PDA

View Full Version : Walther PDP wins German special forces contract

JediGuy
05-02-24, 07:42
https://fragoutmag.com/walther-pdp-selected-system-pistole-spezialkrafte/

The Walther PDP full size and compact versions are being acquired to replace H&K and Glock pistols. This is unique in my mind, as the PDP is a 3rd Gen P99, with the 3rd Gen enhancements coming directly American user input.

I’ll keep my PPQ’s, but cool to see this. Government adoption of anything should improve what enhancements are available.

Alpha-17
05-02-24, 08:58
Never been impressed with Walther. Their polymer guns always feel cheap and mediocre at best.

henri
05-02-24, 09:08
Never been impressed with Walther. Their polymer guns always feel cheap and mediocre at best.

I have had the opposite experience. Have had the PPQ and now own PDP's (full & compact) the triggers are outstanding, accurate AF, more so than Glock/HK, and never had a single issue in roughly 5-6k rds( so far) so also reliable AF. I still like the Glocks & HK's but the Walthers are just better. Sort of like going from a corolla to a Lexus, both work and do the job, but the Lexus does it better. Also, the 'fit and finish' as the expression goes, has been exemplary far from "cheap'.

JediGuy
05-02-24, 10:40
The PPQ is outstanding.

The PDP rattles a bit for me. Then again, I have a PPQ slide on a PDP frame, so maybe that’s my fault.

Bret
05-02-24, 10:59
I have two PPQ's. One's a 9mm and the other is a 40S&W. Both are very accurate, especially the 40S&W. Unfortunately, it's not 100% reliable. Walther's customer service is horrible. They blamed a variety of ammunition that runs 100% in many other 40S&W chambered pistols that I have while ignoring the chatter marks on the underside of the barrel and the brass shavings that keep appearing.

screechjet
05-02-24, 14:08
Interesting as the Japanese GSDF just went with the HK VP9 as their new general issue pistol.