PDA

View Full Version : Northern lights last night!

tn1911
05-11-24, 09:15
https://i.ibb.co/vQnVYSp/IMG-0016.webp

East Tennessee about an hour east of Nashville.

AKDoug
05-11-24, 10:03
Very cool. I've lived in Alaska for 49 years now. I get to see them all the time. What I don't get to see all the time is the aurora with any color other than green. The most spectacular aurora I have witnessed was actually in Idaho. I got the full show of green, yellow, blue, purple, red and green.

ViniVidivici
05-11-24, 10:15
Un. ****ing. Real.

Truly amazing. Was out last night, saw it. Was on the radio with other folks in other places seeing similar.

Saw it come and go. Reds, blues, light greens.....big streaks like spotlights from beyond the horizon, grey-greenish blast directly overhead, and it wafted and changed through the night.

First time in my life I've ever seen them with my own eyes. Pretty awesome display.

One of the guys on the Olycomm3 repeater had spent time up north, and gave a perspective of comparison. Just a great experience overall.

Western WA here.

Artos
05-11-24, 10:20
On thursday we had a high of 110 & heat indexes into the mid 120's & now stalled front is holding in all the smoke coming from the fires down in the Yucatán...summer should be fun.

Some were saying you were possibly going to see the lights here in tx down to san antonio, but found it unlikely & hadn't seen or heard anything from the entire state yet.

Sam
05-11-24, 14:09
The media around here hardly informed us. Besides, we're too close to a major metro area, the sky is too bright.

markm
05-11-24, 16:05
Cool! The fukktard media is trying to sell this to booger eaters in AZ like the once in a lifetime eclipse that happens ever couple years. ZERO chance for us to see it, but mongos are loading their kids into mini vans to get disappointed as we type.

SteyrAUG
05-11-24, 16:59
Thankfully last night was pretty clear so we got nice red bands across the sky followed by green.

Sounds like we will get a repeat tonight.

ViniVidivici
05-11-24, 19:36
Cool! The fukktard media is trying to sell this to booger eaters in AZ like the once in a lifetime eclipse that happens ever couple years. ZERO chance for us to see it, but mongos are loading their kids into mini vans to get disappointed as we type.

I saw reports from people in AZ seeing it.

StainlessSteelRat
05-11-24, 20:11
Apparently they were visible from the Keys, for only the 3rd time in recorded history.

Artos
05-11-24, 21:54
Tx reporting sightings as well...i've seen the sun once in the past two weeks & that was last thursday when it went off the charts.

I woulda losta bet on the keys having eyes on this...we are along that southy route but have no way to check. Loco weather.