PDA

View Full Version : LMT Bolt Carriers

rat31465
01-08-09, 21:16
Back in October of 2008 (Pre-election) I purchased a LMT Defender 2000 and a handfull of P-Mags largely based upon advice and the recommendations of the shooters on this forum.
Since then I have fired 1800 rounds of ammo through this rifle which include 1000 of my own reloads and the rest being an assortment of Factory ammo both commercial and Military with somewhat boring consistency. It doesn't seem to want to choke on anything I feed it.
Today I was reading through the knowledge based threads and saw that the AR comparison chart states that LMT uses M16 Full Auto bolts in manufacturing their firearms.
Out of curiousity I went and pulled mine and discovered that according the pic (Shown below) from the knowledge based threads, that mine was shipped instead with the Enhanced Ar15 bolt just like the one in the middle below.

So I guess my real question is this:
Is there any issues, concerns or problems associated with this bolt carrier that I should be on the lookout for in the future?
The rifle will probably never be ran really hard for extended periods of time. Although I do want to take a carbine course with it in 2009...otherwise while it will be shot frequently...it is unlikely to see more than a couple of hundred rounds a month ran through it.

Secondly: Is this an isolated incident or has anyone else found this bolt within their LMT's purchased recently?

I am extremely happy with this Carbine so far and have nothing but good things to report about my experience with LMT...but am wondering if I need to be considering a bolt carrier upgrade anytime in the near future or not?
I always appreciate any comments or advice from other who may have had similar experience.

rat31465
01-08-09, 21:58
I guess maybe my question was posed a little to prematurely.
I found the link below which directed me to LMT's website and discovered that what I purchased is exactly what I have gotten. The LMT STD16 which I have was built and shipped with a semi-auto bolt carrier group (Aka-Enhanced AR-15)
As I stated previously I am extremely happy with my purchase and especially since I payed below the MSRP listed.

I guess that a bolt upgrade along with a DD Omega Rail™ 7.0 (Carbine) is in my near future.
Wouldn't hurt to have a spare around anyway would it? :D

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=186&cid=12&session=410c803a6a68c0cd33b762be466db0cf

MisterWilson
01-08-09, 22:10
Reader's Digest Condensed Version:

Dear people: I have a rifle that's been completely flawless. Despite my best efforts, it won't stop working.

Should I dick it up in an effort to "fix" it?

No.

RD62
01-09-09, 06:54
Reader's Digest Condensed Version:

No.

+1

Get the Omega. You are refering more to the carrier than the bolt anyway. The carrier you have is GTG. I you want a spare bolt for a backup. Get one, not the whole BCG.

-RD62