PDA

View Full Version : 14" shotgun

Sam
11-24-06, 16:21
What kind of forms, paperwork, fees, legal hoops do I have to jump through to get a 14" shotgun. Thanks.

K.L. Davis
11-24-06, 19:44
Private purchase? If your State allows it, the dealer you are working with should steer you in the right direction... short answer is the application, finger print, CLEO sign off, $200.00 tax stamp and wait a few weeks.

Of course that is the generic answer...

Army Chief
01-01-07, 15:49
It's been a few years since I was an active Class III owner, but I seem to recall that the wild card variable with shotguns is that some might be classified as AOWs, depending upon how the manufacturer papered them -- and whether or not there is any intent of equipping the weapon with a buttstock (relevant because AOWs are essentially smoothbore pistols in the eyes of the law).

Unless you're the manufacturer, you don't really determine this, but if you do happen to find an AOW-registered scattergun (such as the old Automatic Weaponry Witness Protection models), you'll be looking at the same process outlined above, only with a $5 tax stamp, instead of $200.

Chief

USMC03
01-01-07, 16:26
Same paper work as a short barreled rifle.

Form 1 signed by Chief Law Enforcement Officer.

Finger Print Cards

Citizenship verification (or whatever the hell that other form is)

$200

and a couple month wait

http://www.coloradoshooting.org/75%25%20benelli%20super%2090%20m1%20w%2014%20inch%20barrel.jpg

eodinert
01-09-07, 03:37
Form 1 signed by Chief Law Enforcement Officer.
Finger Print Cards
Citizenship verification (or whatever the hell that other form is)
$200
and a couple month wait

Or, do a trust, then this:

$200
and a couple month wait

Check out the trust thread in the arfcom NFA forum. It's the hot setup.