested/demanded as the way to end crime outside of those jails/prisons.

lowprone
05-02-24, 18:36
The government can't run a whorehouse and make money, just think about that !

shadowspirit
05-05-24, 21:35

Maybe to scare people. Tyranny.

Averageman
05-06-24, 07:43
Well, if you had the political connections, it would seem to be the perfect way to take a rival out of the picture.

If you're someone's political enemy, don't be, they'll get you and it will be 100% legal.

Diamondback
05-06-24, 09:33
Well, if you had the political connections, it would seem to be the perfect way to take a rival out of the picture.

If you're someone's political enemy, don't be, they'll get you and it will be 100% legal.

Yup, and don't think even the most True Believer of Dems are safe - remember, Heinrich Himmler used the Gestapo against his own personal enemies within NSDAP right along with the external Enemies of the Party.

jsbhike
05-06-24, 09:48

That gets mentioned by Horace Kephart concerning Appalachian feuds.

https://www.loc.gov/item/22021761/

It's iffy whether the feuds started over a slight against family or were purely political from the start, but a common theme was for those in the feud to gain political office to better attack their opponents.

The 1922 update linked above also has interesting occurrences from the war on drugs(alcohol edition) not included in the 1913 original.